Jane Fonda

QVC Axed Me

Over Possible Protests

7/16/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jane Fonda's controversy in Vietnam is almost 40 years old ... yet she claims QVC canceled her appearance at the last minute because of fears of protests from disgruntled viewers.

0716_Jane_Fonda_TMZ_bn
Jane was supposed to appear this morning to promote her new book, "Prime Time." But Fonda posted a blog on her site this morning claiming QVC gave her the boot because "they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear."

For all you youngins ... Fonda was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun during a visit to Vietnam in 1972. The incident has dogged her for years, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

Emails to QVC were not immediately returned.

obama'saracist

Hanoi jane will never be forgiven she betrayed men dying for our country.whether you believe in the war or not those men were being tortured and killed and she betrayed them

some guy

I just Wiki'd Jane Fonda. Read about "Hanoi Jane."

Really despicable to lash out at returning POW's.

Since when does "oppose the war" mean it's ok to support the other side?

lou

But you did, Jane. You went to enemy territory and took PR photos with the enemies. That's called being a traitor. Protesting the Vietnam War was one thing - colluding with the enemy quite another. You crossed the line, Jane, and you get what you deserve.

sayhi2karma

She must think we were all born last week. Or it's all "forgiven" now that we were stupid enough to elect a president who hung out with anti-American trash. Well we didn't forget, and she was quite vocal about it in her time. 40 years and whatever level of Alzheimer's later, you still did it. I guess you only thought you'd have to live with it until you got "older" and then you could change your history to fit the current times.

Puckett

"In her blog, Fonda went on to say, "Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

---

PSSST, Jane! It's been going on for so long because of your life long refusal to accept responsibility for your actions and apologize. Got it?

sayhi2karma

Maybe you could peddle Rice Cookers and exercise videos on QVC Hanoi.

Jason

IM GLAD! Traitor ******* whore! Maybe you can run an ad for the ******* Taliban! Bitch!

Elsa

Once a spoiled brat, always a spoiled brat.
You are the epitome of all the gross, pseudo intellectual, never held a hard job, hipster doofus punks, who piss in the face of all the brave people who fought to give you an amazing way of life... and all you can do is royally treat it like garbage, with you pig nose held high in the air. And why is that?... cus people of her ilk, never have or will have the stuff to make things happen. So they rather dismiss it out of pure jealousy, then praise it. She reeks of lameness.

some guy

Wow... starting to feel bad about the jokes I made.

Should've done my research before I started trolling.

Apologies to 'Nam vets.

Bleh!

Ah yes, Hanoi Jane. The vets that you betrayed are the ones that fought for the freedom that you are cruising on now, HJ.

Jason

Man this blog got me fired up today...I CANNOT STAND THIS WOMAN.

Jane your blog proves one thing. You still--even today are making excuses, spitting in the face of EVERY single Vietnam Veteran. You make me SICK TO MY STOMACH. I literally cannot stand you. I cant stand to look at this wrinkly-ass photo either.

Now Im going to go take my morning Jane and wipe my Fonda.

JJ

I will be one more that boycotts if they let her go on there! She is a traitor & should be in prison for life!!

Tom

She did a LOT worse than just that photograph. She is a traitor.

R

TMZ, you say "For all you youngins" and then you go on to make it seem like the ONLY anti-American thing she did was that picture! Get your facts, all the facts, and then attempt to inform the "youngins".

Ih8Taxes

She is a traitor and never should have been allowed back in this country. It's OK to protest, it's one of our great freedoms, but to give aid and comfort to the enemy is inexcusable, no matter how long ago it occurred.