Halle Gets Restraining Order Against Alleged Stalker

7/12/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Halle Berry just got a restraining order against the alleged stalker who invaded her property 3 times in three days ... TMZ has learned ... and one of the confrontations is downright scary.

0712_berry_declaration_ex_tmz_4

An L.A. County Superior Court judge just issued the TRO, ordering Richard Franco to stay clear of Halle, her family and her home.

TMZ broke the story ... Franco jumped the wall of Halle's Hollywood Hills home on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  Franco was arrested late Monday night after jumping the back wall of Halle's property.

According to legal docs obtained by TMZ ... on Saturday ... Halle says she was in her garage that was converted into a salon on her property, which is detached from her home.  At some point she decided to go into the house through the kitchen to get a Diet Coke.  According to the Halle's declaration, "As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me and turned to see the intruder standing less than a foot behind me, staring through my glass kitchen door."

Halle continues, "Panicking and in fear of my life, I turned my body and quickly hit the deadbolt lock on the glass door.  I grabbed my phone and ran as fast as I could upstairs, slamming each door behind me as I ran."  She then called 911.

Halle says, "He has terrorized me and my family in three consecutive incidents over the last three days," adding, "This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love."

Halle says when she saw Franco on her property he was carrying a book with "nonsensical ramblings and my name written in his handwriting."

Franco is still in custody.

A full hearing for a permanent restraining order is set for August 1.

Beth

Damn thats scary. It sounds like a movie though huh? Thats what I was thinking when I was reading the description of what happened. She was in her own real life movie...I would be so scared if that happened to me..BUT I do agree she should of had better security if that dude is getting onto her property THREE times!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

You know she won an oscar, even though she is black (well half black).

Baldheaded Foo

Death, taxes and racism will always be with us. If this was some silly irrelevant blonde woman all the "boys" on here would be wanting to have this guy fried! But since she's black (as defined by society)she gets insults instead. I hate that comments are even allowed on these stories because you racists dominate every single one!

TrueDat

My understanding was that an restraining order does **** but what is needed in a situation like this is an order of protection. They are different....doesn't TMZ have a lawyer on staff?

asstird

halle's stalker gets a goldmedal for the highjump, wow
and another medal for being a dumbass

Wendy

And no Puerto Rican has ever come close to winning an Oscar or even a Grammy.

Christy

Now thats scary...damn freak.

PRO US

HumanNature 5 hours ago

KEEP THE "JACKASS" LOCKED UP AND THROW AWAY THE KEY!!!
----------------------------------------------------------

That's kind of a rough way to talk about Halle, don't you think?

PRO US

BarrysConspiracyWorld 4 hours ago

You know she won an oscar, even though she is black (well half black).
------------------------------------------------------------

She won an oscar even though she can't act worth two ____s.

writenow

Halle,

Get the kind of restraining order so that should the guy break it, you'll know Ahead of time.

Sugar Kitty

Yeah, WTF on her lack of security.

chsmits

good for her, no one deserves to feel unsafe.

Tania

Yeah, that's it! Bash Halle and praise the intruder. A lot of you are very ignorant.

Blue Lake

Totally crazy, a danger to society, in need of a straitjacket and medication. Halle, I mean, not the guy who is just stupid.

mo

U guys are too funny,lol.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments