Rihanna Concert Ends Early When Fire Breaks Out

7/9/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna's concert in Dallas last night was forced to end early last night after the a fire broke in the lighting area above the stage.

0709_rihanna_fire_video

The American Airlines Center had to be evacuated, which didn't sit well with fans since RiRi was reportedly an hour late going on. Adding to the disappointment, Rihanna's 2010 concert in Dallas was canceled as well, for unspecified reasons.

Rihanna tweeted about the incident afterward, vowing to return to Dallas in the future.

0709_rihanna_twitter

NASI

i thing we all should get little bit of refund? at least 50%....this is not fair riri....come on.

jillybean

She does sound uneducated and sure she speaks just as ill. It wouldn't hurt Rihanna to learn how to speak and write.

Carl

I hope she never becomes a literacy spokesperson.

Lord Rivas

Havin' and wit' are one thing but fyah? Why don't you just find a way to kill kids brain cells with a raygun or something. Somebody needs to remake Revenge of the Nerds. This era of dumb being cool has got to end. America's downfall isn't gonna be the economy or pollution or gay marriage. It's gonna be stupidity.

MariJoy

That's called Twitter Damage Control...and she'd better do that if she ever expects to play Dallas again...

neicey

"Fyah" is patois (Jamaican Dialect) for fire, just thought I would put that out there. I agree with debschira, when she started out I remember reading an article where she stated that she would never pose or appear fully or half nude; guess that Rihanna disappeared as the dollars came rolling in.

watcher 1

SHES SO "PISSED"! WHAT A LADY! SHE HAS A FAIR VOICE BUT WHEN SHE SPEAKS SHE SOUNDS LIKE SOME KIND OF TRAILER TRASH WHICH SHE IS SO I GUESS IT ALL WORKS OUT IN THE END. SAY GOOD NIGHT SUGAR1 DALLAS IS BETTER OFF WITHOUT THE LIKES OF YOU!

Kaveman

I wish this dope would learn how to speak English!

steve

the roof, the roof, the roof is on FIRE..... no really it is... RUN!!!!

coop666

Herpes

TickedinDallas

Bottom line is someone needs to refund the ticket holders. First, Cee Lo does not show and is replaced with an inferior artist. Second, Rihanna was an hour plus late. Third, the show was cut in half thanks to a fire that could have been quickly handled (no fire extinguisher was close to the pyrotechnics). Fourth and finally, the facility and event staff had no idea what was going on as some ushers were telling people to stay and others saying get out. As for the language and Twittering, its sad, especially given what she makes and that she probably hires someone to send that out that garbage for her. Live Nation, AAC, and Rihanna should be embarrassed with the whole event/night.

Muppet

Is english her second language? Her writing skills are awful.

RICHARD

I WAS GOING TO SEE Cee Lo Green and Rihanna. It sucked and how is J Cole?

blasianangel4

I was a huge rihanna fan! Bought everything rihanna! I went to the Dallas concert. I don't understand y there's isn't more outrage because we r not getting a partial refund, another concert or even a sorry from her! I am so sad to hear that the concert I have been waiting for is just OVER..that's it.. I paid $230 for a half ass concert. I mean the first half was awesome, perfect even, but I expected her to make it right at the end of the day..n..it's not right!

Candice

There is a Rihanna Dallas Concert Reund Facebook Page Please go to that page to see how you can get your money back.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments