Maria Shriver

Files for Divorce

7/1/2011 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Maria Shriver has pulled the trigger on her marriage ... she just filed for divorce from Arnold Schwarzenegger ... and we've learned, there is NO PRENUP.

Maria Shriver Divorce
In the divorce petition, obtained by TMZ, Shriver cites "irreconcilable differences" as her reason for ending the 25-year marriage.

Shriver is asking for spousal support and wants the judge to deny Arnold the right to ask for support for himself-- though it's highly unlikely he would.

Shriver is asking for joint custody of their minor children, who she names in the document as 17-year-old "Patrick Arnold Shriver Schwarzenegger" and 13-year-old "Christopher Sargent Shriver Schwarzenegger."

And, in the petition, filed by disso-queen Laura Wasser, Shriver is asking Arnold to pay the attorneys' fees of both parties.

As for the date Arnold and Maria separated ... it isn't specified in the divorce papers.

According to the docs, the property accumulated during the marriage will be divided at a later date.  And, sources tell TMZ, there is no prenup, so all of Arnold and Maria's earnings over the past quarter century will be divided 50/50.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ ...  Arnold and Maria are on speaking terms and Arnold knew beforehand that she was filing divorce papers. Maria is telling friends she hopes this will be an easy and amicable divorce.

0701_arnold_maria_split_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

Arnold lost his family, money and reputation for a roll in the hay. Why not just take a cold shower. I thought he was smart, but I guess he is dumb after all. Was it worth it? NO! He's been ERASED ! ! ! !

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Good luck for the people who work it out with a cheater. I for one think I am worth more than that and deserve only the best.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Poncha Poncha

SandyLester SandyLester

Huh? I thought Kennedys didn't care about infidelity.

kar kar

Googie Googie

Asta la vista Arnold. Get him where it hurts, his money.

Barbarascy Barbarascy

I'm actually sad to see them divorcing. But some things just can't be fixed. I'd say this is one of them.

jpierce26 jpierce26

can't help but being blunt....good for her he is a D-bag. The worst kind.

MIKE MIKE

GOOD! I Hope she takes the pig to the cleaners!

Paul Paul

Who's the "Terminator" now?

Superman Superman

Kinda sad. He pretty much came out of nowhere and practically begged her to marry him. Then after they marry, he cheats on her for decades with many women. Greedy sc*mbag forgot to count his blessings. Same story, different rich guy.

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36

tina

He was running the stste like his marriage.......He is a pig that will get what is coming to him and Maria how dumb that she didn't know what was going on in her own home or did she?

GORDO

SURELY MARIA LIVING WITHIN THE KENNEDY CLAN ALL THESE YEARS THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR WAS COMMONPLACE WITHIN THE KENNEDY CLAN. TED KENNEDY AND THE ENTIRE KENNEDY CLAN HAD VERY LITTLE MORALS. FROM CHARGES OF RAPE TO PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS AND CONSTANTLY WOMANIZING WERE ALMOST DAILY HEADLINES. NO THIS DOES NOT EXCUSE ARNOLDS BEHAVIOR WHICH IS REPREHENSIBLE BUT IT IS NOT SHOCKING TO ANYONE JUST DISGUSTING

Francesca

Shake that piggy's bank. Arnold the most humiliating thing is how ugly your mistress is. U know that's what u r embarrassed about. He is just upset everyone died laughing at the Rosario look alike. ( will &grace sow) Pigs lie in the mud with other pigs &make baby piglets.

Tonya

Arnold is TRIFLING and WEAK, and if Maria would have given birth to Jose the gardeners baby it would have been a major disturbance in the world.

buck

Thats 1 ugly woman to me she looks like a scarecrow no wonder he went looking sumwhere else

MZAMI

I wish they reconcile.

susan

I really don't care who cheated on who. We've been hearing about it with the Kennedy's for years (always with the men). There are always two sides to every story. We don't know the whole story of what happened in that house and why Arnold did what he did. There must have been some sadness and loneliness somewhere. I, for one, will be praying for them both to move on with their lives and find peace for their family. Their kids deserve that.

Tonya

Arnold is TRIFLING and WEAK, if one of the children Maria had given birth to Jose the gardeners it would be major disturbance in the world.

vaughn

YOU GO GIRL, I KNOW IT MUST HURT TO BE IN THIS SITUATION. BUT YOU MUST DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! If you leave him with a shirt it is more than he deserves. He should have thought of what was at stake when he stepped out of the marriage. The money, property and material gain is a small compensation to the hurt and betrayal felt by (family) all who trusted him. He screwed you and the kids (gave them a sibling)to bear witness to this. In time you all will be just fine, but for now, I SAY TO HELL WITH HIM!!

Tundraman

moody

Come ON Maria, Arnold was dealing with the MAID for TEN YEARS HAD A CHILD and YOU did not know that they were GETTING IT ON,UP UNDER YOUR NOSE, IN YOUR HOME?Well MISSY YOU WERE NOT PAYING YOUR HUSBAND ANY ATTENTION,THIS IS ALMOST UNHEARD OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36