Maria Shriver

Files for Divorce

7/1/2011 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Maria Shriver has pulled the trigger on her marriage ... she just filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger ... and we've learned, there is NO PRENUP.

Maria Shriver Divorce
In the divorce petition, obtained by TMZ, Shriver cites "irreconcilable differences" as her reason for ending the 25-year marriage.

Shriver is asking for spousal support and wants the judge to deny Arnold the right to ask for support for himself-- though it's highly unlikely he would.

Shriver is asking for joint custody of their minor children, who she names in the document as 17-year-old "Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger" and 13-year-old "Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger."

And, in the petition, filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Shriver is asking Arnold to pay the attorneys' fees of both parties.

As for the date Arnold and Maria separated ... it isn't specified in the divorce papers.

According to the docs, the property accumulated during the marriage will be divided at a later date.  And, sources tell TMZ, there is no prenup, so all of Arnold and Maria's earnings over the past quarter century will be divided 50/50.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ...  Arnold and Maria are on speaking terms and Arnold knew beforehand that she was filing divorce papers. Maria is telling friends she hopes this will be an easy and amicable divorce.

0701_arnold_maria_split_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

Arnold lost his family, money and reputation for a roll in the hay. Why not just take a cold shower. I thought he was smart, but I guess he is dumb after all. Was it worth it? NO! He's been ERASED ! ! ! !

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Good luck for the people who work it out with a cheater. I for one think I am worth more than that and deserve only the best.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Googie Googie

Asta la vista Arnold. Get him where it hurts, his money.

Barbarascy Barbarascy

I'm actually sad to see them divorcing. But some things just can't be fixed. I'd say this is one of them.

jpierce26 jpierce26

can't help but being blunt....good for her he is a D-bag. The worst kind.

MIKE MIKE

GOOD! I Hope she takes the pig to the cleaners!

Paul Paul

Who's the "Terminator" now?

Superman Superman

Kinda sad. He pretty much came out of nowhere and practically begged her to marry him. Then after they marry, he cheats on her for decades with many women. Greedy sc*mbag forgot to count his blessings. Same story, different rich guy.

Skyseeker1

Wow! What is next for Maria? As the late F. Fawcett once said when asked by D. Letterman if there was anyone special in her life at the time; her literal reply was was without exaggeration ... " No. But the possibilities are limitless.."

TIM

I guess Maria can now say "considda dis a dee-vorse"... The Kennedy clan is cursed with extra-marital affairs, male or female... Ahhnold, you suck, go home.

ga

Reading all comment! Please get real people!! Arnold human being also just like you, We are not ferpect, you gonna make mistake some time, This is unforgeving mistake Arnord he make, still he is my hero, who knows he might have reason to cheat!!

Ga

BFD

Who cares?

BFD

Who cares.

Rita

Maria will be fine!

jbsasktheape222

What happened to her?, the years have not been kind to her.
She was a beautiful woman, no wonder why he started sleeping around.

Ruth

Finally a strong Kennedy woman

not willing to stand by their man.

I don't understand women to stay with

men like this. Have they no pride!!

minniehaha

11th Commandment due to A.S.:
"Thou shalt not share thy rod with thy staff!"

jm

The money, itself, is a different and artificial issue altogether. What is important, here, is the character of the divorce proceedings, and in this high profile case, Mr. Schwarzenegger. How many of you married women have had to make a choice due to the infidelity of your husband and remained faithful due to faith, the children, your own deep love and commitment to your husband and the hope that maybe marriage counselling can save your marriage? I think that this case with Maria takes into consideration all three of these feelings and situations.

