'Big Brother' Jeff -- Homophobic Shots At Dumbledore

7/13/2011 6:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Harry Potter' ignited a homophobic firestorm inside the "Big Brother' house ... after castmember Jeff Schroeder said he would never send his kid to a "fantasy camp" run by Dumbledore ... because he's gay. 071311_jeff_homophobe_still
071311_jeff_homophobe_still

It all went down inside the BB house last night  -- during a live feed on the Internet -- when Jeff and Kalia began talking about the fact J.K. Rowling wrote Dumbledore as a gay character.

Jeff -- shocked by the revelation -- says, "He's in a school with little kids, you can't make that guy gay!"

He added, "It isn't right to have it in a little kids book, and have the head master locked away in this magical land, be gay. That isn't the right kind of writing to do."

Kalia responded, "Why? Gay men can't work with little kids!?" ... adding, "Just because he is gay, doesn't mean there is a thing wrong with him."

This isn't the first time Jeff has been involved in a homophobic situation on the show ... back in 2009, he used a gay slur to attack a fellow housemate.

UPDATE: CBS just released the following statement -- "Any views or opinions expressed in personal commentary by a houseguest appearing on Big Brother, either on any live feed from the house or the broadcast, are those of the individual(s) speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of CBS or the producers of the program."

sgsn

This whole argument cracks me up! Talking over and over about the nasty comments about homosexuals yet making nasty comments about how everyone who doesn't think exactly like you. So many hypocrites on this board it ridiculous.

HomoNegro

She made a really good point. I hate it when people misuse the meaning of "PC". His argument made no sense, and he is obviously still living in the 40's. My brother is gay and he teachers Kindergarten. There are lots of gay/lesbian school teachers and it has no negative impact at all. People need to realize that times are changing, people come in all shapes and sizes and contorts.

Lauri

Danny is angry other people are getting laid and he's not.

Amanda

Sadly the most ardent Jeff fans see little wrong and their tactics are either playing it off as "his opinion" or attempting to deflect it by pointing out other ignorant things said by other houseguests, as if another HG's ignorance validates their golden boy's. The truth is, if it were any generally disliked houseguest (such as Brendon or Rachel) that made these vile comments the excuses wouldn't be so forthcoming.

The issue isn't that Jeff has used gay slurs in the past and is ranting about homosexuality (that merely proves he's just another bigot), it's him saying it's "perverted" that a gay man is in a position to teach children, and essentially equating homosexuality to pedophilia, that is disconcerting. It makes me shake my head in disgust that an adult can have such uneducated views in this day and age.

Danny

Jack, in all honesty, I don't give a damn what you say. What's taboo today, will be tomorrow's "hot to try" scenario. We're so accepting and "tolerant" that anything goes. Maybe not today, but give it time. What you are talking about is abusing freedom and perverting love.
Plus, look at Alexander the Great, and other leaders of the Roman Empire, and various other groups. The warlords held relations with younger boys to show "godly" dominance and power
630 BC – Dorian aristocrats in Crete adopt formal pederastic relations between adult princes and adolescent boys, with the double aim to educate the youths and curb population growth; see Cretan pederasty.
Plato, a widely know thinker, said that, "Only with men can the Greek male reach his full intellectual potential."
NOTHING ABOUT LOVE!!!

GoogaThePirate

Thankfully with the internet and the speed of information bigotry and ignorance are dying out. The difference is now people are being held accountable for being ignorant and are actively being called out for their bull now. Like this Danny troll. And make no mistake Danny is trolling. He knows full well that comparing homosexuality to hooking up with a plant is idiotic and will inflame temperaments.

DRH

Last I heard you are entitled to your own opinion in this country, and when someone brings it up, thier opinion is a valid to them as mine is to me. In other words truly, who gives a flying fig. People just want to rag on others, makes them feel superior. So now go at me, I don't shiv a git!

go home!

I love Jeff. He is hilarious and very real and down to earth. He was totally right with the "PC for TV" comment. I get the point he was trying to make, no big deal...it's actually a good point.

Other than that.... Danielle Donato looks like crap with that black hair and looks like she is a druggie. Wish she was not on this year.

Amanda

He apologized to Kalia? How did that go, "I'm sorry that I think gays are kiddy diddlers"? He'll have more apologizing to do when he exits the house/sequester.

deb

He was trying to see and clarified later on the live feeds that someones sexual preference has no place in a children's book. Shame on TMZ for not telling the whole story and just showing a short clip.

sgsn

@ Amanda...I am a Jeff fan but that doesn't mean I agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. However I also don't agree with people acting all offended about what he said while going on a rant and saying nasty things about Jeff or his girlfriend. Jordan didn't say anything at all yet numerous times people on here have called her stupid. Is that right? I was raised that two wrongs don't make a right. Whether you agree or not, again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

GoogaThePirate

Opinions can be wrong. Furthermore basing opinions on factually incorrect information and then using that incorrect information to espouse a viewpoint that creates a dangerous environment for LGBT folks is WRONG.

It is his manner of thinking that homosexuals are automatically pedophiles that leads to homosexuals being beaten and bullied. How many more Harvey Milk's need to be assassinated or Mathew Shepards need to be tortured and murdered because of this environment of hysteria and fear?

END THE IGNORANCE

Ashley

Who cares what some idiot on a reality show says. Is this really newsworthy? As a gay women this does not offend me at all, he is allowed to have his opinion as I am allowed to have mine.

sunshinebear01

Reality: I have not once judged anyone or any person or belief in this forum. I have merely stated FACTS. I believe in God but have not room for organized religion in my life. Not only was I raised Pentecostal but I am also Gay. the word "sunshine" in my user name refers not to any ideologic theory you may have. It is simply a reference to the Carebears from when I was a child. Life in itself is a gift and how we as individuals choose to live our lives is up to us. We may have free will to believe what we want but how we are born and is not a free will given to mankind. Yes I am tolerant but I have learned to be as such. as for your comment about how we are raised determines our outcome in life, it is crap. The reason the gay population has seemingly skyrocketed since you were an adolescent is because of fear of judgement. The same goes with interracial dating and or marriages. People are not afraid to be who they truly are anymore. As for boys being raised by single moms I know a number of people not just guys that were raised in a healthy heterosexual two parent home that are gay. I know less that were raised in single family homes than in two parent homes. without research to back up your claims you are just pissing in the wind, so to speak. I do agree that among the teenage population lesbianism has become a fad, however homosexuality has been a part of our history dating back to the Roman empire. It did not become recognized until the 1940's and was not publicized in an activistic way until the 1970's. Either way I see it Since your childhood people have just turned a blind eye to the whole fact that (sorry about the cliche') We're here and we're queer!! Simple as that.

Lizabeth

If they would check facts before jumping the guns, he would not be a fool on TV.
First, the gay comment from JK Rowling on Dumbledore was made at an appearance in some University.
Second, it was not stated in the book, so dude, chill out!
Third, it's a fantasy fictional book. It's not real!
Just like this ridiculous show! You can tell his IQ is in the double digit.