« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobayashi INHALES 69 Hot Dogs -- The VIDEO!

7/5/2011 7:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Takeru Kobayashi DESTROYED 69 hot dogs in 10 minutes yesterday ... smashing his own world record in an UNOFFICIAL speed eating display ... and igniting a HUGE controversy in the process!070511_kobiyashi_v3_still

TMZ obtained footage of Kobayashi's UNBELIEVABLE feat ... which he accomplished on a Manhattan rooftop ... miles from the OFFICIAL Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Championship at Coney Island. TK wasn't allowed to compete at the Coney Island eat-off because he wouldn't sign a contract with Major League Eating.

So, in protest ... Kobayashi did his own thing. Of course, Joey Chestnut won the Nathan's title with 62 dogs ... but Kobayashi put down 69!!!!!!

Chestnut later remarked, "It wasn't a competition ... It was no different than what I do at practice on my own and I'm able to break a record at my house."

So, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wasted days and wasted nights

Really, this is a nasty 'competition.' Enjoy a dog, some chips, and a soda--and leave it at that.

Kiko

Regardless of who actually won, this still holds the record for the World's Stupidest Competition.

Rocco

I can't even watch this garbage.

Celebrity hot dog eaters? What's next, celebrity janitors? It's always surprising how you base your operations out of Hollywood, yet seem to have trouble coming up with credible celebrity news anymore.

ilikecheese

@lala I agree with you completely, these eating "competitions" are upsetting considering there are hungry people all over the world :(

@Dale, LOL :) I hate Perez Hilton, he's disgusting!

Sloane

I actually feel naseous and have indigestion just reading this
OMG!!

don't think I'd ever want to eat more than 2 or 3 hotdogs...4 max...and that would only be if I were outdoors at a picnic/barbecue where I had been swimming/playing a sport etc. working up a huge appetite in the fresh air and hot dogs were the only food there!!

cyringe

this is why America is filled with crazy people and why serah pelin has a bunch of idiots followers.
how would you think that someone who did not participate in a game is the best. he could have singed the contract and join the big boys.
HE IS THE BEST TMZ HOT DOG EATER. i too can eat 40 hot dogs in my bathroom.
this is why the world thinks we are crazy.

Muppet

What possesses a person to want to stuff 69 hotdogs in their gob? There's just something so wrong about that! Gluttony at it's worst! I find the whole thing repulsive!

TheBrain

That looks really disgusting but you know, if that was a pizza with everything on it I would totally attempt it.

JDizzle

Ok how about TMZ holding a little competition between Takeru and Joey live for one of the show, and see who the real champ is.

jason

LMAO! It says "Tmz Sports", When did eating hot dogs become a sport?

Me

Why was he there eating if he wasn't allowed to compete? Shouldn't he of just been a spectator in the crowd like all the other people that were not competing?

Not sure what I am missing here.

Julie

Kobayashi made a decision not to play by the rules. As such, he can't claim to be the champion. Besides, Chestnut has beat Kobayashi in head-to-head competition in the past. If Kobaya*****hinks he can win now, he needs to show up for the contest.

rickrstl

If they were both away from the "official" contest and this happened I'd say Kobi is the man, but two different places, "official" is "official".

TheBugMan

"That's nothing. Perez Hilton has the record for inhaling the most wieners in 10 minutes."

LOL! Made my AM.

Please

Joey ALREADY beat Takeru the last 3 times they actually competed together.

If i knock out Manny Paquiao with a sucker punch in the street while he does not see me that means i can go to the WBO and claim my belt? Or the WBO will tell me that if i feel that "manly" i should face him in the ring like it should be and see if we have the same outcome?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments