« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Lights $100 Bill ... ON FIRE

7/12/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A recession-proof Floyd Mayweather Jr. literally has money to burn -- and proved it by setting a $100 bill on FIRE inside an Atlanta nightclub this weekend.

0711_floyd_mayweather_burning_money_EX
Floyd was partying with Lil Kim and Gucci Mane at the Velvet Room during the conflagration Sunday night -- and we're told, there were plenty more bills where that came from ... Floyd was rolling with STACKS of hundreds.

We should mention: it's illegal to burn money ... so if the Feds decide to pursue an investigation, Floyd could face up to six months behind bars, and, ironically, a $100 fine.

Fighting inflation, one bill at a time.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Chuck

S***bag....people are starving ,have houses destroyed by tornadoes, sick, or with sick kids and millions of others who bust their butts for a hundred bucks and this guy is burning them.Procecute him and give the fine to the people who need it.

Duncan

I have two college degrees and I was recently laid off. I have been looking for a job for months now. I can barely get an interview. I have had to ask people I love for money. Hey Floyd I know you have a great talent but stop burning money, it is not cool or powerful. Its foolish.

Chuck

@pcrnco Right on.Animal shelters desperatly need money.

mom in midwest

How selfish. So many people are struggling. $100 could make a big difference for someone trying to figure out how to afford diapers this week, or groceries or gas to get to work and this idiot is burning it.

Lilly

people in East Africa are starving and this cnut is burning money.

mizzbee

I'm still waiting someone to tell me how their personal problems are his....

(sitting enjoying "elevator music" while I wait...)

mizzbee

Envy....
ONE OF THE 7 DEADLY SINS...

Regulator

Stupid to burn money, but look who we're talking about.

I actually want to talk about the photo. Okay, a packed room of white guys like that, and one black guy walks in -- no problem. How scary would it be to be the one white guy in this room though, amiright?

This room looks like it's one second away from a "Miss Booty Bounce" competition as most thug gatherings are. I think five minutes from the time this picture was snapped, the girl with the big earrings and fuchsia dress won the title of Rumpshaker 2011.

mizzbee

BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Lee

We can all just hope that someday here in Nevada he will be roomates with OJ.

He seems to feel he is above the law. He has many charges right now to deal with here in Vegas and also law suits.

He is talanted but has no common sense and all this nonsense of his is going to come back to bite him some day.

Karma is a bitch. ;-)

BACKLASH1130

NOW I HOPE HE DO LOOSE IN HIS NEXT FIGHT!!! THE SAME WAY THE LORD GIVES IT HE WILL TAKE IT AWAY!!!!

R

Mizzbee, you are a stupid b*tch. Majority of people on here agrees that he is so stupid. He's a f*cking moron for burning $100. Please disappear, Mizzbee. Who are talking about jealousy? Nobody. We are talking about stupidity. Grow some brain, please.

KnuckleDragger

Not surprised...at all. This is *****' 101.

Ben

Floyd is bad for the boxing industry, and brings down the credibility of the sport. Dumb as a clock, huge mouth, above the law mentality, can hardly wait for him to retire. Doesn't he have any advisors with IQs over 50?

Jim

What an idiot, it was probably the only one he had.