Rick Ross Accused in Gruesome Doggy Death

6/29/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The blood of an adorable 3-year-old Yorkie named Banks is on Rick Ross' hands ... according to a lawsuit filed against the rapper.

0628_yorkie_ex_tmz
Banks' owner is suing Ross -- claiming 3 pit bulls escaped from Rick's mansion in Atlanta back in April ... entered her property and ferociously attacked her tiny pet Yorkshire Terrier.

According to documents obtained by TMZ, the yorkie suffered "3 large bite wounds on his back " along with a "very large bite wound" around his neck.

0628_rick_ross_doc_2

Cops were called to the scene -- and officials managed to free Banks ... but his wounds were so extreme, that the owner had no choice but to euthanize her beloved companion.

Investigators eventually cited Ross for the incident -- but the owner wasn't satisfied so she filed suit, demanding Ross fork over $15,000 in damages and court costs.

We're told the owner is especially upset because Ross has NOT apologized for the incident.

Calls and emails to Rick's camp have not been returned.

MARGETALICA

sue the loooooser. WHERE IS PETA =OUT DEFENDING VICK ..

Infonomics

Attention Kalenga:

How do you manage to own four Pitbulls yet you do not even know how to spell the name of the breed?

kimbo101

to all the people that talk crap about pitbulls dont knw sh**.ITS NOT THE PITBULLS FAULT BUT THE OWNER. RICK ROSS tought the pitbulls to do wrong enstead of right. pitbulls r like other dogs they listen and behave the way u teach them SO IF U DONT HAVE A PITBULL HOW WOULD U KNOW HOW THEY BEHAVE AND WHAT THEY CAN DO.......... just a reminder any dog can be like this and IN REALITY ITS NOT ONLY PIBULLS it can be the SMALLEST dog to the LARGEST dog that can BEHAVE THE SAME WAY.

Hdub's

Rick "The Boss" Ross!!!

Tired

As an owner of another supposed agressive breed, Akita. I find that people who own any large dog need to train there dog. I here all the time how agressive akitas' are supposed to be. My dog has been attacked over 6Xs by lab, and lab mix dogs. You need to know your dogs personality and then be a responsible owner. If you have aggressive dogs be prepared, make sure those around you r safe. These dogs were probably protection dogs, therefore more aggressive. Lets not point fingers at the breed. Rick Ross needs to step up pay the fee and appologize, thats what a real man, and good owner and neighbor would do.

CitySide

What a pr*ck! The LEAST he could have done was apologize. Why the hell are the simplest and most basic things so hard for members of the black community!

NYANIMALLAWYER

Do not blame the breed. I am an animal lawyer (CarolRyderLaw.com)and long-time animal rescuer, now focusing on anti-animal abuse laws in U.S. Congress (with NY Cong. Steve Israel),NY State and Long Island. Most of the dogs I handle are Pit Bulls and Pit Mixes. I had to train them firmly (no hitting but they are strong, so learning to walk "nice" without pulling a potential adopter requires strength and I am strong from years in the gym). However, I have NEVER been bit or even growled at. Only 1 bite-a fluffy little dog named "Buddy" bit me, however, as I tried to keep him from running out of the room he was in. EVERY breed has its "thing(s)" and adopters need to be screened carefully, which I did. The "type" of people who usually come in for Pits are scary and after they leave me they just go somewhere else and buy or adopt from a non-screening shelter to save money. We should, however, BAN FURTHER BREEDING of Pit Bulls and everytime someone advertises or we otherwise hear of them, send the police or whoever has police power; on Long Island (NY), Nassau County has a DA's Office segment for animal crimes and Suffolk has the Suffolk County SPCA, which have police powers. Alas, animals are still handled in the Suffolk Cty DA's office as economic crimes. So, let us carefully keep the ones we have, let them live out their natural lives, then no more breeding. When breeders are caught, their animals should be seized and spay/neutered/given shots and placed for adoption. Breeding dogs, of any breed, are subject to VERY INHUMANE conditions-I have seen a great deal.

Shannon

Ric Ross is an arogant *******, who thinks since he's a rising star he's better than anyone else. He needs to take some of that fat and make a heart. That poor dog was like a child to that family. I can't imagine how much he suffered trying to get away from those bulls. My heart goes out to you the family Banks RIP

FYI

For the people who make dum a** comments it not about the money its about the dog who is consider as a family member obviously they live just as well if they live next door to officer ricky

Angelina

i have a pit bull at home with a daughter at home. its the owner who raise the dogs to raise them. don't get me wrong it animal instinct. no matter what kind of animal it is they have an instinct to attack. yes pit bulls are strong and they have a lock jaw. and rick Ross is an idiot.

Jackie

OMG! I would go insane if this happened to my dog (also a Yorkie). It would be like watching my child get murdered! Okay, that's extreme but I love my dog like a member of the family. I hope he has to pay up. You should not have dogs on the loose ~ doesn't matter what breed. This does nothing to help the Pitbulls image. If you care for the breed, handle them correctly.

Courtney

I can't even stand to look at this, because that dog looks exactly like my dog except that she has her ears up. OMG....I couldn't even imagine losing her.

TT

What else can you expect from these ghetto black trash freaks. Those pitbulls should be put down immediately and this animal should pay this lady for major damages.

J M Arnet

ROSS IS THE ANIMAL, HE SHOULD GO TO PRISON

DC

Put Rick Ross down. He is s*** anyways. I have a Yorkie and I'd be in jail if I was in the owners shoes. I'd first shoot the Pits and take care of the s***bag after. After all who would miss him?