If Maria does not take support from her extravagently wealthy husband, THIS SETS A PRECEDENT THAT WILL HAUNT THE DIVORCES OF MANY, MANY WORKING OR NON-WORKING WOMEN ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE, AND AS A PRECEDENT IS SET, HUSBANDS WILL BE A LOT LESS INTERESTED IN THE MAINTENANCE OF THEIR JOINT RESPONSIBILITY TO THAT FAMILY AND WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM ALL, IN COMMON, AND THE TRAGEDY OF MORE AND MORE BROKEN FAMILIES (WHICH IS AN EMOTIONAL TRAGEDY, M.A. EMOTIONAL DISORDERS) RESULT. IT MATTERS NOT THAT THEY BOTH HAVE MONEY, BUT THAT ARNOLD HAS MADE A SIDE ORDER OF COLLECTING "OTHER WOMEN" AND THAT IS MORALLY WRONG AND HAS "KILLED" THE SANCTITY OF HIS MARRIAGE. BOTH IN FAITH AND IN LAW, FIDELITY IN MARRIAGE IS THE ONLY CHOICE. MARIA DID NOTHING WRONG THAT I HAVE READ BUT STAND BY AND HOPE IT WOULD GO AWAY LIKE THE MEASELS, AND GO BACK TO THEIR HAPPY MARRIAGE, AND AS SUCH, SHE HAS RIDDEN A ROLLER COASTER MARRIAGE FOR HER CHILDREN, A VERY PAINFUL EXPERIENCE, I HAVE ALSO HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO KNOW, WHERE YOU KEEP TELLING YOURSELF, "ITS GOING TO GET BETTER, HE WOULDN'T HURT THE CHILDREN, THIS TIME HE REALLY MEANS IT."

AND JIM S, WELL, I KNOW THAT THERE ARE MILLIONS OF CHRISTIANS WHO DON'T PRACTICE CHRISTIANITY AND HAVE FORGOTTON WHO'S JOB IT IS TO JUDGE OUR FELLOW HUMANS, AND A LOT OF OUR FELLOW HUMANS THINK IT IS THEIR JOB TO CONDEMN OTHERS, BUT THE THING IS YOU CANNOT BE A PRACTICING CHRISTIAN AND JUDGE OTHERS, TOO. WELL, THAT'S MY TAKE ON THE FAITH; OUR JOB AS I READ IT IS TO FORGIVE, YOU AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, AND WELCOME BACK INTO THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY, AND YOU LEAVE THE JUDGING TO OUR LORD AND GOD, JESUS, AND I'LL BET HE'S ALREADY FORGIVEN ARNOLD AND YOU, TOO. WHAT ELSE IS OUR JOB...PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FORGOTTEN THE GREATNESS OF LOVE OF FAMILY THEY WOULD RISK IT FOR A TRYST WITH ANOTHER WOMAN...REMEMBER HE HAS LOST HIS DEEPEST LOVE FOR HIS FAMILY AND TRUST OF HIMSELF, AND ITS GOING TO BE THE LONGEST ROAD BACK HE EVER WALKED, IF HE WANTS SALVATION. SO, JIM, PRAY, AND ASK GOD FOR HUMILITY THAT YOU NEVER WASTE THE TIME ON EARTH THE LORD GAVE YOU ON JUDGING OTHERS.

As I have said, it matters not who has the most money, that is totally aside from the faith and morality and the law here. If Arnold is given a shield because she has a good job, what about the next guy who doesn't make as much money as Arnold and his wife, well she works but doesn't make as much money as Maria, and down, and down until the kids get no child support, THAT IS THE PRECEDENT WE ARE SETTING HERE IF SHE DOES NOT GET ALIMONY AND CHILD SUPPORT, AND IS THAT A ROAD WE WANT TO GO DOWN?

