Charlie Sheen's New TV Show

'Anger Management'

7/6/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's new TV show will be based on the movie "Anger Management"and Charlie will be playing the Jack Nicholson character ... TMZ has learned.

0706_charlie_jack_EX2

Sources directly involved in the project say the man who is making it all happen is uber-producer Joe Roth, who produced and owns the screenplay to the 2003 movie, "Anger Management."

We're told Charlie's character will stray a bit from the movie role.  The plan as of now -- Charlie's character will be an ex-jock who got his master's degree in social work during the offseason.  He becomes a counselor to defendants in the criminal justice system with anger management problems.  But, of course, Charlie's character will have anger issues of his own.

We're told the deal with Lionsgate is not done, but is in the final stages of negotiations.  And we're told, there is no deal with a network to air the show -- at least not yet.

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Professor Chaos

Can't be any worse than the movie.
I remember the old days when Adam Sandler films were funny. Anger Management was awful. He hasn't made a funny movie since The Wedding Singer.

jacksonfive210

Waxonwaxoff
I want to know just WHAT talent people seem to think that Sheen has... EVERY role he's played short of Platoon has been a copy of himself. The guy can't act at all. He can only play himself....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
umm lets see here what about wall street, Major leauge, men at work, Hot shoots,young guns,Three musketeers and many manyyyy more. He has only played him self in pretty much only two and a half men and spin city. The man took over for the great MJ Fox. The mans got talent you dont get to be one of the highest paid actors on tv without any talent.

Montclair Grandma

Yes, I would watch Charlie Sheen in Anger Management. Hopefully he has learned from his mistakes in his personal life and will do
well in a new show. He does have talent and perhaps he can pull his self together like Robert Downey, Jr. has. I wish Charlie well, but if he screws up again, I'll probably stop watching his
shows.

ksis

jacksonfive210 44 minutes ago

ksis
It's bbrown this is my new screen name haha we are laughen in all the faces who use to say ohh charlies black listed he will never work in hollywood again now look he's not working with a big producer and a good plot this shows gonna be good. Charlie is a great actor the man took over for MJ FOX and did a great job.

***********************

BBrown...I will not believe anything TMZ says until something is really proven. The fact that Charlie gave a few hints is a start, but still he cvould have been misleading those jokes of the reporters.
I am just happy that he looks clean and healthy.

nyer566

Won'*****ch it! I am sticking with Two and a Half Men! Ashton Kutcher just may do a great job and give that show new life! I am looking forward to the fall premier!

Sugar Kitty

This show seems funny. I would watch it.

Daytona Girl

Who wants to see an old has-been with no teeth. Yikes ... even the goddesses left him. He can't even pay girls to stay with him .... that should tell you something.

jacksonfive210

ksis
I am just happy that he looks clean and healthy.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
yeah he does look really good, and clean, your right it's alittle early to tell if this is show is gonna happen or not I hope it does though could be great.

Roxanne Stones

How can you people say he's looking good?

GEL

I won'*****ch ANYTHING with this whack job in it, not a thing! That's assuming there is even a deal penned with a network and I'd really be surprised if any network would touch a show with him in it now.

carla

I'm sure his career will do as well as Mel Gibson's. lol It'd be easier to just not do another show then face the hard reality when it's cancelled after the 3rd episode. The embarrassment will only lead to a bender and then an obituary. Fix your life, Charlie, no one wants to see your stupid attempt at career revival when you've done nothing to deserve a come back.

chicagannie

Sorry, Charlie....won't be watching you.

ksis

Roxanne Stones 48 minutes ago

How can you people say he's looking good?

******************

Uhmmmmm...Because it's what we think??? Got a problem with the opinions? LOL

Puckett

Sounds like the perfect vehicle for Charlie to re-enter comedic television and it'll once again be parodying his own lifestyle to a degree, which was part of the huge success behind TAHM.

It's going to be huge Caroline, HUGE!!! lol

Roxanne Stones

ksis50 minutes ago

Roxanne Stones 48 minutes ago

How can you people say he's looking good?

******************

Uhmmmmm...Because it's what we think??? Got a problem with the opinions? LOL

~~~~~~
No, I don't have a problem with opinions. I just stated mine. Honestly can't understand why anyone would find a 47 year old who looks 60 with bad teeth good looking. It's kinda sad that the only way he can find love is by paying for it.