« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cowboys' Star Scores! Ex GF Gives Back 76K Ring

7/7/2011 6:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dallas Cowboys star Roy Williams just made a $76,000 reception -- snagging the engagement ring he sued beauty queen Brooke Daniels to get  back ... TMZ has learned.

0706_roy_williams_brooke_daniels_getty_ex

Williams recently filed the lawsuit against Brooke -- a former Miss Texas USA he dated for about a year -- but her mom tells TMZ the ring was returned to Williams' attorney yesterday near Houston.

According to the suit, Williams MAILED the ring and a recorded marriage proposal to Brooke back in February ... just before Valentine's Day.

Brooke wasn't impressed. Williams says she shot him down, they broke up ... and she promised to return the ring. The Cowboys WR sued because he hadn't gotten it back yet.

All's well that ends.

0105_RING_ON_IT_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carl

Wow, what a romantic. It isn't every guy that will propose to you through the mail! Most losers have to do it in person.

shellian

What was that again that the whole world said about golddiggers and bitched who just want someone for their money? She said NO!! Awesome!

anony

More class.
They should both be hanging out wit the Kardashians.

Muppet

He mailed it?? Now that's classy!! LOL

Pete

Wow can't believe somebody would be stupid enough to mail a $760...00 ring, let alone mail a marriage proposal. Then again he's a pro athlete so I suppose using his brain isn't his strong suit. Then again based on his NFL career apparently playing pro football isn't his strong suit either....

OooooNooo!

"Williams MAILED the ring . . ."
He must have confused her with a street hoe. Freaking Miss Texas USA don't play like that.

Jared

He probably had sex with her so many times he wanted to marry her. He will find another white girl who loves money.

Meester Oh

I feel very sorry for Roy Williams in that he believed this woman was beautiful and her character traits made her worthy of marriage. She's ugly, her people are ugly, and the social world in which she operates are equally as ugly. The negative racial socialization Anglo Texans receive would never allow Ms. Daniels to continue in any social circle in any manner (proof in the racist comments here). I hope he learns the lesson they are teaching him: Just because they accept your abilities on the field of battle, doesn't mean they accept you as "one of them."
Besides, she's fugly, and he definitely could do better!

Rotter

Her mouth is out of scale with her head.

Mike

She wanted his money and not his hand in marriage. Once he gave her the ring it was time to "put up or shut up". She said NO but she and her trashy parents claimed to have lost the ring. Insurance company found out that her Dad was holding on to it. Should have arrested them for fraud and theft. Roy you're stupid!!! But don't worry...there are millions of white chicks out there that will stand in line to get with you.

Nick

I agree with Meester Oh 100%. They will never see us as equal. Sad but true.

P.S. The NFL is racist

Lisa

I would have cashed that in so fast haha. That was really nice of her.

Carter Swenson

Mailing an engagement ring sounds stupid enough but one that is $76,000?!?! And what kind of bimbo would date such a loser?
Thank god these two morons didn't start reproducing offspring!!!

Cromulent

We learned in Detroit: Roy is a nice down-to-Earth guy, but not very bright.

Pimpcessa

The amount of racist comments on here is amazing. I am shocked that so many on here actually feel that way anymore. I am a white woman and have never dated a black man, and yes, my daddy would flip out if I did. But, I'm embarrassed by that. It's not something I could ever be proud of.

But even though I have allowed my fathers views to sway who I would date, I could never use the "N" word or even state the things that I'm reading here from some of you. In fact I would go so far as to say it's a weakness in my character that I am far from proud of.

So carry on with your hatred towards those different than you and pay no mind to the hurt that your comments cause to someone elses heart.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments