'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still
071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night  -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

UPDATE: CBS just released the following statement -- "Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

Sugar Kitty

I'm not a Jeff fan and he seems homophobic, but he does have a right to his opinion. As others have pointed out, he seems to have apologized for his remarks. Now, the peeps on this thread who are running down religious folks, generalizing Americans and stereotyping people from the South or Utah, etc., are really just as bad now. Ofcourse, I'm sure they think they are not. Now as far as BB is concerned, the more Jeff and the veteran/returnee players implode, the better. I cannot stand them and wish the newbies to vote them out givin the chance.

Lauri

"Thankfully with the internet and the speed of information bigotry and ignorance are dying out. The difference is now people are being held accountable for being ignorant and are actively being called out for their bull now. Like this Danny troll. And make no mistake Danny is trolling. He knows full well that comparing homosexuality to hooking up with a plant is idiotic and will inflame temperaments. "

Exactly. And people need to stop sitting silently by while others say bigoted and hateful things. When you don't say anything about it, it's the same as you saying it because not saying anything makes that bigot think you agree with what they are saying. Sometimes peer pressure CAN be used for good.

DRH

EXACTLY!! Sexual preference does NOT belong in a kid's book!

Danny

azlee

ya know, if you were brought up around church, preaching and that it would be normal for you to feel like this. I don't think Jeff expressed himself right though.

In the old days you were brought up to try to be normal, as in everyone was heterosexual. It hasn't been that many years that gays have been able to let be known they are gay.

Jeff was expressing himself in the old way that we were raised. To be a christian and to keep kids sheltered from some of the stuff in the world. Now you can say this thinking is wrong, but it was taught and still taught. There is a whole debate on homosexuality and God. I don't know what God thinks but we know what happens down here.

I understand why Jeff tried to say what he said, he sure didn't say it right....but if you weren't so afraid to look on all sides of this, it wouldn't be such a big thing.

sunshinebear01

Also to Reality...If you read my post correctly I never once said humans changed gender. Although they do but with the aid of science it is not a naturally occurring phenomenon.

tv

So what!! He has as much right to say how he feels as the rest of you who feel counter opposite. You don't like it. Big deal! You "pc" people have a latent disrespect for any that differs with your opinion. It makes me sick!

@ reality Your comments shows either you're blatently intelectually dishonest or shear ignorance of what you are talking about.

tv

EEEWWWWW! He said something about a gay that you don't like. Oh no what are we gonna do!..... Give me a break! get over it you pathetic good for nothing pc crowd.

Dorinha

GoogaThePirate about an hour ago

If you honestly believe a dude lived inside the belly of a whale you should be locked up in a loony bin.
________________________

See "allegory".

Jack

Danny: No offense, but I've never seen anyone as ignorant as you in my life. You're making no sense. You're assuming way too much.

You probably assume I'm the stereotypical gay person. If you met me, I guarantee you'd never know I was gay. I play in a basketball league, I love sports, and there's nothing about me that makes me seem gay. I'm the least perverted person you could meet. I've fooled around in the past, but I'm technically a virgin. However, if I was straight, with my sex drive, I'd probably be sleeping around with a bunch of different girls. Haha. In actuality, I have more control over my sexuality than most people. Just because someone is gay, you can't assume they're doing whatever you think they're doing. Anyway, I've gotta go. I'm out of here.

Jack

Danny: No offense, but I've never seen anyone as ignorant as you in my life. You're not making any sense. I'm the least perverted person you could meet. You probably assume I'm the stereotypical gay person out there. I've fooled around, but technically I'm actually a virgin.. If I was straight, with my sex drive, I'd be sleeping with about 20 different girls now. Ha ha. If you met me, you'd never think I was gay. I'm in a basketball league, love sports, and being gay is just one element of my life. It's not what defines me. However, if I was straight, I'd be hitting right now. Anyway, gotta go. I'm out of here.

sunshinebear01

Danny
"I'll leave it at this: After this same-sex argument dies down, you deep-lunged whiners will be arguing the validity and legal standpoint of pedefilia and other taboos. If we can so easily see past sex, why not age? That will be the argument. We stand for nothing, thusly, we fall. we cannot say that love knows no boundaries and then try to contain it within our own ideals. we are blurred within the gray area. u can make an opinion, but if u want to blast others for theirs, u might as well drop yours. ur lifestyle is ur business, but if u want to go outside the normj of natural progression and natures design, u have no grounds to attack others who do the same."

How true!!!

getoverit

LOL, really?! Enough of the PC BS. No one should HAVE to be PC. Who cares! We live in the USA. Free speech... To each their own. If you get offended by every little thing that is said you are going to have a really long and miserable life always worrying about what someone said to someone else (not YOU).

jblue

What a hot head this guy is. And what an ignorant comment to compare homosexuality to pedophilia. He knows he is wrong, that is why he told her don't say the "right" thing and be pc. He doesn't know her well enough to judge why she disagrees with him so he slags her comment off as being pc? And it amazes me that some of the Jeff and Jordan lovers, who think they are so sweet and cute, buy this guys act of schmoozing his way through the house and excuse his behavior.

Danny

Jack, u want to call me ignorant...hmmm, looks who is falling back on name-calling now. It's all you have. Hypocrisy. You are what you claim to hate.