« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Officials Won't KO Mayweather for Burning $100 Bill

7/12/2011 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It appears Floyd Mayweather is getting away with a crime ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ the boxer will NOT get prosecuted for lighting a $100 bill on fire in an Atlanta nightclub this weekend.

0712_mayweather_ATL

Reps from multiple law enforcement agencies tell TMZ ... it is HIGHLY unlikely for Floyd to be charged with a crime .... with one person telling us, "Try to find a case in recent history where a person was prosecuted for destroying ONE bill. "

An official spokesperson for the Secret Service -- the agency that enforces the money burning law -- had no comment. Ditto for the United State's Attorney's Office.

It's bad enough that Floyd is burning money when the economy is in the crapper ... but what the hell is the point of the law if it's not enforced?

So, we gotta ask ...

tmz-top-comments-banner
Sandra Sandra

I can't believe people voted that he should be prosecuted!!! Are you kidding me? Do you know how much it would cost tax payers to prosecute him?!!?! Give me a break!

mikmik mikmik

When you're a celebrity you are suppose to be a person that someone looks up to...not burning money that a lot of people don't have, yes its his money but thats just an insult for people who are hungry and homeless, at least have a conscience and be a good example.

neatx1 neatx1

you people are funny you are mad because he burned a $100 really lmfao this was the joke of the day

tmz-top-comments-banner
Sandra Sandra

mikmik mikmik

neatx1 neatx1

Punk Punk

Even Tyson wasnt this stupid. Its your money but I cant wait for the day youre broke and wish you had a hundred bucks to your name.. P.S pay your taxes!

notta notta

Might as well throw that law right out the window. There is everyone's precedence for all future actions. Although, I don't know who else would burn money like that.

JJred JJred

its just a piece of paper who gives a **** ....

BJ Rocks BJ Rocks

this just shows what a real a hole this guy is...give it to someone homeless if he has that much to burn.. what a loser!

Tim Tim

Its his money he can do whatever he wants with it whoever voted yes is jelly

simplyred41177 simplyred41177

Any U.S.dollar bill is a legal tender of America. He should be prosecuted. He could have donated it for a better cause.

kp kp

if you are arrested for being stupid there would be a heck of a lot more people in jail than there is now. He should donate some cash to the food shelf to make things right------

MoonDust MoonDust

Didn't even know that was a law. But anyways, is his loss...Seems silly to waste money and resources on this type of "crime".

DetroitRocks DetroitRocks

Make him fight Manny Pacquiao. That should be his punishment

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

E

Look, I get it, its his money. But seriously? Could you not be such a egotistical d-bag? There are people who are struggling right now with what little they make, and people who have no job and no income, and in the meantime, this guy burned a $100 bill? Just isn't right. I could have bought 2 weeks worth of groceries with that money. Or maybe helped my parents out. Instead of being an a-hole, why don't you go give it to someone who may need a warm meal or a bed to sleep in. It is bad enough we have a nation with so many financial problems, an economy in the dumps, and so on, we don't need this guy being stupid. Grow up and do something more productive with your life!

lanie

No, it would be a waste of tax payer money prosecuting him, but I must say he comes across as very arrogant and disgusting. There are children starving, people homeless and battered women displaced & he decides to burn a $100 bill?

What a jack.a.s.s.

squeakermama

Stupidity at it's best. Got money to burn? How about going outside and giving it to someone that needs it on the street?

Bob Stanley

I am Executive Director of a non profit that provides free laundry service for people with AIDS. We are really hurting for donations in this economy, and to see someone burning money makes me ill. That $100 would buy a lot of detergent or help pay our water bill. Shame on you.

mizzbee

Whoooo!! I bet the other angry people in the original Floyd Mayweather posting are heated!!

I stand by my comments though...IT'S HIS MONEY AT THE END OF THE DAY..AND IF HE CHOOSES TO WIPE ONE OF THOSE ANGRY HATERS IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD'S AUNT'S ASS WITH IT..THEN THAT'S HIS CHOICE AND/OR BUSINESS..

How are the ills of society or any other random person's monetary issues his problem???? That weight cannot be placed on his shoulders..It just can't.

Beachlover

Wow...this is the height of arrogance and selfishness. Why not drop it off at a homeless shelter, rescue mission, kids program, etc. I think this is a cautionary tale...I predict we will see a picture of him on TMZ in 10 years filing bankruptcy or being charged with some financial crime, juxtaposed next to this picture, a la Mike Tyson. You may have a lot of money, but it goes fast when you treat it like this!

Ellis

Setting this dirtbag on fire would be a better idea

your own luck

Yes, of course, this is his money but I still finding his doing this repulsive.

some guy

@mikeman

... I did vote 'yes'...

LOL

fgsd

Prosectuted? No. Spanked? Yes.

Talk about a D-bag. The last thing I want to see is tax payers flipping the bill so he can be made an example out of.

TMZ is handling that part just fine. THIS is more shaming for him than going to court. Now we can all sit back and pass on our judgments. And we have proof in the picture.

mizzbee

Ahhhh..the name calling has begun...But I'm actually proud that I haven't seen a "NGGER" being called.

.....yet.

(taps fingers while enjoying elevator music..)

Farcus

He should have been fined because he could have started a fire in a crowded nightclub, not the fact that it is against the law to burn money.
With the terrible death tolls from nightclub fires in the past, that is the main reason he should be held responsible. What an idiot.

chris

It was probably counterfeit money, about a year or so ago Crybaby Mayweather was handing out counterfeit bills at a strip club. There was a dancer who went to get gas after a she recieved money from Matweather and the gas stationed checked the bills, and they were fake. Until this punk fights Manny Paquaio he will never get any respect. He couldnt even beat up his girlfriend.

Rhubino

It's no worse than buying and drinking a $5000 bottle of wine.

oldschoolbh

The guy is my hero--he just decreased the national debt by $100.00!! Now if we could get Bill Gates and Warren Buffett to do the same!!!! Now your talking!