Charlie Sheen's New TV Show

'Anger Management'

7/6/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's new TV show will be based on the movie "Anger Management"and Charlie will be playing the Jack Nicholson character ... TMZ has learned.

0706_charlie_jack_EX2

Sources directly involved in the project say the man who is making it all happen is uber-producer Joe Roth, who produced and owns the screenplay to the 2003 movie, "Anger Management."

We're told Charlie's character will stray a bit from the movie role.  The plan as of now -- Charlie's character will be an ex-jock who got his master's degree in social work during the offseason.  He becomes a counselor to defendants in the criminal justice system with anger management problems.  But, of course, Charlie's character will have anger issues of his own.

We're told the deal with Lionsgate is not done, but is in the final stages of negotiations.  And we're told, there is no deal with a network to air the show -- at least not yet.

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Lucy

Yippee!! Can't wait...good luck Charlie!

andyconda

the show will make 2 and a half look like nicolodian.

charlie has to take the job he would once again master another project.

and he left two and a half on top. that helps.

bobbie

Your guys give the guy a break. Charlie will do well regardless of what anyone thinks. Personally, he is one of my favorite actor's, and I will always watch him. It's time someone just gives him a slight break here, I mean why keep beating him to death? Everyone has some form of issue, even actor's.

irish35

Won'*****ch it.

Buckaroobonzai

If Charlie stays off the sauce, this will be GOLD

lou

I know it's a sitcom idea and all but would a social worker with anger management issues really be working with other people with anger management issues? What would be the point?

Can't see Charlie as a social worker, though can see him with the anger management issues. Whether or not he'll be funny with them is another story...

jxtr

This sounds similar to an ABC show from a few years ago about mental health counselor with mental health issues.

$$

They should get jack Nicholson to play his dad...

EatMe

BORING
IRRELEVANT
NO*****CHING
WILL FLOP

ManiacalZebra

No one in their right mind would sign on to something like this without proof that Sheen is stable enough to follow through on it.

Areader

Good for Charlie, this is "Winning"!!!

Sena

Oh geez... people need to chill. So what - the dude is crazy, but he was pretty dang funny in 2 1/2 Men. I'll watch it! I'll give 2 1/2 Men a chance too, but I have my doubts. I don't know that Charlie is the most talented actor, but I think he's funny. Who cares what he's done in his personal life. I'm sure there are actors out there that are complete idiots that we still watch - what's that got to do with anything? It's a TV show - not real life. Give me a break. Everyone needs to stop being so overly dramatic. It's TV folks... sheesh.

Barbara

So very glad for Charlie...don't let us down now Charlie, we fans have been rooting for you to succeed. Heck...I even bought one of your t-shirts...so stay on the straight and narrow, and show the nay-sayers that you can. hugs

Cynstriss

TMZ, how about a poll, who's going to watch and who has better things to do. I have Far better things to do myself.

Miss Bu