« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shane Mosley Wife Gets Championship Belts in Divorce

7/14/2011 11:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sugar Shane Mosley has been forced to give up 3 championship belts -- to his wife ... in his divorce!

0714_shane_mosely_ex_1

TMZ has obtained Sugar Shane's divorce settlement documents and -- if you've been divorced -- we're betting his is a lot different.

The settlement provides that ex-wife Jin "shall maintain custody and control of three championship belts for each of the respective parties' three minor children."  Each of the kids get a belt when they turn 18.

And Jin will get half of Sugar Shane's cut of profits from videotapes and DVDs of his big fights, including bouts with Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto and Fernando Vargas.

Since the divorce was filed in California and community property rules apply, Jin gets half of Sugar Shane's fight purses during their marriage.  But luckily for Sugar, his big fight against Manny Pacquiao was held after the couple separated, so his $3 mil is his alone.

And get this ... the couple accumulated 854,410 American Express points during their marriage, and she gets half.   To put that in perspective, for Jin's 427,205 points, she can buy either an industrial generator or a 10-speed bike.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

I'm sorry, but he earned those belts. Not his ex idiot wife. It is easier to just kill her than to give her half. I'm sorry, but If I ever get a divorce, my wife is not getting half of everything I own. Not going to happen. This no fault divorce crap doesn't work. It really is cheaper to kill them, than to divorce them.

Slick

I thought this was a divorce settlement. Why are the kids getting his belts? That doesn't make any sense what so ever. These kids shouldn't have any rights to any of his property, other than his support and love.
Slick

Stella Blue

Those are his belts to decide if and when his children should get them... This is just unfair imo.

I am Spartacus

you people don't seem to understand. She's not just getting all of this because she was just his wife. She ran his career. She knew every penny he made, she was the one doing his deals, she made him a lot of money.

YouDontSay

I don't care who you are or where you are from....that's not right!

andre

why i'll never marry, her job is to suck **** and baby sit, and she gets half, she should take half the punches too

The Kid Gus

"Some of you might not realize that Jin was his business manager, she wasn't just his wife. So she isn't just getting all of this for being his wife, but also for running his career."

@ I Am Spartacus

This case is ridiculous. Shane, get a new lawyer and appeal.

Will

My advise to men -Get a vasectomy ASAP! hide all your assets, like if you own a home put it under your moms name or a trusted relative, do the same for everything of value you own and keep it a secret, second avoid getting married at all cost, that way you wont get screwed by women! The justice system will screw you if you have kids cause you will automatically lose custody cause you are a man unless she is a crack whore or something and you can prove it! She will keep cars, furniture, bank accounts and child support so be smart and dont have kids or get married. Have a long happy life my friends, and you are welcome for the free advise. I really mean it.

I am Spartacus

"So when I fire my manager I have to give him/her half of everything I earned while managed by said leach? Uhm, NO. Managers get paid during the term they are a manager. When I fire them they cease to get paid off of me.

This case is ridiculous. Shane, get a new lawyer and appeal."
-------

not unless you're married to your manager. It gets trickier when thats the case because she handled all his business so she knows everything about him from the steroids he took to the very last dime of every contract he signed while he was with her.

It appears she's pretty much getting half of everything. Mosley has won well more than 3 different types of belts in his career. He's won the IBF Lightweight Title, WBC and IBA Welterweight titles, WBC, IBA and WBA Light Middleweight titles and The Ring Magazine Junior Middleweight title, WBC interim Welterweight title, WBA Welterweight, WBA Inter-Continental Light Middleweight title, and WBA Super World Welterweight title.

By my count he's won 11 different belts (some of which he's won multiple times). So her getting 3 titles to hold for their kids should not be a big issue. Thats not even half of the belts he has.

JD

Whose his lawyer Hiram Katz? (Curb Reference)

NelsonH

Never get married and if you happen to fall into that trap, never get divorced. A man is ruined financially from divorce. Laws need to change in this country.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Why anyone would mix finance and emotion is beyond me. Marriage is for fools and dreamers.

jam88

THIS IS SOME BULL****!! PERIOD!!

Avi

I don't know about you, but I never saw that broad in the ring mixing it up with anyone.

J

How many belts does he have? If he has 6 belts, and she's only holding on to 3 for his children, would that be unfair? If she put them in each child's room, would you be calling her all these names?

Since she was his manager, what if she realizes that he's crap with money, and the money might go down the drain and he might sell his belts, leaving his kids with nothing?

Moreover, the settlement was MEDIATED! If HE thought it was unfair, he could've taken it to court, but he didn't. HE AGREED TO IT!

So, I don't see what's unfair. I don't understand why you are all up in arms about this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments