Coheed and Cambria Bassist

Arrested Before Gig

7/10/2011 5:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Todd, the bassist for the band Coheed and Cambria, was arrested for armed robbery after he allegedly held up a Walgreens by claiming he had a bomb ... and this all went down right before they played a show!

0710-michael-todd-mug-bn
According to police in Attleboro, MA ... Todd showed a pharmacist a cell phone note that said he had a bomb and demanded Oxycontin. He made off with six bottles of pain pills and fled via taxi.

But police say he was spotted in the cab and police were able to track it via the dispatcher ... to the Comcast Center where Coheed and Cambria were set to open up for Soundgarden.

Police said Todd was arrested without incident after he was identified by the cab driver, the pharmacist and by store surveillance video.

Todd was charged with armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics. He is being held on $10,000 bail and will be arraigned on Monday morning.

Jennifer

Well first off. Coheed isn't touring this summer because they just got done. I also checked Soundgarden's tour dates and they never ended up playing in that town OR even had Coheed open up for them. SO I don't believe this is true. You are all idiots.

Rastus

Oxy is some nice stuff. When my man got busted, I had to go to heroin and it was not as pleasant. When I got hooked on junk, I had to give it up. It was fun while it lasted. For the best effect, chew 'em up.

Unlimity

Mic's had a huge fight with addiction before. I hope he gets the help he needs, and that he can return to the band eventually. One of the original members of Coheed already left because of addiction; I just hope we don't have a repeat.

Hue Jasshole

i hear ya doug, richard christy would be an awesome addition... and sal could open up for them lol na he's a nasty drummer though

M Spot

First off..he has already been replaced by a touring member.

Secondly he didnt hold up a drug store in the same town as the show. I live in North Attleboro, Attleboro and MANSFIELD where the comcast center is are two completely different towns.

Then band already released their statement on their twitter.

dan

lots of people asking why he did it. are you stupid? he's obviously an addict and was probably dope sick. not that hard to figure out.

DestroDamus

Maybe they'll bring that other bassist back? Matt Williams!? The one they brought on the 1st time dude F'd up!!!!

Adam

Poor Mic, he's had trouble with this in the past. Looks like it's the end of the road for him now though, I can't see Claudio and the guys taking him back again.

PaulWS

Never heard of 'em, next!

Sarah

Just saw them in London, ON and they were amazing - my dad's a trucker on the tour and the whole takedown took place in front of his truck. Crazy email to wake up to.

Sarah

And Jennifer, it is true:

ostkuk

@Jennifer-Coheed is in fact on tour with Soundgarden because I just saw them the other night. Get your facts straight...who's the idiot now?

Disappointed Fan

I'm not even sad or disgusted by the addiction... I mean, it's shady, but he can overcome that if he chooses to. I'm disappointed to see the level of selfishness that he displayed. You have everything someone in a band could dream of... and you choose to take it for granted. As for his band mates, how could they not tell? Or, if they could, why not offer him the help he so very clearly needs? Or are they high too? Way to **** up your life and fail miserably. Jack Ass.

vindog

Get him some help, he is not a danger to society, he is an addict, obviously.

al

**** this junky, he knew right from wrong whether he was higysh on dope or not. i heard he needed the oxys since the band he plays in sucks balls. what a bunch of queer ***** to ruin a tour with soundgarden over oxys, and the balls of this dope head to think he could get away with armed robbery in a taxi????