Anthony Weiner -- 'Tense,' 'Miserable' Lunch with Wife

6/26/2011 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Good news: Anthony Weiner and his wife Huma Abedin are still together.
Bad news: It's still reallllllllly awkward.

0626_weiners_jefferson_siegel_news_watermark
The disgraced former congressman and his wife were spotted having lunch in New York City on Saturday where she "looked miserable," a witness told the NY Daily News

The couple (who both sported wedding rings) dined at La Bottega in Chelsea's Maritime Hotel and spent most of the meal attached to their cell phones (see below), the witness told the paper.

0626_weiner_sipa_usa
Their waiter told the NYDN that Weiner was a bad tipper and looked "really tense. Just like he was carrying some intense baggage."

Later, Weiner was seen carrying actual baggage ... as in her purse.

That's probably not changing any time soon.

Tedro

I bet she ha a "nasty" toon toon --to boot??

Ellis

The addiction to these electronic devices is horrible. He can't keep his eyes straight ahead for a minute, he has to be looking at his Blackberry,or cell phone, or whatever else he has. If I were King of the World the first thing I would do would be to shoot down every satellite (sp?) that enables these things. They are a curse on mankind

Johanna Rae

I still cant beleive he actualloy used a cell phone to send a picture ....this relationship definaletly has issues as do many ...They really do not look happy and the fact that he is all on his cell phone like that ..wow lol

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

What did they devour a couple wieners and fries? This man is already plotting his political comeback and the sad New Yorker's, another third world destination now will let him back in the door like fools. What morons this country is filled with today

I heard now since DO ME Howser can marry his buddy, they're gonna change the name of "How I met your Mother" to "How I seduced and humped your brother'..

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Not to mention he looks like he just rolled off of HUMA in the backseat... tuck your shirt in buddy, what a slob.

E

That marriage is as dead as an overcooked weiner. And she looks like the back end of a subway car.

Tom Paine

Right. He did nothing wrong. Only putting the country in jeopardy by risking blackmail. Not from some cheap two-bit, but from somebody like the Russians or Al Qaeda. This isn't some bored businessman from NYC, it's a major political player privy to some sh*t I don't want getting into the wrong hands.

Is amazing how Americans are so oblivious to the obvious. It's no wonder TMZ cares so much when LL or KK fart.

Trisha

Maybe they were tense and miserable because the media won't leave them the hell alone. Just a thought.
Have lunch with your wife/husband or bf/gf while having people snapping pictures and staring at you the whole time...they handled it better than I would've, that's for sure.
As for those mentioning him on the phone: look at her! She's reading the menu! Is he supposed to sit there and stare at the back of the menu? lol You guys are ridiculous trying to find any tiny little thing to hate on.

Deb

I would be miserable, too if I had to look across the table at that troll-headed dweeb. He is so unattractive. If that man sent me dirty photos, I'd probably cry, or jump off a bridge.

chris nugent

If I have a wife that look like her, I would be cheating too

PRO US

He's a smart Jewish guy who supports Israel and she's a Muslim lady whose mother and brother have ties to the Islamic Brotherhood. It's a strange combination because Zionists and the Muslim Brotherhood are not exactly compatible.

I believe from what I've read that their marriage was fake to start with with no real love or chemistry between them, just a lust for power within American politics.

If you really want to know what Huma Abedin's and her family's background is, you can read an article here and judge for yourself if their marriage is real or fake:

Samael

She's bitter because her husband no longer has any power. She married for the same reason Hillary married Bill. She wanted a powerful husband. That's gone now.

george fudge!

OK, in the 2nd pic, sure hope Weiner did not take a blackberry photo of himself and was tweeting it to someone, but that's what it looks like! He's unemployed now, his wife should definitely take away his Blackberry.

janet

Weiner is just another politician who does what he want's until he gets caught.

Now the same standard fake apologies. This is just another 'political' marriage.

Notice how it doesn't matter. They keep most of their salary, perks, benefits.

Hillary Clinton is a career politician,

ka0z4allu

Ohhh tense miserable lunch! Man is this country so sad and stupid. OMG he tweeted some picks! Some states still have the death penalty maybe he deserves it! Are you kidding me! He is doing far less than most people that comment on this story! whatever TMZ