Andrew Keegan

The Cops Were

UNFAIR

7/5/2011 9:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Andrew Keegan claims the ONLY reason he was manhandled by cops at his ill-fated house party Saturday is because they wanted to make an example out of him  ... even though he did nothing wrong.

0705_andrew_keegan_EX

The "10 Things I Hate About You" actor tells TMZ ... the event was more than a raging house party ... it was also a fundraiser for three charities ... adding, "The police chief knew about it ... I employed 5 off-duty officers."

Keegan says ... when cops approached his Marina del Rey home and asked him to turn down the music, he WAS cooperative ... even asking to speak to a sergeant "about how we can work together."

But, Keegan explains, [the sergeant] ordered 'arrest him' while my hands were in my pocket ... but they just wanted to make an example of their 'No Tolerance' Independence Day [policy].

True enough ... cops swarmed Marina del Rey and neighboring Venice, after a spike in violence, including one gang-related fatal shooting.

Keegan wasn't the only one who felt the pinch. Cops made a bunch of arrests over the long weekend ... some say to make a statement and reclaim the beach.

070511_keegan_video

Rogue Warrior

TMZ is more concerned with the use of homo than a clear power play by the police??? WTF, where's your head HL????

Harvey

You left the l out of violence. too late I saw it.

some guy

@RW

If you read the article closely you would understand that was not the case.

They were cracking down hard on the area b/c of gang activity.

Maybe if your brain wasn't so addled by drugs, you would understand that.

SSinOC

"Independence Day" fundraiser celebration in the new Amerika, police state. Oh the irony.

misty

Yesterdays article said he was let go then and never charged, so where was the example being made?

Dan Frederiksen

will they be prosecuted? or does the DA look the other way

writenow

Things haven't gotten much better since this expose on LAPD

some guy

@misty

The story mentioned how Keegan was visibly "shaken" by the experience. If that doesn't teach you a lesson i don't know what will.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

RIGHT HE DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG! BULL CHIT! COPS DONT GET THAT VIOLENT UNLESS THE IDIOT WAS ACTING UP.......I WOULD HAVE TASED YOPUR AZZ TOO IDIOT!

some guy

@TreeMile

So would you rather let the cops sit back and let out-of-town street trash take over your 'hood?

juggaloszuch

Oh BOO FRICKIN HOO....some G-list celebrity, using that term VERY VERY loosely, got tased...I'm willing to bet what the camera DOESN'T show is a "Do you know who I am?" mentality, and I'd laugh my ass off if a cop was to say, "No, nobody does, who ARE you? Andrew WHO? Just like I thought, hit the button!" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzap

some guy

You people seem to forget that it's the police that are keeping L.A. from turning into Riot Central.

There's going to be the occasional bad apple in the bunch; that's the way of life.

I mean, look at Hollywood if you want to find bad behavior.

NatTxn

There's more to this story, for sure. I have a feeling Andrew isn't telling us everything...he's not as innocent as he would like to appear. My husband's a police officer and you have to do quite a bit to get the taser button pulled. Why? Because there's ALOT of paperwork that comes with using a taser and what officer wants to do that??!!!?? Andrew was in the wrong.

johnrunion

the only thing the cops did wrong was not to arrest this scott baio clone/loser.

Northohio

"he WAS cooperative ... even asking to speak to a sergeant "about how we can work together."

Bull****. If the cops simply asked you to turn down the music, why would he ask to speak to a sergeant? My guess is he thinks he a big shot and didn't feel he should have to take orders from a lowly patrolman. Typical Hollywood puke.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments