Casey Anthony's Lawyer: We TOASTED Because ...

7/8/2011 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer tells TMZ ... his team popped bubbly and raised their glasses after the not-guilty verdict because "We have a long-standing tradition; we toast to the Constitution."

0707_casey_lawyers_ex

TMZ spoke with Cheney Mason -- the guy with the beard -- who tells us his team decided to hit the Terrace 360 restaurant across the street from the courthouse Tuesday because, "We were celebrating saving Casey Anthony's life."

Mason also defended his use of his now infamous middle finger salute that day -- telling us it was directed at a "guy from a radio station who has been stalking my team for months."

0707_casey_lawyer_nb

Cheney says, "He was yelling at the ladies on my team, 'Are you on your period?' and he was also calling them 'baby killers.'"

"This guy was outside and pounding on the glass and I flipped the son-of-a-bitch off, and I'll do it again!"

Cheney states --  "It was an expression of my first amendment right."

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22

KIMMY

Casey is a snake and a slime ball and who ever surrounds them selves with her company attorney or what ever is equl to her slime con liar way. These attorney,s are tra*****s a GAME TO THEM! WE WON you lost. Its not any thing else. Pigs and pieces of ****!

Don Pedro

Based on Bozo's and Mumble's list of victories vs defeats....they don't get to toast anything very much....Bozo has already had to admit his list of victories was actually a total lie and as for Mumbles....at his age....getting that finger up is about as much of a victory as he can hope for!

Loving Monterey

Dearest Caylee,

I am so sorry that they toasted to their victory of lies and deception. I am so sorry that they did not think of you as they were lifting their glasses to celebrate the murderess. Please forgive their callous nature and their inability to see that your life meant nothing.

You are an angel Caylee. Rest in Peace.

townsend

It's Florida, what do you expect?
Is it **** Cheney (mason), related to another "famous" idiot?
Leave the ladder up for casey.......

Donna

Cheney Mason is a classless jack#@$. The only thing almost as bad as being the type of person who drugs and suffocates with duct tape their own baby is the type of person who makes up crazy lies to defend them. Cheney and Jose, your smugness has not gone unnoticed. You and your entire defense team have defended someone who you know is guilty---what a crappy profession you have chosen for yourselves.

Necie

Does not matter...the finger is the finger and that WAS NOT professional. Sure....you are a defense lawyer and you did your job. You got your client off on a murder rap. Hope you are sleeping well these nights Mr. Mason. Maybe little Caylee will pay you a visit one night very soon.

Necie

Mr. Mason........maybe little Caylee will visit you in your dreams.

DYM

Unfortunately, the LAW is the LAW whether we like it our not, that is what makes us a free country.
If people don't like it here in the USA, then move to another country. We have to take the good with the bad. She was found not guilty, and as far as the LAW, she is innocent. We may not like it, but that is the way the LAW works. As for the jury. It is the LAW that we must serve on a jury. I am sure that all of those people were just jumping up and down to leave their homes, jobs, family and freedom to sit on this jury. They had no choice because it is the LAW!!!! Those jurors, whether you agree with them or not, did the job that was presented to them. Unless you can prove to them concrete proof, then they did what they felt was right. You can't think someone is innocent, you have to prove it. I think it is disgraceful that these jurors have to go into hiding because they were doing their civic duty. I am sure that from now on, that if someone has to serve on a jury in a homocide case, they will just vote for what the public wants to avoid getting death threats. I am sure that will really make our justice system fair. I know if I ever have to serve on a jury, I will think twice about what I say in order to protect my family. We might as well just not have trials any more and save the tax payers a lot of money. I am not saying that i think that Casey is innocent, but again, it is the way the LAW works. Unless you are a lawyer and understand the LAW, you shouldn't comment.

Erin

Doesn't it speak volumes that the defense team keeps saying they saved "a life" instead of saying they saved "an innocent woman's life?" They know Casey murdered Caylee.

lexi

innocent till proven guilty! they had no proof that she actually did it. all you people who think she did it are no better than her then with all your threats and bull**** talk. you all need to grow up, take cre of your own familys apparently your spending to much time worrying about casey anthony, now she has only one person to answer to and that day will come.

shirliana

YEAH... THEY WERE TOASTING FOR CASEY *** THE BABY KILLER ***. WHERE WERE THE LAWYERS THOUGHTS??????????? WELL, THEY HAD WON FOR CASEY ** BUT NO WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT THEIR CELEBRATION WAS FOR CAYLEE**.
THEY COULD HAVE PRAYED FOR CAYLEE BUT HECK NO, THEY OPENED BOTTLES OF CHAMPAGNE AND FOR THEMSELVES AS WELL AND CASEY.

WHAT A ROTTEN DEFENSE CREW.
CAYLEE, DON'T WORRY, YOUR MOM WILL GO BACK TO JAIL ONE DAY.... JUST LIKE OJ. WATCH OUR WORDS. YOUR JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL.

sharleen

1-I am totally disgusted with this bogus verdict of not guilty but the juror was right; Casey is guilty but the DA's office did not prove it!!!! Someone on that team should be fired & star*****ching CSI. That show will show you how it is done right because talk about blowing this case.

2-Who is paying for jackass Cheney & his crew? The Anthony family is not & that team is not a court appointed team. I hope the hell the good people from Florida will not be forced to pay for the legal fees plus they are saying Casey wants plastic surgery, etc? She is counting on the money she will receive from book, tv & playboy deals right?

3-Is there anyway the Judge can stop Casey from making money off this trial. Terrible.....good thing she killed her own child. Can you imagine if she did this to someone else's child & received the same verdict???? Oh yes, all hell would break loose..........

caseyanthony

I love Cheney Mason, he's such a great man. Me and him seem to agree on one thing, if you can have an abortion a few months in, why not be able to have one after 2 years? He has helped me accomplish just that, and get rich in the process. I'm gonna be a millionaire! <3

Moonbrat

I think justice has been surved. She is free now and if I know Mr. Mason and Mr. Biaz, they are not just going to turn their backs and walk away infact, your looking for street justice, good luck... she is already gone you and the media have been out foxed.

Previous 15 Comments | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22