Tom Cruise -- Eye of the Tiger

7/5/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Cruise celebrated his 49th birthday in Miami this weekend by temporarily turning into a Thundercat.

0705_tom_cruise_face_paintSplash
Cruise and his daughter Suri (not the little girl in the center of the photo) got their faces painted the day before Katie Holmes hosted a surprise birthday dinner for the actor at the Soho Beach House.

According to the NY Post, Tom rocked out with 40 of his closest friends ... while dining on Italian food ... jamming to Cuban music ... and blowing out candles on a massive chocolate cake.

No word if he still had his face paint on for that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Puckett

You need mental help, "Tiny Wong" Jong. Anyone who posts as much as you do on TMZ must be a danger to themselves. A 5150 would do you good.

some guy

It's ok, Mike, I'm not out for you to lose your job. I kinda like having you around. When I get bored I'll just start trashing you.

Well, I'm bored now. Feel free to continue typing away like a maniac. I won't be paying attention.

Puckett

Awww, how cute. David Jong's mistaken us for people who actually care about his patheti*****tle life that he enjoys blogging about so much.

Puckett

David Jong 49 minutes ago
@Puckett

So, by your logic, anyone who reads is an idiot.

You must be the smartest person in the world!

---

No, by my logic, anyone who reads "Dianetics" by L Ron Hubbard, and visits Scientology induction centers, and "kind of ... agrees with some of that stuff", is an idiot.

You know, like you, and Tom Cruise.

Puckett

Another Face/Body Painter 6 hours ago
The artist painting Tom is a world famous face/body painter from Australia. I am proud to say I know her and have taken several of her classes. She is one of the nicest, most talented people I have met.

Suri was painted by another world famous painter/clown who lives in Florida - a super person who gave me my first facepainting lesson 20 years ago!

I would name names, but not sure either artist would want me to do that.

---

I'm sure the "world famous" face painter, you know the one who painted those kids faces, is glad you didn't mention her name.

Because hopefully that's not her best work. The kids faces are very amateur looking, nothing to brag about for sure.

nitu