Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking' Is RACIST!!!

7/8/2011 9:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the latest craze taking over the Internet -- lying face down in bizarre places, stiff as wood -- but rapper Xzibit is leading a new charge AGAINST "planking" ... claiming the practice has RACIST roots.

Planking Photos

Xzibit took to his Twitter recently, claiming, "Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever. Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate yourselves."

The rapper adds, "Dont get it twisted. I care less where your dumb asses lay face down and take pictures of the sh*t, I'm just telling you where it came from."

It's all probably news to Katy Perry, Demi Moore, Rosario Dawson (above), Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber -- who have ALL posted pics of themselves online ... looking board.

So we gotta ask ...

UPDATE:  Xzibit just tweeted re: TMZ:  "Wow.  They are trying to make me the Al Sharpton of planking.  #news?"

UPDATE:  From TMZ:  Yes, Al, news.

0708_planking_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZfan10000 TMZfan10000

Hitler scratched his ass Stalin scratched his ass Mao scratched his ass Scratching your ass means that you are a murderous dictator.

Julai Julai

He is correct that they used this positioning during slave transport but it included the wrists being shackled to the waist and usually multiple layers. I've seen Wil E. Coyote and Tom from Tom and Jerry use this gag positioning in cartoons but I never heard anyone cry "RACISM" for those planksters. Just stop crippling yourself with these victimizations and get on with your lives people.

Anon Anon

Who cares if it's racist! People should care more about the fact that this is the dumbest thing in the recorded history of man!

tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZfan10000 TMZfan10000

Julai Julai

Anon Anon

Kathy Kathy

I am sure everything is offensive if we really research it. LIGHTEN UP!!!!

Bradd01 Bradd01

I guess sleeping on your stomach is racist too...

Jennyy Jennyy

Xzibit may be right about where the term came from so many years ago however, there are no racial motives for the people now doing it all over the world. The goofy activity called "planking" started in Europe. The impression I get is that the idea is to be able to do it it really unusual places.

Bubbles The Chimp

I just 'planked' in my cage. The zookeeper thought I was dead.

John

Guess he needs to get his name back in the spotlight. Haven't heard from this guy in years.

Stop playing the damn race card. I stopped paying attention a long time ago because it's so overused.

pimpc

look like the planking is in the prone position and the "slave" planking is in the supine position!! Stupid xzipper..learn anatomy idiot!!!

Eddie

Xibit is an example of someone stupid who hasnt gotten over racism yet.. This is just another something that people are doing now like twittering and break dancing etc etc. Xibit are you speaking out loud because no one knows who you are anymore? Your an idiot. Get back in your hole and stay there stop causing trouble.

Autism in Long Beach

I laugh at pretty much anything, but I have to agree with Xzibit... it's disturbing

KATHY

I THINK THE TALENTLESS IDIOT WHO IS XIBIT IS A MORON!!! I GUESS HE HAS TO ATTENTION SOMEHOW....

american

I'm sure you could find a racist thing to say about everything somebody does that is stupid!

Pimpcessa

Yo, Xzerbit, it aint always about you and yours bro! Get over yourself already. The whole white community does not spend every waking moment thinking of ways to get racist remarks or deeds inconspicuously past you. You're making an azzz out of yourself.

BananaHammock

Planking isn't racist...but Xzibit is apparently an idiot!

sweetdee88

proof most americans don't exercise; planking has been an ab exercise for as long as i can remember. google it! it only been in the last couple years that i've heard of euro trash doing it for a laugh; i've never seen anything so stupid

Buckaroobonzai

well, first... I agree that planking is a pretty stupid act, but then again, really only stupid people are doing it and I think I could care less. Even if you die while planking, well, God is just getting rid of the weak. SECOND, I find nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, that references planking to slavery so Xzibit is probably full of S...

i said lesbians...

cant wait for xzibit to pimp my plank

Robert

How do you explain "Pimp my ride"?

coldly

In a few years white people will be walking around outside looking like muslim women. Lmao we wont be alowed to show our skin out doors or we will get stoned. And we gonna have to shave our heads cause its not nappy enough hahahaha and heaven forbid if you blonde and sexy

Criss

Abercrombie 17 minutes ago
Rosario Dawson is hot. She can do whatever she wants, including planking even if it is racist. Heck, I'd like her to "plank" me.
---------------------------------------------------------
Hell yeah! Any time, anywhere!