« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

Hurls Homophobic Slur

At Fan

7/5/2011 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.
070411_cm_punk_still

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

UPDATE 2: CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

GARRYCOLEMANIRELAND

what a dumbness please just go back and lay lo some where you just ruined WWE for me

chicagannie

What an idiot. 80% of wrestling's fan base is probably gay men. Never bite the hand that feeds you, bro.

Jim

Here's his live journal supporting gay marriage. TMZ does it again. A character and the guy who plays him are two different people unless TMZ wants to report that Bradley Cooper was shot in Bangkok while attending a wedding with friends as fact and not just a scene from Hangover 2

Bix

While it was probably ill-advised for him to call a fan a "homo" while he knew he was on-camera:

- He is, in real life, heavily pro gay marriage.
- He's in character playing a bad guy.
- Some other fans at ringside have claimed that fan he's yelling at got his attention by yelling "******!" and "CM PUNK SUCKS ****!" This would indicate that he was calling the fan a "homo" because he knew the fan was a homophobe and it would set him off.
- TMZ edited out the aftermath.

HeyItsIrish

Wow! Such big news! A heel is being mean! OMG! God, give it a break. It's like everyone calling something they dont like "gay". It's that thing now. Even so, if you're going to bash the guy, atleast KNOW the guy. He is someone who is strongly against people teasting others because of their sexuality. And I quote "“Marriage is a totally out dated concept. Gay, straight, whatever. The fact that there’s a bunch of ***** out there that have an OPINION on somebody elses lifestyle and don’t want them to have the same basic human rights everybody else has makes me want to clobber some rebublicans. **** the religious moral majority, let whoever wants to marry whoever, get the **** married. I love the moral high horse hypocrisy bull****. I know super religious pricks do tons of steroids, but a homosexual life style to them is reprehensible. **** that.” -A direct quote from CM Punk

Deftera

What part of "I'm in full 'What they gonna do? Fire me?'-mode" do you people not get?

Powder

Straight, gay whatever, dudes like CM Punk make fun of those for simply being the losers that they are, for example those two guy I'm sure aggrivated him some way, and he just stated the obvious, that they ought to have vaginas, nothing wrong with that, fact is fact. And as for "homo", it's now a new slang for loser, and it's moved away from being used for sexual preference. CM Punk is infact a supporter for GLAAD and Gay/lesbian rights, he's just picking fun at posers with corny haircuts. Plus his character is also billed as a heel in entertainment, and I'm a HUGE mark for this dude, this guy is on fire pro-wrestling right now :)

cam

yo homo i heard worse than that in the argument and cm punk looks old

Standards

Carl

REALLY REALLY REALLY

CM Punk keeps his hair slick back like that because its the Sweat from Wrestling a match. if he didnt keep it slicked down it probly be all ratty and bushy tail. and for someone to like you to accuse someone just because he has his hair slicked back like some people do in gay pride parades automaticly make them a i wont say the slur personaly because its not right. and If you would check out CM Punk's history you would one know hes a Heel in wrestling that means a BAD GUY. hes taunting the Fans. 2 Hes Straight Edge. doesnt do any illegal Drugs. and 3 he had a bad habit of ******* every peice of female he can get. so that doesnt make him anywhere near being Gay. so as i started

REALLY

REALLY

REALLY

and you sir are Awful

wowow

Really, TMZ? You're going to cut out the aftermath of this clearly staged argument? I guess that's Journalism 101.

Michael Hayes

If I was still wrestling I would have no problem calling fans the n-word for cheap heat heck I'm more black than most of you!

The Neko Nation

Calm down all of you angry gays. Wrestling isn't real, it's fake. CM Punk is a heel and he is just drawing heat from the fans. Why are most of the gay people on here so hateful and many racist against African Americans.

Christy

This video is getting out of hand. For you people who don'*****ch wrestling, let me educate you for a minute.

CM Punk is a heel, heel means "bad guy". So, when a wrestler is a heel, he earns and wants negative reactions from the fans. CM Punk arguing with a fan is exactly what he wants. As a matter of fact, he loves it. So, while the fan thinks he said something to piss CM Punk off to point where he's arguing with him.... NOPE!

This happened at a house show. House shows are more personal between a wrestler and his or her fan. Arguments happen at house shows and the fan enjoys it as much as the fan does.

I promise you, the fan who argued with CM Punk will remember the altercation for the rest of his life. He'll talk about it with his grandchildren.

As far as the homophobic slur is.... it was not that at all. People are to sensitive these days. My gay friends don't take the word "homo" so personal as many others. CM Punk is a defender for the gay, lesbian and bi-sexual community. CM Punk was just having fun everyone.

P. Patterson

Oh dear, an actor uses homophobic slur during performance. What has this world come to.

Anthony

CM Punk on Twitter:

"I'm glad TMZ posted that video because everybody needs to be held accountable for their bulls***, me included. What I said was bulls***."