David Duchovny and Tea Leoni -- Separated

6/29/2011 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Duchovny and his wife Tea Leoni separated today ... TMZ has learned.

Tea Leoni

Sources close to the couple tell us ... although David and Tea are taking time apart, they have not decided if they will file for divorce.

David and Tea were married back in 1997 -- and briefly separated in 2008.

The couple has 2 children together -- a 12-year-old daughter and a 9-year-old son.

Cujeaux

I felt like he was shadowing me at LAX one time. He was standing by me next to a magazine rack in a fisherman'*****, so I left. I went to a diner and sat at the bar and not long after, David Duchovney came and sat a seat away from me. I refused to look at the creepy sex addict.

realitychecker

Move on with your life, Tea! Sex addict husbands are, figuratively and literally, a pain in the azz. Sorry, you didn't understand this before, could have saved you a lot of time and additional heartache.

Tracy

David Duchovny, Why Don't You Love Me?! I'm here for you DD.

itstrue

He's always struck me as a smart--- loser. Never saw the fascination with him. She's a gem, hopefully her children will survive.

Portia

Surprise...Surprise...NOT

K

I know this couple personally and trust me NONE of you know what you're talking about.
They are both very good people. They are honest and hard working and VERY good parents- just like you and me. Period.

Abigail

Oh no! Another Hollywood marriage gone bad! And yes Harvey, why is this filed under Celeb Justice? (Harvey: Because Am a Lawyer! lol.)

Terre

Tea: My heart is with you girl. You are one talented woman. I loved your TV show several years ago. Get out there again & show your talent - once this is all figured out.

Terre

sunny

David Duchovny and Tea Leoni WATCH FULL VIDEO AT http://bit.ly/jsrvfz

Tracy P

Well, they looked kinda miserable together, even before last time they split. He's been so skinny these last few years, hopefully they will both move on and be happy apart.

QE2

How embarrassing to be married to a publicly admitted sex addict anyway. I get that it is a problem, but it's not a disease like drugs or alcohol Just my opinion..

anony

Who's he diddling now?

cindy

Sex addict or not. I'll take him. He's yummy.

Cooper

He probably did something stupid - again!