Bret Michaels' Super Cruise

Super Canceled

7/15/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fans of Bret Michaels will no longer be able to worship their rock god on the high seas in November ... because the singer's "Super Cruise" has officially been CANCELED!

0714-bret-michaels-canceled

The cruise was billed as a 4-day round-trip voyage out of Miami -- and Michaels promised to be "out and about" with the fans ... signing autographs, mingling and even guest bartending.

But Tuesday, fans received an official cancellation notice from the cruise company citing "lack of participation."

But Bret blames the whole thing on a "less-than-reputable promoter" -- who "feels he can take advantage of both artists and fans."

Michaels -- who is currently touring with Poison and Motley Crue -- explains, "I want to reassure everyone that I have went out of my way to try and make this the best fan cruise on the high seas ... Know that I am working hard to right this wrong."

Bret also ensures fans, "All money will be refunded to you."

dimes

"I have went out of my way" ?

Oh, dear.

Meowza

Lack of participation= no one wanted to go!!!

Bubba

He'd better see to it that all money is refunded.

Razamataz

I soo wanted to go too.

Sparkle

Unfortunately it's been clear for a while now that the ticket sales for the cruise were not doing well. It's certainly not for a lack of interest though. Bret has millions of adoring fans and plays sold out shows just about every night. Poor promotion, poor organization and outrageous prices are to blame.

jensambo

I never even knew about this cruise. I am a fan, I would have gone. I guess lack of promotion is true.

Franc

"Have went"? That's reason to cancel right there. Next time do it in a canoe.

Kookamonga

I totally believe him. He is someone who is naturally gregarious and enjoys people. If the cruise was not selling, it is a direct reflection of the company that is supposed to be marketing it. It is obvious the promoter did a lousy, lazy job of engendering interest through a long-term, well-conceived targeted marketing campaign.

makeitstop

When is this guy going to slow down?

Puckett

I'm devastated! I've waited all of my life for this opportunity and now this.

wasted days and wasted nights

Seems like a nice gent. Hope everybody gets a cowboy hat as a consolation prize.

Becky

He should have booked it with Rose Tours they have alot of fan cruises

boohoo

He probably would have had more, if he would dump his ugly girlfriend.

Christine

Dimes, my sentiments exactly.

Puckett

Google's cache of bretmichaelscruise.com is pretty funny. Who goes on a Bret Michaels cruise? lol

Hmmm the iCarly cruise sold out no problem, and Miranda wasn't even on it. But then she makes $180K episode! lmao Sam and Freddy not so much. It's amazing how little Disney and Nickelodeon kids make doing episodic TV.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments