« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Star

Hurls Homophobic Slur

At Fan

7/5/2011 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

WWE bad guy CM Punk was caught on camera screaming "You homo!" at a fan during a verbal altercation in Australia today ... this as the WWE has said repeatedly they are trying to curb homophobic slurs.
070411_cm_punk_still

The wrestling organization works directly with GLAAD and even produced a series of anti-bullying commercials following incidents involving announcer Michael Cole and wrestler John Cena.

Calls to GLAAD were not returned.

UPDATE: A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE does not condone this type of language or bias and we reinforce that with our talent who are independent contractors."

UPDATE 2: CM apologized via Twitter, saying, "...I'm embarrassed. I own up to being a total douche in this situation and I offer a sincere apology to anybody I hurt with careless words."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jennifer

Jesus, let's jump all over this because Punk called someone a "homo".

Gsharon 710

Funny, Harvey allows the word ******** to be printed in large size print, but tell him anything about his biased unnatural relationships and pop goes the post. You are still nasty. Since I do know how to copy and paste, guess I'll have to do some around the web. Anybody cry about hurt feelings from a word and it's printed, no matter how stupid the complaint is. Again, most complete bad words are sensored, but just that once, that N word got spelled and printed so I know you allowed it. YOU STILL DON'T KNOW AND ENTRANCE FROM AN EXIT, but you do know how to stir up trouble for your kind...believe that. Getting people to apologize for words you do not have a copyright to must be a get off. NEVER would I say sorry. Here ya go, POS

Kara

The Neko Nation,

I must have hit a nerve with you because I am not gay by any means and I have a masters degree in education so that excludes me from beig a moron. And there is thing called freedom of speech that gives me the right to voice my opinion as well as yours but that doesn't mean you should personally attact someone that you don't even know. I personally think we as a Country are too sensitive and should grow thicker skin. CM Punk is a charater on a show making a performace but there are boundaries and there are children watching the show and being influenced. It's a PG rated show ...

michael

you guys are all losers. go and get a life, instead of arguing among yourselves who's right & who's wrong.......... there's more to lives than this. we hardly can make end needs over here. we don't even has internet in our home & the roof is leaking when it's raining. the point is this. let's make the most of what we already got, that's life itself. i watch all my wwe's wrestling on taping usually a month or so after it shown in the states. oh btw i'm using a my village's cafe & you're free to call me whatever names you like. this part where we live, we can take anything.

Muppet

This is becoming a weekly thing with someone throwing out slurs. Clearly people do not think before they speak when angry.
The problem with this being put out there every week is people will begin to tune out. It would be better to gather these stories and smack people in the face with them all at once to show how bad the slurs are in every sport!
TMZ don't desensitize people to this important issue by posting about it repeatedly week after week. There are alot of us out here that really do understand the uphill battle gay people face, but you're not helping them. People are starting to accept it(not sure if that's the right way to put it) instead of be shocked by it. You also have to recognise that there will always be stupid people that will say ignorant things, unfortunately there is no cure for stupid. So eventually homosexuals will have to learn to walk away from the ignorance and know that others realise who the jerks are. It's not the homosexuals but the uneducated fools.

The Neko Nation

@ Kara, You really are a moron. You have a masters in stupidity. It was a house show you idiot. It was not a televised event. You obviously are clueless. You really do need to go back to school and learn how to spell also. That would be being and character. Did your parents have any children that lived?

Elli

I TOOK THIS VIDEO! and they watermark it as their own? ******** ;) the original video is on my youtube account grrr

Kara

The Neko Nation

Are you a misogynist or just narcissistic or both. Of course it was a house show but it was taped (by someone in the audience) and released to the media or youtube or this wouldn't be a discussion. And excuse me for the TYPO... And what do you do for a living besides being a complete JACKASS!!!

The Neko Nation

@ Kara, OUCH what a stinging comeback! You know it was a house show now because i told you. You stated when children are watching the show there are boundaries and it is PG rated. That is on television you silly imbecile. House shows aren't rated. Do you know anything other than your own myopic stupidity? Obviously you think you are better than everyone else by proclaiming your superiority because you have a masters degree in education. It is scary to think you have some influence in education when you can't spell and have no clue on the subject of sports entertainment.

Rotten Puppets

That's what a fan gets when you screw with the bad guys at a wrestling event..

joecrabs

Oh my God!!!! He said HOMO!!!!! Demand an apology, ASAP!!!! How dare he say HOMO??!?!?! What is this world coming to when a person says HOMO!?!?!? I dont think I'll be able to sleep tonight because he said HOMO!!!

renato

love how tmz only kept the homo part but didnt show the art afterwards where he is clearly just messing with them this is what a heel does and those fans seemed to be having fun so why get all pissy about this? but hey thats tmz for ya always trying to make professional wrestling look like a low life artform thats only for rednecks and their children how about you guys post some videos of wwe greeting the troops or those kids in make a wish foundation i dont see youre douche camera men there

steve

Is this the new weekly thing, to out every person who uses a gay slur? Fight the real battle you idiots. Gays should fight for equality rights... to "not be offended" isn't a "right".

Kara

The Neko Nation,

Since the video is shown at a house event it isn't hard to figure out, I don't need any of your help. Are you implying that there were NO children in the audience? It's your ego that you blinds you and you think only your opinion is the only one that matters. I was a scholarship athlete in college and coached several sports as well as playing semi pro for years. I know my sports and grew up attending wresting matches in Tampa (AWA) so i'm no push over. I'm sorry that you have an inferiority complex by having a debate with someone that won't back down from your degrading comments. Your obviously intimidated by a woman with a brain. LET IT GO....

DM138

God, I miss the 80's. I miss people being able to call someone a name, and not have to apologize for it. I miss people having a backbone, and not go running to their mommies, because someone called them a "homo", or a "retard". People are such ******* anymore. Thank God I don't let anyone tell me what I can, or cannot, say. **** you all, you little *******.