'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still
071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night  -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

UPDATE: CBS just released the following statement -- "Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

lee

absolutely ridiculous. for those saying that you agree with him, how is it wrong for a gay man to teach little children, yet if dumbledore was straight, its totally ok for him to be teaching little girls? being gay does not equate to being a pedophile.

Denise

Jeff has a right to his opinion and that does not make him homophobic.

The houseguests were not horrified at what he was saying as someone wrote on here. In fact Brendon and Shelly both said they agreed with Jeff but kept their mouths shut to stay out of the confrontation. Shelly even said that she was sure Kalia's sister was not too happy that Kalia was talking about her being gay on the Live Feeds.

Jimmy Ramey

So disgusted by this. I'm tired of giving people like him a platform to say things filled with hate or unacceptance. It's just so frustrating, sad, and gross considering gay youth, bullying, and prejudice. I'm so angry right now and just so tired of this.

renfox

Love Big Brother Love Jeff I agree with him , understand what he said enough said

Miamimimi

So in his mind and in cartman's I gather, it is totally ok if a selfserving, sex obsessed guy is seen on tv for millions of kids to see (yes I know the show probably runs at a late time when kids should be in bed, but people who watch BB are generally not very concerned about what their children watch and when they go to bed...)

F U

whoever agrees with Jeff you are either stupid, or you're a stereotyping piece of trash. Being a country of equality I thought anyone of any race, gender, and sexual preferences could become headmaster.

a short haired girl

yes, because all gay men are pedos and all pedos are gay.

Macabre

a short haired girl: I seriously hope you're being sarcastic. But if you are serious, then you are the most ignorant person I have ever had the misfortune of seeing in my entire life.

Hoopee

The Harry Potter books are written for kids. Sexual orientation should not be a part of the story. Rowlings only made this revelation after a long break in between books in a PR attempt to re-ignite interest in the books before the final book and movie were released. That's just pandering to the gay audience to sell books.

No homosexuality does not equal pedophilia, however everyone, including gays have to realize the impact that the Child Molesting, Pedophile Priests have had on male authority figures working with young children and public opinion.

Kalia was right for calling him out on his remark, however everyone is entitled to their opinions no matter how much we may disagree with them. You can attempt to educate them with the facts and hope for change in opinion, but ultimately it's his opinion. He's entitled to whatever opinion he chooses.

Mistydawn

I thought that in this country we had FREDOM OF SPEECH. So many people get uposet with other people because of their opinion.GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!! Just because your beliefs are different from Jeff's does not mean that his belief is wrong. His opinion is just that; HIS opinion. If you don't like it don't listen. Sticks and stones people. You need to have tougher feelings so that they don't get hurt by little words!!!

Damon

Exclude the Catholic Church and you will find that most pedophiles are married men! Often date, marry and befriend women with children that fit their preference!

Sadly, a lot get away with it because they are so close to the kidsd family!
And the kids don't feel they will be believed!

At 31 yrs old I still haven't told my family about my baseball coach molesting me @ 7yrs old. It's embarresing, not to mention I was in the same class as his son. Who would believe me he was a wealthy business owner and prominent civic leader.

I got semi-courageous in high-school and sent some anonymous angry letters threatening to expose him. It felt good to get it off my chest - not realizing I was kind of blackmailing him - or at least terrorizing him.

He committed suicide during christmas break; newspapper said the cops found his son holding the back of his fathers head where his brains were coming out.

I thought I would feel great but it was just a bit of numbness and a hope that he detroyed those letters. His son and I never really talked again when he came back to school - I avoided him, he avoided me - it was awkward! Being the first to find his dad I assumed that he knew!

Again, a married man that took advantage of a 7yr old whose parents were both working.

a short haired girl

@macabre: of course it's sarcasam

a short haired girl

*sarcasm

JAN

Stupid man-bimbo. HE shouldn't be allowed anywhere close to kids because HE might pass HIS STUPIDITY on...
fact: if you're on a reality show, you're an idiot.

Gsharon 710

It is a concern to see these posts. Homosexual rights would never even be a consideration in my life, or my beliefs, but if you want to make your statement sincere, you CANNOT say crap about homosexuals being dangerous for children in any shape form or fashion. A person's sexual life with adults, does not define good or bad leaders for children. I would never remove my child from a classroom if a teacher was homosexual, I would not refuse treatment for my child if the Doctor was homosexual, and as a nurse, I would never refuse to care for a person because he or she was homosexual. I think all the past subjects crying because of homosexual words is just about as stupid as what you are saying about the homosexuals and children.... actually what is being said now, is beyond stupid. I would NEVER consider the rights of homosexuals, but I would fight with everything I have against people who want to make a big stinking deal out of the dangers of a homosexual around children. Right now you would be the last person I would want my children around. Seeing a person's character is what is important, and character of some type is in every human being regardless of color, gender, or lifestyle. We tend to puff it up on the internet while we are behind the privacy of our homes..including not so nice words to strenghten our beliefs, but what is being said today is stupid on the internet, at home, in the street, any profession, and even if church.
Keep it real.