Maria Shriver

Files for Divorce

7/1/2011 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Maria Shriver has pulled the trigger on her marriage ... she just filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger ... and we've learned, there is NO PRENUP.

Maria Shriver Divorce
In the divorce petition, obtained by TMZ, Shriver cites "irreconcilable differences" as her reason for ending the 25-year marriage.

Shriver is asking for spousal support and wants the judge to deny Arnold the right to ask for support for himself-- though it's highly unlikely he would.

Shriver is asking for joint custody of their minor children, who she names in the document as 17-year-old "Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger" and 13-year-old "Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger."

And, in the petition, filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Shriver is asking Arnold to pay the attorneys' fees of both parties.

As for the date Arnold and Maria separated ... it isn't specified in the divorce papers.

According to the docs, the property accumulated during the marriage will be divided at a later date.  And, sources tell TMZ, there is no prenup, so all of Arnold and Maria's earnings over the past quarter century will be divided 50/50.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ...  Arnold and Maria are on speaking terms and Arnold knew beforehand that she was filing divorce papers. Maria is telling friends she hopes this will be an easy and amicable divorce.

0701_arnold_maria_split_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

Arnold lost his family, money and reputation for a roll in the hay. Why not just take a cold shower. I thought he was smart, but I guess he is dumb after all. Was it worth it? NO! He's been ERASED ! ! ! !

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Good luck for the people who work it out with a cheater. I for one think I am worth more than that and deserve only the best.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Googie Googie

Asta la vista Arnold. Get him where it hurts, his money.

Barbarascy Barbarascy

I'm actually sad to see them divorcing. But some things just can't be fixed. I'd say this is one of them.

jpierce26 jpierce26

can't help but being blunt....good for her he is a D-bag. The worst kind.

MIKE MIKE

GOOD! I Hope she takes the pig to the cleaners!

Paul Paul

Who's the "Terminator" now?

Superman Superman

Kinda sad. He pretty much came out of nowhere and practically begged her to marry him. Then after they marry, he cheats on her for decades with many women. Greedy sc*mbag forgot to count his blessings. Same story, different rich guy.

SERIALMOM444

25 years to be married. to find that he has a son with someone else (the kid is 12 years old). Just finding after 13 years. So way take a divoce or try to make the married last? Is there more infor between the married ones?

RICH

ITS SAD TO SEE A FAMILY SPLIT UP AFTER SO MANY YEARS TOGETHER,I FEEL FOR THE KIDS AND WHAT THEY HAVE TO PUT UP WITH AND FACE EVERY DAY,NOW THAT THE MOM AND DAD HAVE SPLIT

Takit

A pig is still a pig no matter how you dress him up. Good going Maria, get rid of the foul smell.

Woods

Sad, he has no decent character, he is a fake and a dirty guy.
so many of these types exist. They have no concern about
the damage and suffering people that they leave behind. They have no clue what a real marriage is composed of. They are to high on themselves. UGH.

S.Schock

I was NEVER an Arnold fan and thought she could have done much better then him.Enjoy your wonderful new life Maria.And good Luck..

Cheri

T-E-R-M-I-N-A-T-E-D.....

Ricard Tansey

I see a person that is in bad shape,stress, the devorce,shame. Welcome to the world,but your not going to acheive any thing dead, ive seen this before and stress makes anorexia devilope. Steve Wonder could see that,Maria show the people you can and will endure.I know heart ache suck's, but death suck's more.Prove your persona is stronger then all this,we know you can pull though.But you have to know it. TAKE CARE KID

SC Gal

Come on, Arnie..... the maid for God's sake? Really? What a dumb POS. You don't deserve Maria or a second chance.

OnTheRun

The Terminator is terminated! I'm sure Arnie was glad to get rid of that old hag so he can get some hot, young babe to lift his weights with. He just has to be careful his heart doesn't give out.

Dawn E. Croshaw

So what else is new? Divorcing him is not punishing him. Maybe she doesn't want to. If it were me I'd hang on to him just for spite & go my merry way doing as I please just like he did!!!!!! Nothing changes, just the faces.

Reven

I don't think anyone could get passed the lies and deceit. Many times a woman can forgive an affair to keep the family together. But his deceit. The woman continued to work in her house. You can't rationalize that. I hope her and the children can get passed this. Hope she finds true love and a happy ever after.

theresa

omg what was he thinging of and lets face it there is no name for the women that worked of them who thought she could just jump in their marriage bed. the whole thing is beyond my world.
Maria does not deserve this. really who does!!!!!!!

Taritari

Funny, this is the man who as the governor, had "Tookie Williams" life ended when he sought clemency and he could have just allowed him to live, because he had or was learning from his mistakes by writing childrens' books.

A.S. is no longer governor.

He is not God. Even if someone's life was taken, we still do not have the right to decide death. We are not God either.

We have to forgive.

Love is just that love.

Veronica

If have a power they should have a law and put the whore women who ruin a Family life.
Not only there children get ruin and depress for life so that wife. The Wife have work twice harder and pretend to be strong so she could pick up the pieces to make thing better for her kids.that why there so manny divorce women,gay who need more love from there parent,rape they think its ok because parent having sex to someone else not there mom or dad with someone who know he or she already married with a children . kids is ruin because one parent cheat.I REALLY THINK THAT WOMAN WHO RUIN A MARRIED WITH A CHILDREN SHOULD GO TO JAIL OR PAY SOME OF THE DAMAGES THEY DONE TO THE WIFE AND TO THE CHILDREN I SAY THEY SHOULD GO JAIL MEANING(THE WHORE)THEY SAID IT TAKE TWO TO MAKE MISTAKE AND THE MISTRESS SHOULD PAY TO.IF God have a law for the cheater its adultry.Then we should have justice for Husband cheater and to the Women who ruin his family life.that why our society have no more moral,respect. Because parent show bad samples for our kids.

, .

Rose Gailah

Man are like a dog.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments