Charlie Sheen's New TV Show

'Anger Management'

7/6/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen's new TV show will be based on the movie "Anger Management"and Charlie will be playing the Jack Nicholson character ... TMZ has learned.

0706_charlie_jack_EX2

Sources directly involved in the project say the man who is making it all happen is uber-producer Joe Roth, who produced and owns the screenplay to the 2003 movie, "Anger Management."

We're told Charlie's character will stray a bit from the movie role.  The plan as of now -- Charlie's character will be an ex-jock who got his master's degree in social work during the offseason.  He becomes a counselor to defendants in the criminal justice system with anger management problems.  But, of course, Charlie's character will have anger issues of his own.

We're told the deal with Lionsgate is not done, but is in the final stages of negotiations.  And we're told, there is no deal with a network to air the show -- at least not yet.

Roth has worked with Charlie on 5 projects, including "Major League," "Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

LittleBIt

I can NOT believe anybody would be stupid enough to offer this a-hole anything, let alone his own show!!! Thanks a lot you jerk o**s! Now this loser is going to be in our faces again on TV.

Puckett

@Littlebit - DUH! WINNING!

lilirose_74

Charlie is 45, not 47. He just looks like a regular middle aged man, & is still handsome, & a talented actor. I can't wait to see his new show when it comes out. I think the ones who say "won't be watching", will be the first ones to watch for the curiosity factor! lol!

TessaC

I also think he's looking good ******* for an 80 year old.

CriticXtreme

This show will be a "winnnnnnnnnninnnnnnggggg" bomb. Charlie Sheen (aka Carlos Irwin Estevez) should have just kept his comments to himself and just made his money off that goofy show. Dude, Chuck is going to win with you and without you. Note that you and all the non-kosher "winners are out jew-d in Hollyweird and because of that, this show won't make it past 6 viewings. First Charlie, you made it long past 14:59, second - you slipped under radar going from being presumed as white (pulling a Jessica Alba -you fine a**), wasn't the victim of any public immigration jokes (accept from me) and you were the luckiest man on the planet when it came to the ishes. Third - I have two words for you "it's over".

leslie

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE CHARLIE ON TV AGAIN. QUALITY TV.

Ball`s has no Ball`s

At least it wont be Harvey bitch`n HoMo this and That!If that keeps up F TMZ.kEEP THAT C R A P TO YOUR SELF harvey!

tellmeaboutit

No, thanks...I've seen Chuckle's attempt at anger management.

janet

Didn't Sheen already pull this before. Still way to generic. No network, no cable channel mentioned, it's in the works. Sounds like nothing is really working at all. Charlie Sheen is hyping himself.

melissa

"I feel pretty & wity" No thx I'd rather see Jack Nicholson in a tutu!

janet

South Park episode is on anger management. Go figure.

melissa

Movie Lyrics | Stage Lyrics
I FEEL PRETTY
MARIA
I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any girl who isn't me tonight.

I feel charming,
Oh, so charming
It's alarming how charming I feel!
And so pretty
That I hardly can believe I'm real.

See the pretty girl in that mirror there:
Who can that attractive girl be?
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy!

GIRLS
Have you met my good friend Maria,
The craziest girl on the block?
You'll know her the minute you see her,
She's the one who is in an advanced state of shock.

She thinks she's in love.
She thinks she's in Spain.
She isn't in love,

Polite and refined,
Well-bred and mature
And out of her mind!

MARIA
I feel pretty,
Oh, so pretty
That the city should give me its key.
A committee
Should be organized to honor me.

GIRLS
La la la la . . .

MARIA
I feel dizzy,
I feel sunny,
I feel fizzy and funny and fine,
And so pretty,
Miss America can just resign!

GIRLS
La la la la . . .

MARIA
See the pretty girl in that mirror there:

GIRLS
What mirror where?

MARIA
Who can that attractive girl be?

GIRLS
Which? What? Where? Whom?

MARIA
Such a pretty face,
Such a pretty dress,
Such a pretty smile,
Such a pretty me!

GIRLS
Such a pretty me!

ALL
I feel stunning
And entrancing,
Feel like running and dancing for joy,
For I'm loved
By a pretty wonderful boy!

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

Anyone putting a dime in this crack addict's pockets are as sick as anyone who would put a dime in Casey Anthony's pockets for a movie no one needs to see nor hear because we watched it all in real life and know who the killer is.

She makes a dime and he gets payed off for his sickening behavior this country has lost it's bearings so badly it may never recover. The MSM are nothing more than that lowlife attorney, all the Devil's Advocates.

They're sick and people not on here telling them that each day are sad tools of the machine.

Jennifer

I hope it gets made because I can't wait to see it.

Maria52

he need to play Jack in one flew over the coo coo nest. Perfect!