LOOK WHERE EQUALITY HAS GOTTEN WOMEN, NOW WE CAN'T HAVE ABORTIONS AT ALL, WE'RE MAKING FROM $0.78 TO $0.76 LESS AN HOUR THAN MEN, AND MICHELLE BACHMAN HAS ALL THEIR SUPPORT BECAUSE SHE PLANS ON CUTTING EVEN MORE RIGHTS FOR WOMEN, AND THAT'S THE ONLY REASON WHY SHE'S EVEN ON THE REPUBLICAN BALLOT BECAUSE THEY KNOW SHE WILL PLAY THEIR TUNE, AND SELL OUT HER GENDER AT EVERY REQUEST. SHE MAY CALL HER SELF A PATRIOT BUT SHE'S WEARING THE WRONG COLORS. AND HER AFFILIATION WITH THE TEA PARTY IS FOOLISH, SHE DOESN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GREAT SYMBOLISM OF THE BOSTON TEA PARTY (gees, the further away I get from Boston, from which I came, the more, mostly uneducated Republicans I find that don't know exactly how stupid "The Tea Party Movement" is, they are so opposite the appreciation of the historical "Boston Tea Party" and Equality and the Freedom of life, liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, which is great if you are on the rich and wealthy side hiding your wealth in those offshore tax evation FELONY accounts, in addition to the 70% tax cut we, not Santa Clause, not the Supreme Court, not the Dow, WE are paying for and giving them and then they don't even want to pay taxes on it (my husband keeps telling me not to play in contests because we cannot afford the taxes on the prizes, and ever since Bush Jr. cut the funding for our program which was mandated by PL 504, and all 29 of us (he is in another department) were cut from the college and we know our jobs are not coming back and you know how many managers at Publix, or other grocery stores are just so excited to hire some professor as a cashier or stocking clerk, Toyz'R Us, 7-11's, banks, Sears, Khols, and the public sshool system so far has laid off 45% of their teachers and their jobs are not coming back either, you know what most of them say, so your last job was a professor, and before that a teacher and before that graduate school Teacher's Assistant, so what job did you say you were applying for?" "Cashier, but as you can see, I'm a very quick study and very professional and dependable." "Is this some joke? Did Gary set you up? Oh, that Gary!!!" "Sir, I don't know any Gary, but is he looking for an employee?" "Are you serious?" "Yes, sir, quite serious." "OK, then, why don't you leave me a copy of your resume, references, whatever you all professors do for jobhunting, and after the ad ends on Friday I'll look at them all and get back to you if you're the lucky one, OK."

Well, Jim, just maybe in that heart of yours you might understand why in Christianity there is the value of "Original Sin...it makes us all born equal, born equal and at the sincere and deep request of Christ forgiveness and back again to the state of original sin, the value of humanity that the Lord gave us so that we are all equal at the request of Christ, which is why God made Jesus both man to suffer the greatest pains of humanity that he knows all the depth of pain of the suffering individual, to understand what there is to know about the pain and suffering of the human heart and to forgive man as man/God that the his following may discover the feeling of a renewal of heart at the asking from Jesus for forgiveness, and for help with man's difficulties with the challenges in life. And to remind us that our greatest duty on earth is to perform the duty of love in all ways, and HE didn't qualify love, HE just said love, so you love in your way, and he loves in his way, she love in her way and HE LOVES IN HIS WAY, and I don't think you can love the wrong way.

Have a Blessed day, Jim,

Love, Jeanne

Tom

If I were married to that I would be looking for a roll in the hay somewhere else ! Boy is she UGLY!

Marl

Yes, she deserves "spousal support"...remember that she gave up her own career to support him in his political campaign and time spent as gov. of Calif. She had to do this because her continuing in her career role in the media would have been a conflict of interests to his political career. He owes her. She will never recoup her own career money back. She may have given her support to him in good will, but he stupidly took advantage o*****ood thing.

Tom

BFD I'm with you ! Who cares !

