« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Star RIPS Commish: I'd Let Him Burn to Death

7/13/2011 9:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pittsburgh Steelers defensive juggernaut James Harrison just BLASTED NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, claiming, "If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it."

0713-james-harrison-roger-goodell-bn

Harrison -- the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year -- unloaded in a brand new interview with Men's Journal -- adding, "I hate [Goodell] and will never respect him." Harrison also calls Goodell an anti-gay slur, a "crook," a "devil," a "puppet," and a "dictator."

Goodell famously fined Harrison $100,000 for illegal hits last fall -- making Harrison one of the most heavily-fined players ever in a single season.

But Goodell isn't the only one Harrison targets in his rant -- the Steeler also blasts fellow teammates Ben Roethlisberger and Rashard Mendenhall, whom he calls a "fumble machine."

Referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions during the Super Bowl, Harrison says, "Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

As you may recall, Harrison famously picked off Kurt Warner in Super Bowl 43 and ran it back 100 yards for a touchdown ... the longest play in Super Bowl history.

The NFL is currently in a lockout after the players failed to reach a collective bargaining agreement with the league's owners.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

caleb jones

This dude has some serious anger issues.and he's now divided the locker room.dumbass

shagrath

according to mens journal, harrison just ripped his own QB ben
espn reports he contacted ben and said " dude they twisted my words around"..
lesson learned dumb azz, STFU

dgh

He sounds so classy its a good thing he can play football or he would end up being another statistic in the ghetto.

Bleedenblackandgold

What a jack ass! I am so upset with several of his comments. Fire his ass Mr. Rooney!!!! One thing the Steeler Nation has is unity. If he is going to talk about other players and the commissioner in public, he needs to go. Who does he think he is....T.O.? What he says about Goodell may be true, but keep it in private. Also the gay slur. I am a proud Fruit Fly and that is uncalled for. It shows his complete lack of tolerance for a group he clearly knows nothing about! I hope they give him the two F's Fire and Fine!!!

Bleedenblackandgold

kevin

i love watching the Steelers and Penguins bite the dust... it is so deserved. The Steelers missed the playoffs in 09 and lost tthe superbowl in '10.. not been a good two years lol

tiff

@Jay I’m glad you appreciate smart women. Alas, I’ve had to cut way back on my dating since I got married but thanks for the offer. I take your lack of any relevant response to mean that you agree that “I was testing you” is the lamest of all possible excuses for assuming as stupid a position as that the NFL is akin to slavery.

Steve

@Jay.....We should sit down sometime, here in Cary, and discuss why ignorant white people offend you so much, have you looked at how we act in the media, it's embarassing. Maybe if we acted better and stopped giving them fuel for their hate, things may improve. I talk to some of the folks here in Raleigh and all they want to do is blame the white man for all of their troubles, it is sickening. I see the looks I get all over the place but you know what, for every look I get my white friends get the same look from black people when they are in "their" neighborhoods, with me!

Reality

@Steve- Go to Bossip dot com and tell me the comments there have NOTHING BUT HATRED FOR "WHITEY." Tit for tat my friend. Whites are the new black people, and vice versa. Bunch of hypocrites.

Reality

Actually, that last comment was for Jay. Man, both you guys are in my neighborhood. I'm currently near Apex. Just moved from Cary, I lived off Maynard. 'PACK FAN RIGHT HERE.

Steve

@Reality.....Huh? Tit for tat, about what, racism? It's not a contest, racism is and always will exist. Black, white, Asian, Mexican, it does not matter, one group will find a reason to hate another group, largely based on ignorance. I am on this site because I was taken here from a link about the article of a pro athlete, not really into the gossip thing! Do you want to know the difference in what you are referring to, most millionaire white people like to be anonymous as much as possible, most black millionaires for the need to play the part of gangster to still get the sales and street cred to keep them wealthy. 2 different cultures, always will be, but hell it's 100 times better than 50-60... years ago!

Leslie

Why couldnt this come out last week when I was vacationing with my Steeler-loving brother in law who always brings up Ray Lewis.

Jay

lol! I live in Ct now, but my whole family is down there in NC. They r all over NC like Apex, Holly Springs, Fuauay Varina, New Hill.. @ Steve my cousins & uncles have season tickets to the wolfpack football games, I went to wolpack vs VT & Wolfpack vs BC this pass year, and I will be down there again for two weeks in sept. @reality Giants fan here lol

John Bark

These narcissistic morons need to life suspensions and heavy fines.

Some day this child might grow up. Right now he's just a crybaby.

shagrath