« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal -- I'm A Pro Commentator Now!

7/14/2011 10:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Didn't take long for Shaq to find a new gig ... the recently retired NBA superstar just signed a brand new deal to become a full-time analyst on TNT.

Shaq announced he signed a multi-year deal with Turner Sports -- and will sit alongside Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Ernie Johnson to cover NBA regular season and playoff games on TNT, NBA TV and NBA.com.

Of course, Shaq released a video statement online -- saying, "I know you heard the big announcement, about to join TNT. Ernie, Kenny, Charles! I'll be seeing you soon! Get ready ... commentatin' and all."

No word on how much $$$ Shaq will rake in from the deal ... but we're guessing he doesn't come cheap.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mel

WOW. How can someone that has committed so many crimes against innocent people keep getting away with it. Shame on TNT for rewarding Shaq I hope they let him off for his upcoming trials with Shawn Darling and Vanessa Lopez.

South Beach

This guy can't speak any better than he can free throw. He sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles.

ohreally

How can you not like Shaq?

Hahahaha

cliffcoast

I love Shaq, but he is too smart and way to classy to work next to Charles Barkley.

Why have you become so "Tebow Tired" Mr. Barkley?

What could it be; not his hair color or anything immature and feeble minded as that! So, I thought I would ask some people that would know and I just can't believe it. I can't believe what I'm hearing. I won't believe it until I hear it from you. So, I thought I'd just ask you myself.

I've done some research and can find no evidence that you ever mentioned being "Tiger Tired". Back in the day everyone, including you, talked and talked about Tiger. He was everywhere you looked. But never “Tiger Tired”.

So why so "Tebow Tired"?

Sincerely, I am,

J. Cliff Graham

cliffcoast

He has too much class to sit next to Charles barkley. Does anyone really care what Charles Barkley has to say? Is this possible? I mean this is a man that, if not for his ability to play basketball, would be living in his Mom's extra bedroom or in jail. Seriously consider the man and how he behaves, the statements he's made and what he's done in his life on and off the court. Just think about it for a minute.

An associate tells me his latest brainiac statement is that he has become so "Tebow Tired" ? Wow ! Like Tim Tebow or anyone smarter than an earthworm cares that Charles Barkley is tired of hearing about Tim Tebow. Gee! Wonder why, you may ask yourself. Would it be his faith and expression of faith or maybe the way he plays ball. Could it be that he comes from a great family, has a great relationship with his Father and Mother. His friends, family and former teammates all respect and say great things about him. He made great grades in both high school and college and has been a very charitable person even before becoming famous. Most of the Christabel activities he does never makes print. So what could it be?

I've done some research and can find no evidence that he ever mentioned being "Tiger Tired". Back in the day everyone, including Charles Barkley, talked and talked about Tiger. He was everywhere you looked. But never Mr. Barkley was never “Tiger Tired”. So why so "Tebow Tired"?

If you honestly take Charles Barkley for anymore than, formerly, a good basketball player, I would suggest you just enjoy yourself, and make sure you catch up on your episodes of Divorce Court, Jerry Springer or whatever silly, hateful garbage you thrill over.

Sincerely, I am,
J. Cliff Graham

Dwayne E. Harris

This is for the Big-Man Mr.Shaq : I met you on HWY 50 East bond after making a U-turn, I caught up to you and your Queen on a three wheeler ,I was attempting to expose you to an IDEA (ME), and you said I'll catch you later~with your kevin Garnett looken-ass...
Respect For A Woman : Once upon a time in Life~ I viewed all Woman~ as I did so my wife. I've since those days~ come to understand and know~ that all Women are to be Respected~ fore it is through Them~ that we~ are all allowed to grow, from that~ state of ignorance~ to being Warm, Loving, Understanding, and True. To Acknowledging Her~ with the Utmost Respect~ because~ this is what She is Due. To envision such Peace~ within Her eyes~ brings comfort to the beholder~ while encouraging his stride. And To Hear The Wisdom~ come through Her voice~ desolves jealousy, hatred, envy, and lust. These are the things that I've come to know ~ in regards~ to A Woman~ and~A Queen~ who Enlightenend me~ so much so~ that today~ I'm A KING~ with a Light of Life~ that Glows.
By: Dwayne E. Harris / B.K.A. Sha'kil Kabanu PEACE