Artie Lange

I'm Hoping for

Howard Stern's Support

7/14/2011 6:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Artie Lange is FIRED UP about the possibility of returning to a full-time radio gig -- and tells TMZ he's very confident his old boss Howard Stern will have his back. 071411_artie_lange_v3_still

Lange was outside Dan Tana's in Hollywood with his friend and potential new radio partner Nick DiPaolo last night -- when we asked how Howard would feel about his on-air comeback.

"Howard's the greatest guy in the world" ... Artie said ... adding, "He's been supportive of everything that's happened and he's been a good man to me ... so hopefully he'll be supportive of this ... but you never know."

As TMZ first reported, the people behind Artie's project are hoping to lock a deal that would nationally simulcast the new show on DirecTV and Fox Sports Radio.

So far, we're told ... no official deal has been reached.

Yogui

What sports does Artie know? drink 48 ox of beer in 30 seconds?.

I mean he had a great deal with Howard Stern, millions, sports?? he is not going to make the same money for at least years if he can make it at least the first year.

Only a drunk could mess up what he had with Howard Stern.

His new show will feature some drunkish point of view of sports? C'mmon.

NEIL SHANAHAN

PLEASE ARTIE, SAVE THE HOWARD STERN SHOW! ITS BEEN HORRIBLE SINCE U HAVENT BEEN ON....PLEASE!!!!!!

Tiina

Im soo happy Artie is coming back to radio. And of course Howard will support him....Artie earned his seat with Howard and after what he's struggled through this past year can only show he is determined to stay in the business and stay healthy. But I do miss him on Howard :(

T

Hey Artie, you look great! That comment about the chicken parm was a hello to all of Artie's loyal fans. I cannot wait for Artie to be back on the air and talking about his daily adventures. Hey Sal or Richard,I know its vacation week but I would love to hear your'e thoughts on this.

Gloves

Emotional Friend tee :D

Amy

Anyone who left ****ty comments about Artie or Howard needs to get their heads out of their asses! Juts because you can't afford satellite radio doesn't mean they suck you ****tards!! Howard is still as relevant as ever, and Artie ******* rocks!!

Jackie

That dude in the black sweater behind Artie is hot!

ChefRuss

Dang!

Thought he had died. He's a waste of space. He'll lie like he always has. he's not funny. Him, nick and fox are perfect for each other. Low rent wannabes

dinkusmayhem

why is artie going to go on the air with nick dipaolo or whatever his stupid name is? he the worse. pwned!

Joeming

Good Luck Artie. Wish you all the best! Maybe you will get to promote this new project Howard. Miss all your funny stories!

Criss

Maybe Howard just needs more days off. Perhaps that was the "revolution" he was talking about when he still had nearly to years left on his terrestrial contract, but had to make the announcement after O&A did it first.

Vernon P. Alarcon

fat fools funniest moment is when he stabbed himself.....LOSER

MariJoy

@Delaware SUX - Unfortunately, I HAVE listened to his garbage and now I'll never get my seven minutes back.

Sorry I don't think laughing at disabled people is funny - what is there about his show that the average 7th grader would not laugh at?

No thanks, really...If there is anything more to "get" about his schtick, I'll pass.

steve

howard isn't artie's bro. FIIIIIIYA!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4