Andrew Keegan Takedown Video

Taser Mystery

7/5/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained video of Andrew Keegan's crazy encounter with police Saturday -- which raises some interesting questions about whether cops tased Keegan during their encounter with him.

0704_andrew_keegan_video_ex
As TMZ first reported, Keegan was handcuffed and detained by police officers after he was "uncooperative" when cops asked Keegan to turn down his music.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they did not tase Keegan at any point, pointing out that if they had ... they would be required to take him to the hospital. But several witnesses to the encounter tell TMZ that Keegan got tased.

Here's where the video comes in to play ... at around the :45 and :54 marks, you can hear what sounds like a taser going off -- it's hard to make out for certain over Andrew's screams.

Watch the video and the judge for yourself.

When contacted for comment, Keegan gave us a very diplomatic response, which said in part, "I always cooperate with the authorities and am confused by the show of force."

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

What a S---head! I hate people who could care less about the peeps around them.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

And if they didn't Tase him, go back and his neighbors will hold him down. What a liar!

Good riddance!

Always gotta love the 'Don't Tase Me Bro' Hammertime remix!

MikeD

I'd be PISSED TO... at TMZ for Taking down the VIDEO... what happened TMZ... a few too many county prosecutor phone calls? Ya think !

Good riddance!

Yup, we'll never know if this would make a good remix, BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY GONE!

magmax

The cops look like a Village People tribute band.

some guy

What a ****.

@TMZ you really need to check your facts better if you keep publishing stories that contradict your older ones.

Who cares if that prick didn't go to the hospital. Don't think he broke anything. Did he swallow his tongue? Sounds doubtful. He wouldn't be talking like an ass if he did.

Everyones~A~Star

mmm i want to say everything about this is wrong but im scared if i do the S.S. is gonna show up and tazz my azz too...yall cops are some sick fugs.

Joe Friday

Some Taser models, particularly those used by police departments, also have a "Drive Stun" capability, where the Taser is held against the target without firing the projectiles, and is intended to cause pain without incapacitating the target. "Drive Stun" is "the process of using the EMD weapon [Taser] as a pain compliance technique. This is done by activating the EMD and placing it against an individual’s body. This can be done without an air cartridge in place or after an air cartridge has been deployed."

A Las Vegas police do***ent says "The Drive Stun causes significant localized pain in the area touched by the Taser, but does not have a significant effect on the central nervous system. The Drive Stun does not incapacitate a subject but may assist in taking a subject into custody."[23] "Drive Stun" was used in the UCLA Taser incident and the University of Florida Taser incident (which popularized the widespread use of the phrase "Don't tase me, bro!"). It is also known as "dry tasing", "contact tasing", or "drive tasing".

Amnesty International has expressed particular concern about Drive Stun, noting that "… the potential to use TASERs in drive-stun mode — where they are used as 'pain compliance' tools when individuals are already effectively in custody — and the capacity to inflict multiple and prolonged shocks, renders the weapons inherently open to abuse."

Superman

You took down the video already? P*ssies!

If he did get tasered, then I hope he sues. Police should not be abusing their authority EVER! Actually, I hope he sues the LAPD just because more than a dozen cops throws him down and handcuffs him, then they released him because he didn't commit a crime.

some guy

Maybe they're just sick of Hollywood celebs thinking they're above the law and wanted to teach this guy a lesson. Seemed pretty effective IMO.

some guy

I've heard that's what felons sound like in jail when they drop the soap.

MikeD

TMZ GET YOUR FRICKIN VIDEO FIXED.. OR REMOVE THE FRICKEN POST ! Don't be Dushes about it guys and gals !!!!

lala

Fkn celebrities! If a cop asked me (first of all theyed never have to ask me, because I'm not a loud obnoxious prk.) to turn down my music, id be shaking! I'd turn it down asap, and apologize. Celebs never get in trouble so they always fight with law enforcement, FYI normal people don't do that.

JimmyB

No chance was he tased. He would'a been on the ground and in extreme pain A LOT longer. He was standing there and just fine within 1 minute of being taken down for (apparently) resisting. His "discomfort" was due to being handcuffed...maybe justifiable.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments