MJ Estate

REVENGE Over

Famous Crank Call

7/4/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Michael Jackson estate has dropped the hammer on the man who famously crank called MJ in 2007 ... claiming he has NO RIGHT to sell the recording because it contains MJ's REAL voice.

0701_mj_prank_call_audio_launch_ex
The call was made by legendary prankster Ralphige -- who has fooled the likes of Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, and Chris Brown.

During the MJ call, Ralphige pretended to be Akon ... and he teased Michael about molesting children. MJ claimed Ralphige was NOT talking to the real Michael Jackson ... but merely an impersonator.

Now, the MJ Estate is acknowledging that the King of Pop REALLY WAS pranked -- because they've threatened to sue Ralphige for selling the recording on his website for 99 cents a pop ... without permission from MJ's camp.

The threat worked -- because Ralphige's site is down ... but the prankster sees a silver lining ... telling us, "The letter, if anything, it at least proves to the doubters that the prank call is real."

He adds, "I am afraid the estate is not aware Michael personally gave me permission to release the phone call. This is something that I am sure will be discussed in the near future."

Daphne

=) 3 minutes ago

Very nice song/video. Thanks.

wow

I listened to the whole tape and Ralphige sounds like a total idiot but Michael's voice is warm, friendly, enthusiastic and loving. He also handled himself well in that situation. If anything, it does give insight into the real MJ.

nadia

MJ'S A GREAT PRANKSTER , MY KINDA GUY... THATS WHAT HE IS DOING NOW!! WATCH PEOPLE

nadia

MJ'S A PRANKSTER ... that my kinda man .... this SOUNDS LIKE MJ ALL THE WAY ...

mj's a great prankster and thats what he's DOING NOW !!...watch people :-)

=)

Daphne 11 minutes ago

_______________________________________________________
Thanks for your comment Daphne

me

MJ's ears are so good. He noticed immediately that Akon's voice seems to be changed....

EB

I can't imagine that Michael would have given this dirtbag permission to release the call. Michael was very very private.
I agree, why didn't he release it when Michael was alive if indeed he had been given permission rather wait till after his death. Nothing but a douche going for money from the estate!

mahermeiker

This is not Michael's real voice. His accent is off on certain words and he doesn't enunciate in this lazy way. It's a good attempt but it is not Michael. Let the Estate play their games.

Dimple

Mike so ******* cute in that audio!

moni

Maybe Michael has really given his permission. Actually, why shouldn't he? The way he handled this situation is just proof of his intelligence, charm, aplomb and sweet politeness.

I bet Ralphige had hoped for another kind of reaction. Something really embarrassing, like Michael losing it. Kudos Michael, you didn't do him the favor!

sylvanya

My sweet little OhWell, go to celebrate 4th of july, I think it is better for you, than to stay at home alone with your PC and your love for Michael Jackson. Think about your heart. Go have some fun ! Maybe you will find someone who will love you.

Sad sad

Was up since 07 http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/8/2/real-michael-jackson-prank-call-by-ralphige-342878

sc341

Sad-Thanks for posting, I know that was really MJ, I heard him use that voice before on a family home video from years ago. Yeah, that was him on that call.

Interesting to hear that!

moni

I'd like to know what Akon has to say about this faked telephone call. Guess he's not that much amused.

btw, if this is the best Ralphige has to offer then I must say: Yawn, yawn, yawn. What a lame prank.