Rod Blagojevich

GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY

6/27/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rod Blagojevich's next job may be "Celebrity Apprentice, Prison Edition," because a jury just found him guilty of 17 felonies, including bribery and extortion.
0627_balgojevich_BN

The Blagojevich jury wasn't confused the second time around, clearly believing he tried to sell the Senate seat Barack Obama vacated when he was elected Prez.

The jury found the ex-Illinois Governor guilty on 17 out of 20 charges, including wire fraud, attempted extortion, bribery, and on and on.

The wiretap that may have done Blago in captures him saying, "I've got this thing and it's f**king golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for f**king nothing. I'm not gonna do it."

Blagojevich faces upwards of 20 years in prison.

ominous_goo

He is dreadfully hideous...whether his hair is real or not........just dreadful!!

Pound Sand

@dsfda....No one is going to buy your crap! Also you might want to learn how to spell website before you post your crap!

growup

so embarrassing. We'll have two former governors in jail. sigh. Yet sad thing is, I KNOW there are more rats out there doing business as usual. I really hope this conviction makes them think twice! Because we are all sick of it!!

I could not get permits for my business unless I made a "charitable donation" to a certain alderman's campaign. I did it once to get my permits but the creep kept coming back again and again and again. But be warned, I have a wearable camera now Chicago politicians!!

Kari

His actions were arrogant, greedy and stupid. Now he will spend much of the rest of his life in prison, and his wife and children will suffer as well. He was making great money, and greed took over. Sad--for everyone involved.

tracy

Kinda sad when child molesters and rapists don't get 1/2 of that jail time most of the time, heck they even get second chances, what is wrong with that picture and our justice system?

South Beach

Score one for the good guys, not so smug now are you Rod. What, no smart come back? Maybe you'll get Bernie Madoff as a roomate.

some guy

Gotta say... I'm a fan of Chicago hot dogs.

I think Rod will be, too.

Californiadesi

To bad jury members are not voir dire on their I.Q. A stupid verdict.Blagojevich has to pay for stupidity of the jurors.

Nater

Good now i hope he spills the beans about Barry Obama & the mayor of Chicago Rahm the Ballet Dancer

ZigZagZoey

This guy is the absolute WORST and perfect example of a politician.
Reality show idea ~ Watch Rod schmooze inmates for favors!

lizz

yesssssssssssssssssss! Finally!

This guy's a ****in phony and a douche bag. His greedy ass needs to be behind bars. What an embarrassment that he was actually a part of our government.

lgwelsh1

5-6 years tops, he will be out of prison, write a book and make millions. This isn't the last we have heard from ole Rod.

K.C.

Hope you take it in the butt, in the showers every day from the biggest guys in jail!!!

Lizz

LOL @Maynerd! Glad justice was served. This guy's an ass for thinking he could get away with it and I'm glad he didn't. I can only imagine how many others like him are sitting in those seats and making decisions for our country! UNREAL!

Sherrin

Blago was the fall guy - the real criminal is still in office.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4