jm

The money, itself, is a different and artificial issue altogether. What is important, here, is the character of the divorce proceedings, and in this high profile case, Mr. Schwarzenegger. How many of you married women have had to make a choice due to the infidelity of your husband and remained faithful due to faith, the children, your own deep love and commitment to your husband and the hope that maybe marriage counseling can save your marriage? I think that this case with Maria takes into consideration all three of these feelings and situations. (I do want to mention that I had a marriage of 13 years with just one child, because he felt it would cause him to be "stuck" with me, but I did squeeze one child, my only child out of him, and after all of 13 years, but he no longer wanted to be stuck with me, and the judge granted me the lowest child support my lawyer said he ever heard of and this is what happens when your architect husband comes home sometimes at 11 or 12 and says he's been at the office and doesn't answer the phone after 5 and his and his wife is a secretary.
If Maria does not take support from her extravagantly wealthy husband, THIS SETS A PRECEDENT THAT WILL HAUNT THE DIVORCES OF MANY, MANY WORKING OR NON-WORKING WOMEN ALL THE WAY DOWN THE LINE, AND AS A PRECEDENT IS SET, HUSBANDS WILL BE A LOT LESS INTERESTED IN THE MAINTENANCE OF THEIR JOINT RESPONSIBILITY TO THAT FAMILY AND WHAT IS BEST FOR THEM ALL, IN COMMON, AND THE TRAGEDY OF MORE AND MORE BROKEN FAMILIES (WHICH IS AN EMOTIONAL TRAGEDY, M.A. EMOTIONAL DISORDERS) RESULT. IT MATTERS NOT THAT THEY BOTH HAVE MONEY, BUT THAT ARNOLD HAS MADE A SIDE ORDER OF COLLECTING "OTHER WOMEN" AND THAT IS MORALLY WRONG AND HAS "KILLED" THE SANCTITY OF HIS MARRIAGE. BOTH IN FAITH AND IN LAW, FIDELITY IN MARRIAGE IS THE ONLY CHOICE. MARIA DID NOTHING WRONG THAT I HAVE READ BUT STAND BY AND HOPE IT WOULD GO AWAY LIKE THE MEASELS, AND GO BACK TO THEIR HAPPY MARRIAGE, AND AS [what's this]
LOOK WHERE EQUALITY HAS GOTTEN WOMEN, NOW WE CAN'T HAVE ABORTIONS AT ALL, WE'RE MAKING FROM $0.78 DOWN TO $0.76 LESS AN HOUR THAN MEN, AND MICHELLE BACHMAN HAS ALL THEIR SUPPORT BECAUSE SHE PLANS ON CUTTING EVEN MORE RIGHTS FOR WOMEN, AND THAT'S THE ONLY REASON WHY SHE'S EVEN ON THE REPUBLICAN BALLOT BECAUSE THEY KNOW SHE WILL PLAY THEIR TUNE, AND SELL OUT HER GENDER AT EVERY REQUEST. SHE MAY CALL HER SELF A PATRIOT BUT SHE'S WEARING THE WRONG COLORS. AND HER AFFILIATION WITH THE TEA PARTY IS FOOLISH, SHE DOESN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE GREAT SYMBOLISM OF THE BOSTON TEA PARTY (gees, the further away I get from Boston, from which I came, the more, mostly uneducated Republicans I find that don't know exactly how stupid "The Tea Party Movement" is, they are so opposite the appreciation of the historical "Boston Tea Party" and Equality and the Freedom of life, liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, which is great if you are on the rich and wealthy side hiding your wealth in those offshore tax evasion FELONY accounts, in addition to the 70% tax cut we, not Santa Clause, not the Supreme Court, not the Dow, WE are paying for and giving them and then they don't even want to pay taxes on it (my husband keeps telling me not to play in contests because we cannot afford the taxes on the prizes, and ever since Bush Jr. cut the funding for our program which was mandated by PL 504, and all 29 of us (he is in another department) were cut from the college and we know our jobs are not coming back and you know how many managers at Publix, or other grocery stores are just so excited to hire some professor as a cashier or stocking clerk, Toyz'R Us, 7-11's, banks, Sears, Kohl's, and the public school system so far has laid off 45% of their teachers and their jobs are not coming back either, you know what most of them say, so your last job was a professor, and before that a teacher and before that graduate school Teacher's Assistant, so what job did you say you were applying for?" "Cashier, but as you can see, I'm a very quick study and very professional and dependable." "Is this some joke? Did Gary set you up? Oh, that Gary!!!" "Sir, I don't know any Gary, but is he looking for an employee?" "Are you serious?" "Yes, sir, quite serious." "OK, then, why don't you leave me a copy of your resume, references, whatever you all professors do for job hunting, and after the ad ends on Friday I'll look at them all and get back to you if you're the lucky one, OK."
Have a Blessed day, Jim,
Love, Jeanne

notsofast

all this talk about the kennedys wealth,class etc. hell there a bunch of whiskey runners hooked to the mob. as for her the best she could do is marry some muscle head geek that couldn't speak english,typical kennedy class,low class no class with money that's all. shes pissed because the Gardner said no to her ugly bag of bones. sick people find sick people,they stayed in this relationship for 25 years they both got something out of it to feed there sick minds.rather sleep with porcupine than sleep a lone. whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments