Artie Lange

I'm Hoping for

Howard Stern's Support

7/14/2011 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Artie Lange is FIRED UP about the possibility of returning to a full-time radio gig -- and tells TMZ he's very confident his old boss Howard Stern will have his back. 071411_artie_lange_v3_still

Lange was outside Dan Tana's in Hollywood with his friend and potential new radio partner Nick DiPaolo last night -- when we asked how Howard would feel about his on-air comeback.

"Howard's the greatest guy in the world" ... Artie said ... adding, "He's been supportive of everything that's happened and he's been a good man to me ... so hopefully he'll be supportive of this ... but you never know."

As TMZ first reported, the people behind Artie's project are hoping to lock a deal that would nationally simulcast the new show on DirecTV and Fox Sports Radio.

So far, we're told ... no official deal has been reached.

Lisa in Florida

I can't wait for Artie to go back to Howard. I hope it all works out and Artie stays clean. My morning will be complete if Artie comes back..

Ray

Howard sucks, he is a tired old man, lost his listeners, cars automatically have Sirius He claims them as his listeners. Long live Artie Lange.

Ron

moe 39 minutes ago

I never understood why Howard Stern ever hired this fat, unfunny, untalented bastard.
********************************************
because you weren't available

DEEZNUTZ

I wish he would come back on the show, but it is a long shot. Howard is a realist, and he knows the show is an enabler for Artie. He does not want what happened before to happen again at the least little bit, so I do not think Artie will be back no matter how much Howard loves Artie.

the whole mess is a damn shame.

Delaware the useless state

Hey Delaware D go **** yourself Howard is better than even.

helene

If you are planning to go back to radio,why wouldn't you go back to the preson that gave you your career Howard Stern.this new show is not going to make it.

Criss

Why? Howard's show hasn't been funny or good since the late 90's.

Jorge Perez

Arite was no one before he was on Howard. Artie is famous because Howard's fans are so loyal and just support anything related to the show. He was on a mediocre SNL rip off show, had bit parts in crappy movies (except Old School), and is a total hack comedian. The only reason he is even getting this shot to host another show is because Howard put him on the radio. Artie is just another coattail riding hack comedian that will be forgotten in the next couple of years (cough, JACKIE). In the mean time Howard will still have his loyal fan, as well as his staunch haters. The bottom line is, wether you feel Howard is relevant or not, Artie would be nothing without him.

brent

I think Howards take will be "I am happy for Artie, I wanted him back, but Sirius wouldn't accept the risk - my beef is with Nick. I gave him a show, and he takes my guy to another platform? Either way I am still pissed at Sirius, so I could not care less"

Jake

Artie's such a talentless "loser". Watch him while he's acting and he looks & sounds like he's acting....that's not a talented actor. Listen to his comedy and his jokes are the same as what I heard from my friends over and over again in junior high and high school...not a talented comedian. Listen to him on radio and he's constantly wrong with his facts. Oh, and then there's the quality of his character...addict, liar, etc. See ya Artie...take care...

Anonyme

What are you talking about?? Howard NEVER offered Nick D a show. They had him fill in a few times on 101 but NEVER offered him a show. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Artie needs his former boss' permission to ever work again. Do you ask your boss from a year ago when you get a job offer? Jesus.

Jean

What? When did Howard ever give Nick a show??? I know Howard had Nick FILL IN a couple of times, like plenty of other people did, but NEVER gave him a show. I'm not understanding why anyone cares where Artie goes. He is NOT ON the Stern show anymore and hasn't been for a long time. Why is he never allowed to work again? He doesn't need permission from his former boss to work again!

jj

Beth is a horseface.

*Dawn*

I'll follow you Artie

BethIsaHorse

Artie doesn't need Howard's support. Artie is a real talent, and Howard is just a fraud that rips off other people's talents.
Howard only cares about himself and no one else.

Rock on Artie, forget Howard and his boring ass show and his horsefaced wife.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments