« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

Hurls Homophobic Slur

At Fan

7/5/2011 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.
070411_cm_punk_still

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

UPDATE 2: CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

La La

lmao this was funny "you have a vagina, you have a vagina". but cm punk should have been professional, but i guess after his rant on monday night raw , the emotions are still there..and that mustache makes him look older. shave it off!

bored

I LOVE CM PUNK!! HE DOES NO WRONG, He plays the bad guy very well.

Yoda

This is so stupid, if the ******* don't like it, then get back in the closet. You stinking perverts.

GLAAD Hater

TMZ & GLAAD, let me be as PC as I can be, go screw yourselves. literally! {ssthew} That's me spitting on you both.

blaze

Exact dialog from Punk:

"Sit down before you get hurt."

"I guess you're right. I only pick on women. That's why I’m picking on you two jerks right now. You have a vagina! You have a vagina!!"

"Nice Faux-Hawk you homo."

That's classic mark pwnage. Totally got his own words used against him in the most entertning way I have ever seen since "Invisible Microphone".

axlslashgnr88

WHO GIVES A FLYING ****.....I love wrestling and I'm sure someone will come with a "wrestlings fake" take... but why do we care ..... ?... it's a comment ... and on top of that .. the gay community is just trying to clamp their jaws on every stunt they can ... if it's on camera then it tastes good!

ANDY

enough is enough already. as someone on here has already said he was doing his job. the bad guy is supposed to make people mad. that is what he gets paid to do. since when is it that every word that people say today seems to have a camera somewhere close by and apologies are mandantory. things are getting worse and seemingly there is no end. for those who are offended then stop watching gossip shows!!!!!!

Derrick

Its funny they don't post the entire video when he says he was doing his job as a heel TMZ edited the video

JDizzle

just get over it! bunch of cry babys.

oldgeez

"I own up to being a total douche..."

OMG...now he's offended douches....where is the Douche Alliance on this?

Tina

The term "homophobic" is over used. A phobia is a pathalogical fear. Its a medical condition. Just because you disagree with something does not make it a phobia. This PC crap is out of hand. Homo isn't even a slur...its an abreviation.

TheHOLETruth

Here we go again, TMZ getting bent out of shape because somebody used "homophopic" slurs. I see racist slurs and worst on this site EVERYDAY and crickets. Either STFU or practice what you whine about.

Dale

I'm really careful about what type of milk I buy because I don't want to offend anyone by choosing Homo.

Taylor Dadson

That's BS.. Gays called each other "Homo" and "******" all the time. What a double standard. He should not have apologized.

Rogue Warrior

What a joke GLAAD is!!! FACT! People in the real world don't know who they are and if they knew about this kind of crap, it would make people H8 even more than they do now! So now, homo is a slur? Really, go F yourselves!

TMZ is Gay, FACTOID!