Johnny Knoxville on Ryan Dunn:

I'm Emotional, Upset

6/27/2011 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Johnny Knoxville says he's been running through a gauntlet of emotions since his friend and "Jackass" co-star Ryan Dunn died last week ... ranging from mind-numbing sadness to anger directed at Ryan.

Johnny Knoxville

Knoxville went to his blog this weekend ... and explained why he froze up while speaking at Ryan Dunn's memorial service last week ... saying he tried his best, but "What came out were the mumblings of a man trying his best not to cry."

Knoxville writes, "Here is what I wished I could have told everyone then."

During the painfully honest blog, Johnny explains how much he loved Dunn -- he loved Dunn's "hair trigger laugh reflex ... Dunn was a great listener ... a great friend ... "as loyal as they come."

But midway through the tribute, Knoxville expresses his discontent with Dunn ... saying, "I'm becoming upset now because this isn't right, goddamnit. Ryan, I had to go wake up Madison and tell her you were gone. Do you know how hard that was?!! She loved you so much and I know you loved her, so why, buddy? Rocko will never get to know you like she did, nor will my daughter that is coming in October. I cry a lot about that."

Knoxville -- who refers to Dunn as his "brother" -- closed the post by saying, "I don't know what else to say right now, so I will close with I love you, Ryan. I have a lot of emotions swirling, but I want you to know I love you so very much."

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

GBeach

give it a rest. He was stupid. He chose to drink and drive. He killed himself. End of story. Next please.

jason

@lan, well said.

Jimmy

yea let them go through the grieving process...its going to be tough...i like that johnny recognizes his friends actions and sees the devestation that they caused...rest in peace..its not going to help matters to be morbidly obessed with someones death and treat it as a punchline...and alot of us see ourselves in these mistakes and we want to make judgements right away...we should refrain from that...two men lost their lives very tragically and horrifying manner...I watched Jackass...and I laughed at jackass..and watched VIVA LA Bam..and I laughed at viva la bam...alot of what they did was funny and they always seemed to be enjoying life...let them grieve.

some guy

I saw Johhny Knoxvile once in a bar in jersey. He was playing with some band. They sang a cover song. I wanted to get onstage and punch him.

some guy

JACKASS!!1one

some guy

If I wanted karaoke, I would've gone to my local karaoke bar. The one with the massage parlor girls. AND I had to pay a cover to get in. That really pissed me off.

BouncersSuck

Bubbles and all your fellow haters:

Get over it. Ryan Dunn had problems; so do you.

Ryan Dunn is/was more successful than you in his short life, even if that success was attained in a way you do not like or approve of.

I know you WANT to feel glee at the death of such a person. You want to feel as if YES, oh YES they DESERVED it.

That's fine. You are allowed to feel how you want. But spreading that garbage is just gross.

Big Poppa

Jimmy

everyone has problems...dont bask in someone elses.

magnut

F*CK RYAN DUNN.

However, Knoxville at least seems to be the first Jackass to at least address Dunn's arrogant stupidity. It would have been nice for Knoxville to at least acknowledge that Dunn killed another human being.

But this is not far enough. No one of the Jackass universe seems to care about acknowledging these points. All they mainly do is lament the loss of Ryan Dunn, as if it were some terrible tragedy, instead of it being the result of the most stupid, arrogant idiot, criminally negligent behavior that resulted in Ryan Dunn killing another human being.

F*CK RYAN DUNN.

Jules Destaing

The word "JACKASS" comes to mind.

fran

@jdub...I understand your upset but must you wish that kind of horror on another person, its not his family or his friends fault for what the person says on here.

BouncersSuck

I disagree with jason about Ian's statement being well said.

It was well structured. Lining up in a nice row first: A nice quick recap of Dunn's history of behavior/citations...

and second: The falsely empathetic (you cannot empathize with what did not happen...you are just evoking things now to turn someone's death into an even worse scenario) statement about Dunn killing more people, or other people, or people you know.

What if Ryan Dunn had crashed into a nuclear reactor???? Then what?????? What if Ryan Dunn had somehow killed Superman, with his car????? Thank God he died the fiery death that he did!!!!

You think you're being smart, but you're just being judgmental and cold, while using the situation to convince yourself you are better than someone who made a poor decision and paid the ultimate price for it. A consequence which can befall any of us, for much less consequential poor decisions than Ryan made on June 20th. Careful all you who believe yourself so perfect and safe - Karma loves us all equally. :)

Big Poppa

jerseygirl

wow!!! you critics need to get a life. If it were your friend, would you be happy if everyone was saying "thank god another less drunk driver"? OMG show some respect. JK is expressing his feelings on his friend's death. If you don't like it, don't read it, no one is forcing you to. I don't know your friends and surely won't make rude, repulsive comments about them when they screw up. Get a life people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DieselsJezebel

Someone pointed out to me a different way of looking at the situation. Ryan Dunn made a horrible fatal mistake in choosing to drink and drive. It was his choice. The same applies to the passenger; it was his choice to go with Ryan in the car. For those who will respond “passenger was too drunk” . . . the same applies to Ryan Dunn. You know it is not only drivers who should not drink and drive – passengers should know not to ride with those that drink and drive. Each one made their own decision and paid with their lives. It was a mistake on both their parts.

Fan

@jessdubu 3 hours ago "I can totally see what johnny is saying. I was mad at my ex who died of a drug overdose."

You are definitely qualified to have an opinion on the Dunn issue.

One way or another, drugs (including alcohol) take out a lot of people.

So sorry for your loss.