'Starship Troopers' Actor

I Don't Want to Die

6/29/2011 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Starship Troopers" actor Jake Busey has completed his stint in rehab -- telling TMZ he's motivated to stay sober because, "The doctors told me I would DIE if I drank again."

062911_gary_busey_v2_video

Jake -- Gary Busey's son -- was outside a Starbucks in Santa Monica, where he told us about the 21 "awesome" days he spent at a rehab facility ... and revealed that he's been sober for 42 days!

Busey said he used to throw down 12 beers a day -- but he's optimistic about his sober future because, "I figure if my dad could do it, if Charlie [Sheen] could do it ... I could do it. Hell yeah, it feels good!"

ginny

drinking charbucks would drive anyone back to drinking even rat poison!!

Bleh!

OMG-this guy is a hoot! Nutty funny just like his dad. I know Gary is C R A Z Y-but in films, he's awesome! Nuts as Gary is, he can steal a scene in two seconds. Absolutely fascinating and hilarious. As much as I dislike Charlie Sheen, he's the same way. These guys are train wrecks in their real lives, but on screen, they do rule. Got that psycho charisma.

Straight Talkin Texan

He's got a good attitude. I wish him well.

Chad

I am 38 years old and i drank 12 to 15 beers a day for 3 years straight.My doctor told me i would die if i kept it up.I went from 200 lbs to 311 lbs. When i quit drinking cold turkey 2 years ago I lost 68 pounds.I have a drink maybe once a year.Moderation is key.It can get out of control easily.Jake,keep it up!

The Wraith

Who? Who cares. Busey has a child? Who,again? Why,I am confused as to why anyone would care about this person.

Michelle

Good for him. Staying sober is so difficult. I really hope he can do it. And if Charlie Sheen is a role model for him to stay on the right track, odd, but then again he's a Busey!

Sandra

Wish him luck but suggest the apple does not fall far from the tree!! Just look at his dad!!

MissAnn

He's not gonna die. That's rehab propaganda to get you to stay with the cult of AA. Everyone feels great and believes they have a new life fresh out of rehab. We'll see again in 4 months when he realizes AA is a crock of doodoo and does nothing to help ANYONE stay clean or sober. It's called self control and that can be developed very quickly on your own when you want it bad enough.

addy

Well, I guess he has a good incentive not to drink again. Sucks to be him, though. If a drink will kill him, he'll have to watch the medicines he takes, too. A couple Tylenol and it's all over for him?

pap rat

Throw it down where the tolletia beer has like 1% booze he should have moved on to pints and pills pot and injections before rehab he would have saved lots of money.He was going to die? from waterpooping? same as his daddy nuitska

pap rat

mere basical logics would prove that he is lieing due to his body mass and hydro states.Wereas 12 beers would mean over 1200-140 cals perday everyday plus any food intacts would place his body mass index much heavyer and he would be haveing some bloating and siade affects of waterlogging.It would`nt be possible at his body mass index tables.Steve MCqueen was said to have at one time lived on 24 beers aday and his body mass tables and weight mass showed it as he was around 350 pounds at 5foot8 and did a movie in that state TMZ waht is the name of that movie? it was held back due to subject matter as no one would screen it and he later went on to loose all that weight plus as he died shorty after.BS story telling means no movie gigs droopy troopy poopy poopy poopy

Tasos

"Gary Busey's son"...the stressor, which caused Jake's drinking.

Anyone in Jake Busey's place, would want to drink any time he or she remembered his or her father's identity.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2