Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

realist

Selebrities Suck,

Well then, I guess Human Nature's post had nothing to do with your assessment.

middleagedcrazy

Danielle 29 minutes ago
I didn'*****ch all the trial, I know there was a heck of a lot of media that swayed opinion on the story. I think Casey did some stupid things, but since I didn'*****ch the trial I can't comment on that. I can comment though that if the prosecution had of won and they toasted I am sure there would not have been this outrage and the prosecution would have toasted. Heck the Brad Coooper case just ended and I really don't think he should have been convicted and the prosecution celebrated when they won despite the horrible hearsay case they put on.
______________________

Maybe, just maybe the NGI (Nancy Grace Inquisition) is just upset that they weren't invited to ANY parties after a long trial.

Thank you for talking about the hearsay case.

Ann

It it people like him that give us lawyers a bad bad name. I hate it.

brianssister88

It's Terrace 390 Bistro not 360...

Tom Cruise

They should concentrate on saving a worthwhile life. Not an obvious murderer and they know it.

JERIC

I AM DISGUSTED WITH THIS DEFENSE TEAM!!
THOUGH I REALLY THINK HIS COMMENTS WERE EXCELLENT AND SEEING IT THROUGH SH*T COVERED GLASSES, WHERE HE MUST BE, I CAN SEE WHERE HE IS COMING FROM !
Even though evidence of a decomposing body was found, duct tape with the same heart stickers as in the house she lived and the sickening words of that monster and family were not enough for a murder conviction the least they could have done is found a guilty for child neglect! July 13th REALLY ? I am in shock still over this !

Jaime

Well, all I can say is, Casey just dragged them all down to hell with her. They all took an oath and were sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help them God. And they all stood by Casey Anthony's lies. So, there ya have it. I could care less about these people. The only person who matters and has ever mattered in this Case was Caylee Anthony. Everyone, don't forget to sign Caylee's law petition! Never let this happen again. God will deal with their asses.

monica

KEEPING IT CLASSY DEFENSE TEAM!

a

I'd be flipping people off too I were him.

keepcaseybroke

www.keepcaseybroke.com

middleagedcrazy

@ keepcasey --

I approve and am laughing about your premise.

How about 'keepnancyhlnbroke.com' as well?

Tee hee

ashley

wow - real mature and professional there Mason - no wonder you defend s***....

Chun LI

Colonel Sanders/Mason I'll use my first amendment right and say I hope someone shoots Casey in the face and uterus and I hope someone you and Baez love is killed and the murderer is set free.I then hope they champagne toast in your pathetic faces.

rhonda

carter here is what i believe. i believe if it was like it use to be where you were punished for what you did, an eye for an eye there would be way less crime on the streets, there would be less raping, baby killing, murders in general, i may be old fashion but i remember when i could stay out and play or go to a friends house as long as i was home before dark. could i raise my kids like that? no.. moms kill babies now cause they are in the way, or they want to show their baby daddy they can hurt him. ( same goes for the dad) so dont preach rights and the constitution to me because guilty people use the constitution to get all the rights!!!EVEN WHEN THEY ARE WRONG

rhonda

AND ONE MORE THING.. I WONT WORRY ABOUT GETTING BUSTED FOR SAELING DRUGS.. I WORK FOR
A LIVING...