Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

KIMMY

There all PIGS that have shown thier true colors period,they didnt get this slut off the jury was out to lunch period. As OJ,s attorny,s had meant up with evil so will these idiots,most every one who helped OJ meant up with a bad event even death. So be it! What goes around comes around karma what ever God will not let them go free for long.

middleagedcrazy

Err . . . how about Simpsons?

Tee hee

Mee

Two wrongs don't make a right.
The EDUCATED LAWYER SHOULD HAVE USED RESTRAIN and raising the finger is SO "LOW LIFE"

Mike

BUBBA ARMY...BUBBA ARMY.. Great job Tuttle... Bubba The Love Sponge Must Be Proud...

Cheney states -- "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

Carter Swenson

MAC: Didn't F. Lee do a guest spot on Star Trek? Let's be real here, you aren't really famous unless you do a guest spot on Star Trek.

Carter: If you're talking about old-school Star Trek, it was Melvin Beli not F Lee. I don't know if FLB was on STNG or any of the other later versions.

Carter Swenson

There are more sour grapes on this board than there are at a NASCAR race won by Juan Pablo Montoya.

Wiley

Idiot thinks he's Abraham Lincoln and tells quaint little BS stories during the trial. And then he lies, just like all the paid liars.

pissychrissy

Go Team Baez/Mason!! They saved an innocent persons life. Thank God they didn't give up on her!

middleagedcrazy

@ CarterS --

Ooooopsie! I just remember the big draped thing with the little head on top (should probably look up that episode).

Anyway, I know I am too old school. To be really famous you should be on The Simpsons as I have been instructed by my kids.

Tee hee

Carter Swenson

Most of the people on this board hate Jose Baez because they consider him a wet-back.

HumanNature

Jose Baez is NOT a wet back!!!!

He was born in Puerto Rico, an American Citizen!!!

PLEASE STOP INSULTING THIS MAN!!!

Shady's Lady

I think Mr Biaz is hot.

Shady's Lady

Mr Baez...my apologies, but dude is super sexy. I may have to go out and do something off the hook just to get defended by him. Hey Hose or Jose, whatever your dam$ name is...COME HERE!

DeeSD

Wow......go Alyssa, with your imbecile comments.....you cannot even spell. I live far away from Florida, but still have paid a little attention to this case ever since its started......I have been engrossed in this whole case from Day 1......how could the jury even have gone through all the paperwork from the TRIAL in 11 hours......there was a holiday coming up and they didn't want to miss it, so they made a quick decision......too bad it was the wrong one. And after the defense team acted the way they did after the verdict, who are they to say that they are going to after the prosecution team for their so-called unethical actions (for example......jeff ashton laughing during closing arguments).......when this idiot Cheney Mason does the same thing as the kid did in the courtroom who got 6 days and a hefty fine. You'd think when you are as old as him, you would have learned a little tiny bit of class by now :( WOW.....losers..........and, RIP little Caylee.......there are many, many people in this world that will never forget you, little one ........

Rachel