Anthony Weiner -- 'Tense,' 'Miserable' Lunch with Wife

6/26/2011 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Good news: Anthony Weiner and his wife Huma Abedin are still together.
Bad news: It's still reallllllllly awkward.

0626_weiners_jefferson_siegel_news_watermark
The disgraced former congressman and his wife were spotted having lunch in New York City on Saturday where she "looked miserable," a witness told the NY Daily News

The couple (who both sported wedding rings) dined at La Bottega in Chelsea's Maritime Hotel and spent most of the meal attached to their cell phones (see below), the witness told the paper.

0626_weiner_sipa_usa
Their waiter told the NYDN that Weiner was a bad tipper and looked "really tense. Just like he was carrying some intense baggage."

Later, Weiner was seen carrying actual baggage ... as in her purse.

That's probably not changing any time soon.

brown dynamite

I'm glad this guy gave him a crappy tip, the waiter would have been talking crap even if Weiner was generous.

Puckett

David Jong 4 minutes ago
@Puckett: "Their waiter told the NYDN that Weiner was a bad tipper... Nice to know that if you dine out at La Bottega in Chelsea's Maritime Hotel the waiter will be gossiping about you to the NYDN the next day. Classy place, classy waitstaff.

Maybe if he left a decent tip, they wouldn't have gossiped about him.

----

Maybe he did leave a reasonable tip and waiters just have their heads up their ass about what's a "good tip". Maybe the waiter didn't even deserve a good tip and was lucky to get a reasonable one.

and I don't want to here that "20% is the new 15%" crap from waiters either. Love that when they try to tell you the cost of living and wages have gone up over the years so the tip PERCENTAGE should too. No jackass dining out costs a lot more now then it used to and you still only get 15% for providing reasonable and adequate service. You want any more then that bend over ******* backwards for it and people will notice.

lol just started reading some reviews of this place on yelp.com

"The lunch I had was nice - Panini and 2 glasses of sangria - but pricey - $29.40 + tip. The buss staff was outstanding - filling water, bringing bread. The waitstaff seems to be hired on appearance (cute white waitresses) and not talent for service. They should lose them and promote the buss staff (all people of color) And, I don't rec sitting near a wait station where you can hear the snarky cute waitresses complaining."

"Service was not great. I got more attention from another waitress than I did from my waiter. I hope this is a place where they pool the tips. It's not like the place was overly busy, so I do not give the guy any excuse."

"Tip Worthy- 3: Gratuity included- Our waiter, Mr. White Pants, appeared to disappear"

you get the picture... ;-)

some guy

Any other buss boys wanna throw in their 2 cents?

Puckett

David Jong less than a minute ago
Any other buss boys wanna throw in their 2 cents?

----

lol, that would be interesting since we've already heard yours.

firebaby

dayum, she's got a (al pacino voice) GREAT ASS!

some guy

It's hard cleaning tables while I'm trolling teh internets

Bubbles The Chimp

She is just trapped in her old female Muslim ways that make her obey the husband whatever he does. He is lucky she hasn't cut off his penis....or head while he sleeps.

john

First!!! And yes i do have a girlfriend her name is tube 8, i mean uh princess zelda No! i ment um pam...pam. btw his wife has a nice arse,

Lady Di

Carrying her purse?????? WHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNFAN ME PLEASE!

@ jw ........57th comment 4th page NERD

TMS

She looks like she always does. I've never seen her without that sour look on her face.

STARR C

Damn she has a nice ass!! I love a little junk!

Sociopaths are Sad

As for the "being a bad tipper" part. Maybe the waiter was a complete tool...such as, for example, ratting them out. And maybe this was obvious. I've been in places that had HORRIBLE wait staff - some who made me feel as if I was beneath them (bizarre but true). Others who literally overcharged me by $20 (on a $25 lunch!). For this, I will NEVER be a good tipper. So I take that "bad tipper" comment with a grain of salt.

Besides, I have a feeling Weiner is an excellent tipper if the wait staff are attractive women. LOL.

As for Huma Abedin: HUGE A$$. HUGE. Most Indian women are very hippy with HUGE rumps. Even with black pants, she can't hide that. I would feel bad saying this...except that she's really really Muslim...and her family are really really into the Muslim pride - let's turn everyone into a Muslim movement (google it). And I think Huma married a Jew for specific purposes that had nothing to do with love. So I don't feel sorry for her (huge) A$$.

I think Huma & Weiner's marriage is FAKE...for political purposes only. I believe Huma looks miserable b/c Weiner did not live up to his part in the charade.

Sandra

Looks like she is staying with the pervert and that's too bad because he will not change!!

ingrid

She thought she was getting a powerful Congressman/Mayor of New York as a husband and now she's stuck with an unemployed douchebag. She sure didn't marry him for his looks and charming personality.