Rick Ross Accused in Gruesome Doggy Death

6/29/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The blood of an adorable 3-year-old Yorkie named Banks is on Rick Ross' hands ... according to a lawsuit filed against the rapper.

0628_yorkie_ex_tmz
Banks' owner is suing Ross -- claiming 3 pit bulls escaped from Rick's mansion in Atlanta back in April ... entered her property and ferociously attacked her tiny pet Yorkshire Terrier.

According to documents obtained by TMZ, the yorkie suffered "3 large bite wounds on his back " along with a "very large bite wound" around his neck.

0628_rick_ross_doc_2

Cops were called to the scene -- and officials managed to free Banks ... but his wounds were so extreme, that the owner had no choice but to euthanize her beloved companion.

Investigators eventually cited Ross for the incident -- but the owner wasn't satisfied so she filed suit, demanding Ross fork over $15,000 in damages and court costs.

We're told the owner is especially upset because Ross has NOT apologized for the incident.

Calls and emails to Rick's camp have not been returned.

ChadJ

$15,000 sounds like a pretty cheap settlement.

Laura

To Banks' Mommy & family,

When I saw this story I started crying. I own three yorkies myself and your little guy looks just like my two boys- Vinnie & Rocco. I know how precious these dogs are and you have no idea how my heart goes out to you and your family. My dogs are my little babies. I just lost one of my yorkies, Gia, suddenly from a stomach aneurism in November. I know what you are going through. I am more concerned about what happened to the poor little guy and how your family is than that s***bag. He will get his, don't worry. If you were next to me I would hug you :( I am so sorry.

Laura

ChrisB

Nicole 4 hours ago

it should be against the law for an african american to own a pitbull

--------------------

It should be against the law for moronic racists like you to procreate. I see you're also not familiar with punctuation. Perhaps when you get out from under your rock and seek an education and hopefully, wisdom, you'll realize that the world is a pleasantly diverse place. Don't be afraid, c'mon, there's a whole, big world out here just waiting for you:)

darisa

to cutitout - white people using the word ghetto. i wish you could stop people saying a word just because you don't want them to use it. it's not going to happen. ignorance has been in this world forever and it will be in this world way after we are gone. so - take your ghetto cryin' somewhere else. this is TMZ. the most ghetto site there is. now for pitbulls...those that are advocating that these precious animals are misunderstood and it's the trainer's fault...do your homework and see how many times owners have said...HE/SHE'S NEVER BEEN LIKE THIS BEFORE! I'VE NEVER SEEN IT ACT LIKE THIS! and a child is dead because of the vicious animal...breed. yes, there are good animals, just like there are good people. but a good person can kill if provoked and depending on the cir****tance, which doesn't make them good anymore, just like an animal. Pit bulls are vicious and ferocious dogs. fact of life. best comment i read was the person who asked 'what if the yorkie provoked them?'. NICE!

CoreyPain718

IS THIS ABOUT SYMPATHY FOR A POOR ANIMAL THAT SUFFERED, AND WAS KILLED? OR IS THIS REALLY ABOUT BROKE, ANGRY WHITES IN THE MIDDLE OF A RECESSION BEING RESENTFUL OF A BLACK MAN WITH SOME MONEY? LOL JUST CURIOUS. I'M HERE TO PAY RESPECTS TO THE DOG AND ITS LOVED ONES.

Moi

This honestly makes me want to cry. I have a little dog and the thought that this could happen to him is terrifying. Rick Ross needs to pay WAY more than $15,000. I can only imagine how much pain and suffering that little dog went through before he died. Stupid fat lowlife of a man shouldn't be able to own dogs.

Mike

what do you expect? he's a ******. probably fights his dogs too.

Lol

People its a f*ck*ng animal stop acting like lil B1t%hes. you should be paying attention to your kids instead of being on tmz maybe if you did they wouldnt be getting pregnant at a early age or disrespecting you as much.

Big G Moe

Da owner of the dog is a sista. Its not a white, black issue. Its a dog on dog crime...... What if it wuz a kid, u gotta ya pooches under control. I cant be attacked by your mutt on my own property...I have Pitts myself. theyre good as long as Im there withem. thats why I dont live with nosey Neighbors

Mr Baxter

Ban pit bulls already

iamcart

I'm SO sick of these idiots and their frickin Pitbulls -- PUT THEM ALL DOWN, owners included! Sorry but a pitbull is the same as a ferrari -- it just tells me you have a small ******.

whocarez

Y'all must be white.. And some bitches.. Get over it its some damn dogs.. You think they would give a **** about you if it was you they was reading about??

whocarez

Y'all some racial sons of bitches, now let it been jus an average person that did this y'all wouldn't give a ****. Now that its a black rapper, y'all have all kind of comments to say grow the **** up and stop focusing on small dumb issues when we out here struggling to survive as an economy..

spyke

Pitbulls were specifically bred to be aggressive toward other dogs so in the hands of the wrong owner, especially in a pack this is the result. Even the most knowlegable dog enthusiast like Caesar Milan will not acknowledge that it IS the breed that is aggressive although with the right training, handling and owner they can be wonderful dogs. A lot of people just have them as status symbols because they are hostile, arrogant and antisocial themselves. This is not a true lover of the breed. Pitbulls are not misunderstood as many Pittie lovers would have you believe, in fact they are simply not understood well enough because so few owners take the time to research them.
My heart goes out to the owner of this little dog, this is just as bad as if it were her child being mauled, which btw happens quite often. This is a dangerous breed in the wrong hands.

lmg

Enough w/the "ghetto" remarks. I'm white and grew up in the south seeing a lot of 'white trash" people owning these dogs. Yeah..I said it! BTW...I hope she get 15 million!