« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Muska's Sponsor: Chad's 'N' WORD Was NOT Racist

7/14/2011 11:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chad Muska's skateboard sponsor is totally cool with the fact he hurled the 'N' word during his arrest -- saying it's ok because Chad used an "a" and not an "er" ... at the end of the racial epithet.

0714_element_chad_muska_getty_ex

A rep for Element Skateboards -- Muska's sponsor since 2006 -- tells TMZ, "There is a major difference between n**ga and n***** and it's totally obvious he is not being racial at all."

The rep goes on to say Chad has Element's full support.

As TMZ first reported, the legendary pro skateboarder was busted for felony vandalism on Hollywood Boulevard early Thursday morning -- and repeatedly spewed the slur during his arrest.

As for the alleged vandalism -- the rep says it was a mistake ... "especially in front of security guards."

So if the guards weren't there ... no problem?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Scott

the fact that he said "honky" is your answer!

NelsonH

Not a fan of the N word in any form or context, but from what I've seen of Muska in the pro skating world it's highly, highly unlikely the man is a racist. I personally can't stand that the N word with "a" at the end has become another word for "dude" or "man". No one should ever use it, including African Americans; but to reiterate the point Chad Muska is not a racist as far as I know and I've followed his career for a decade at least.

juggaloszuch

HOW IS "*****" NOT RACIST YET "******" IS? I PROMISE YOU THAT IF YOU GO INTO ANY GHETTO OR AREA WITH AN ABUNDANT AMOUNT OF BLACK PEOPLE AND YOU'RE WHITE AND START SHOUTING "*****, *****, *****, *****" YOU WILL STILL GET SHOT JUST AS MUCH IF YOU WERE TO HAVE SAID "******, ******, ******, ******"

STOPBEINGIGNORANT

To the ignorant commentors with the "its in rap music" argument. Please stop.. Do you understand that not all black people like rap ? Or that not all blacks call each other ***** ? Is it that insane that a person doesn't want to be called a word that not only connotes racism, but also has deep connections with hatred, disrespect, and torture? Especially when it comes from a person that is of the race connected to that history of hatred...
Cmon...

S

If ******s can say the word with no problem, why can't anyone else? Besides, he said ***** which every ****** & wigger say all the time.

Melissa

Wooow!! ******* wow! Ppl are saying that his N word wasnt racist but if it was Chris Brown saying "gay" then he's all type of stuff!! SMFH

truth hurts

Thanks Melissa...You are so right! I know that if anyone calls me bit*h, Ni**a or anything that is not my name or meant positively. You best believe it's offensive. I'm a grown woman and I don't understand why some disrespectful old white bastards think it's ok to call me girl. It's disrespectful!!

At the end of the day we have the golden rule. Do unto others. So I guess I should walk around calling white folks Ni**a and Cracka and white trash whore like Britney Bit*h

summerdoll

I have met Chad Muska and so have my kids, he is nothing but COOL! I know he would never mean it as disrespect,,, he came to VA Beach, VA, and he chilled with the kids,, skated with them,, NO security,, just acted like a regular guy,,and kids of all ages and race LOVE him! I think for the most part- where I live anyways- most people can say that word and its not a big thing,, unless youre totally redneck about it all,, then,, well,, then be pissed... Just sayin,, dont judge someone because of the media hype- Chad is a really good guy in real life! :)

connor

"especially in front of security guards." i believe this was ment sarcastically because every skateboarder hates security guards and yelling and swearing at security is part of our lives.

K. Eliz

LMAO, Elemne Skateboards backs Muska because blacks aren't their market demographic. How can you say it wasn't racist when a white guy shouts "F*** all these N****s", so because he said it without the "E" it wasn't racist? Are you kidding. Just gives me a totally different opinion about that skateboard company and how far they will go to justify nonsense.

dirkjerk

lol you people know nothing. Johnny Schillereff (founder of element) started a rap group with LIL JON (and a bunch of other black kids)over 20 years ago and started a skate company called UNDERWORLD Element (later shortened to just element) which was one of the first skate teams based on hip hop with all inner city team riders. Chad Muska grew up in the ghetto with mostly black kids, used to have a company called "ghetto child" and was probably the most thugged out dude in skateboarding for a good 15 years. this willie nelson, artist kick is something new, but the fact remains that this dude makes more money in a month than most of you make in ten years. if he wants to wile out and act a fool thats what he's gonna do

rich

OK when did it become ok for a white to call us *****s again, its NOT OK IF UR WHITE, PERIOD! For anyone who thinks they can call us *****S, I say if u can say it to us in a room full of us and make it out unharmed or touched, then I guess u can, But u all know that is not the case so SHUT THE F%^$ up before we have to show yall why it is not ok to call us *****S!

truth hurts

He must not be too good o*****uy if he's tagging his name other other peoples property and calling the men who are just trying to do there jobs pejorative names.

YoungJDW

WHITE PEOPLE!!! For the 1 millionth time. When Black people call each other ***** its a tearm of endearment like dude is to white people. We (Blacks) have a shared history and culture which makes it non offensive. White people dont have that history. IT WILL NEVER BE ACCEPTABLE FOR YOU TO USE THE N WORD NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

Jeff

So it is quite fine for your company to allow someone that represents your brand to throw around the words "******" or "*****" to two hard working Black men as they try to do their duty.
They did not condemn his actions nor the fact that an idol too many of us America's youth was so wasted and defacing private property.
This is not a matter of whether he is racist or not but of respect for these two hard working security officers he disrespected on camera. Where are their apologies?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5