Sinead O'Connor -- Nothing Compares 2 Her New Look

7/6/2011 9:16 AM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

Doing her best Susan Boyle impersonation, former shaved head singer Sinead O'Connor showed off a softer, more matronly side at a concert in England this weekend.

0706_sinead
This could be a huge comeback for the 44-year-old.

DatDogBitez

Oh my. I'm feeling really good about how I look at 48 years old right now. Thanks Sinead for that big boost to my ego. What happened to her???

HangoverPictures.com

How is she suppose to get lesbian tail looking like that? I hope she still has money!

Missy

WOW! She sure hasn't aged well! She looks more like 54!

Taylor Dadson

She's all growed up! And growed out around the middle too! Someone needs to lay off the potatoes.

Joe

Dude, cut your hair, it makes you look like a woman. Well almost anyway

TheUltraworld

Did not age well, did she?

JustAGirl

Is she really wearing polyester pants? I thought 74 was the starting age for that. Hideous!

kronenburg

Looks like she just dropped off the kids at school, went to the grocery store, and stopped off to sing before heading home to mop the kitchen floor.

moe l.

I think they have the wrong picture attached to this article.

suspiciousmind

... and in almost every place (except here) that republished that image of Sinead, it was accompanied by a review of this performance at the Manchester International Festival over the weekend. For example, from the Telegraph:

"She takes to the stage at the Pavilion Theatre, a 350-capacity tent in Albert Square, to premiere songs from her forthcoming album, Home. Dressed in a blue trouser suit that does little to flatter her, she’s thicker round the waist, the cheekbones are gone and her hair has grown into an unfussy shoulder-length bob.

But then she opens her mouth and it’s as if time has melted. Her voice still has that same sense of despairing purity, a vulnerability that gives her already intense songs a rare depth. The new songs speak of love, domesticity and motherhood. “I used to have no walls around me,” she sings at one point. “I was too free if that’s possible to be.”

The heartening thing about tonight’s sell-out is that the Home tunes shine brighter than much of her back catalogue."

GO SINEAD. I'd like to clap eyes on some of you relentless trolls, to see how beautiful y'all must be.

Shaydie

I remember with her shaved head, everyone saying she was one of those with such a beautiful face she could get away with it -- Irish women don't age well at all!!

judi

she looks better bald!!

Dave

The silly hair, the grandma costume, the doughy body, nothing compares to those white trash tats. Those are the worst.

coomason

If that is Sinead O'Connor, why did she come back?

gene yuss

Most one hit wonders end up with liver disease. She looks well on her way. I was a huge...er .. big... er.. i liked her.