Neil Patrick Harris

On Gay Marriage:

Ready and Waiting

6/25/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New York state legalized gay marriage last night -- and you can expect Neil Patrick Harris to be one of the first in line to get hitched.

0625_neil_patrick_harris_gay_marriage_tweet
NPH and his partner David Burtka have twins together, and Neil tweeted this morning the couple has been engaged for years ... just waiting for it to become legal.

There's no backing out now!

Carter Swenson

Is there anything in any of the thousand versions of the bible that explicitly outlaws girl on girl action? I've seen all the passages that "ban" the activities of rump-rangers but I have yet to see anything that outlaws the carpet-munchers.

Brandon

I find it disturbing that so many people have a problem with this. Why should you care. Being an ATHEIST I don't believe in God or God's way. You shouldn't pass your judgement on others, doesn't Christianity teach that? Stop being hypocrites. And I'm sure gay people choose to be gay just like you all choose to be straight. Hear how stupid that sounds? If you don't like it or agree with it, fine. But respect others decisions because gay people are people too. You wouldn't like it if people harshly judged the way you lived, so don't judge them.

Carter Swenson

@self-employed

Who is forcing it on you dude? If some guy is making you his beyotch against your will then call the cops. Otherwise I don't see how it effects you unless you are sneaking around and looking for it. But hey if you like getting a little butt pirate action on the sly then more power to you, I personally like the wiminz!!!

Cindy

Surprised by all the haters. Yay for New York and the couples there waiting to marry. I hope my brother is not one of them, because his boyfriend is a douche.

Cartman

The whole gay marriage thing is simply an attack on religion.

Call it whatever you like but you can see the people who are defending perversion attacking religion and the bible, etc.

I don't care what any two adults do together behind closed doors, seriously. But don't expect people to consider it normal.

Curious

Carter Swenson -

Good question and so far i can only find a passing statement in Romans about lesbians -

--Romans 1:26 ESV / 4 helpful votes
For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;--

Of course, it has to be remembered that back then, women were unclean, worth less on the slave market ( a boy was worth five shekels while a girl was only worth three) and subject to the men. I don't suppose anyone gave it much thought.

nick

this is so wrong thats like telling my kids it's ok to be gay they all will burn in hell cause god said to be fruitfull and multiply a man and a man cannot produce and a woman and a woman the same this is shamfull of america

Tony C

@David Jong - Sorry I thought I was timing it right, but I guess they changed the time of the flash mob

some guy

Didn't marriage originate from a time when women were viewed as property? Isn't the dowry nothing but a payoff? I for the life of me can never see why someone would want to get married. Then the govt. gets involved with your personal life and who you're banging is all of a sudden a big deal.

Carter Swenson

@nick

So you are using the argument that infertile people should not get married? In other words, if an older man lost his spouse, you would be against him marrying an older lady who lost her spouse.

And speaking of kids...

Deuteronomy 21:18-21

18 If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, 19 his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. 20 They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." 21 Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid.

fstblk

As hard as it is to find love nowadays SO WHAT if same sex people want to marry.You people who have loveless lives should get out in the world and perhaps find one.We all have one life to live. There are no makeovers in life.I for one think this is a good thing.What was that saying "YE WHO PROTEST TOO MUCH".

LindaJay

Can this ever be holy matrimony or is it in direct contradiction/disobedience to God's word?

some guy

This just in: The source of Japan's earthquake has been traced to all the yaoi films that have been infesting the internet. More to follow.

Sunshine

NPH and his partner David Burtka have twins together.
2 men can't have babies together.

Sunshine

By the way congratulation.
Wonder which one will dress as the bride.