Jane Fonda

QVC Axed Me

Over Possible Protests

7/16/2011 5:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jane Fonda's controversy in Vietnam is almost 40 years old ... yet she claims QVC canceled her appearance at the last minute because of fears of protests from disgruntled viewers.

0716_Jane_Fonda_TMZ_bn
Jane was supposed to appear this morning to promote her new book, "Prime Time." But Fonda posted a blog on her site this morning claiming QVC gave her the boot because "they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear."

For all you youngins ... Fonda was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft gun during a visit to Vietnam in 1972. The incident has dogged her for years, earning her the nickname "Hanoi Jane."

In her blog, Fonda went on to say, "Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us."

Emails to QVC were not immediately returned.

charles

Lets get this straight, 1) You went to Viet Nam in protest of the war = TRUE! 2) You visted a prisoner of war camp at te request of the VC to see how the POW"S were treated humainly,and, while meeting the POW's they each slipped in your hand upon greeting you and shaking your hand passed you notes, and thier dog tag numbers upon which at the end you gave them to the camp Commandant = TRUE! As a punishment for this the most in human punishments and beatings were given to these men = TRUE! There are still men alive that were there when you visited, I'll bet you haven't said you were sorry to them, HAVE YOU? You brought this on yourself, and get off saying you care about our countries fighting men, your past tells it all!

Puckett

Actually Snopes.com says she never did pass a note from POW's to the North, and they cite sources who actually tracked down the soldiers who are crediting with being her victims, and they deny any part of the story that has become legend. So there is a lot of BS out there surrounding that claim. Why would a long released POW deny Hanoi Jane screwed him over? I mean really?

But she's still guilty as hell of conspiring with the enemy and offering aid and comfort to them, not to mention being a huge propaganda victory for the North.

And her public apologies over the years have always been filled with denial and only forthcoming if she has a new movie out. So fvck her.

Googie

Someone show her pics & video of her in her glory days as Hanoi Jane. She made it perfectly clear what her feelings were at the time, now she can deal with it.

awards

Harvey, having done a wonderful job of building TMZ into one of the most credible news organizations in the business why did you publish this story? In my eyes, you just became as despicable as a Holocaust Denier, possibly worse. Those folks are just nuts, you know better about Jane. She was/is a traitor to our country. Casey Anthony may have killed her own kid. Jane may have helped kill kids of thousands of others and certainly caused great pain. Why don't you set the record right? Jane says "Lies"! Harvey, spill the truth! You know your young audience deserves better from you! It ain't about the picture...and you know it!

Hanoi Jane

Harvey!

Try posting a picture of the Hanoi Whore instead of Melanie Griffith in your story.

Your weekend staff is full of idiots.

elle

"Can you blame anyone here is a woman who said all those things it is believable that she would do even more to prove her point"
- carpetMuncher

What in the world is this individual trying to say? Maybe it's Alzheimer's.

Ben

I find it funny that when the dem and far left protest, boycott it is ok but when some one protest or wants to boycott something they do or have done, it is wrong and not fair.

What a crock of BS ! ! ! ! !

RabbleRouser

Commie Whore...

Puckett

awards 10 minutes ago
"Harvey, having done a wonderful job of building TMZ into one of the most credible news organizations in the business why did you publish this story?" blah blah blah....

Are you serious? I mean really? In WHAT business? lmao, because TMZ sure as hell doesn't have any credibility in journalism circles.

TMZ is a sh*t-for-brains adolescent Hollywood gossip tabloid staffed by ignorant morons fresh out of high school, and that's all they'll ever be. A trashy Hollywood gossip blog.

cccccc

I guess jane still does not remember what she did to our tropps when she let the North viet cong phtograph her on an anti aircraft artilley and then called them baby killers as they returned.My dad was one of those guys and I remember the hatered that was heaped on us when he returned.It isn't "right wing" Jane it is the families and kids you hurt with your actions and words.Us kids will outlive you so I look foreward to reading your obit one day and visitng to make sure the grass is always yellow on it.

Kate

GO TO HELL AND BURN THERE YOU TURN COAT BITCH!

Googie

She said what?????

In a 1970 address at Michigan State University Fonda gave a speech saying; "I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."

Fonda visited Hanoi in July 1972. Among other statements, she repeated the North Vietnamese claim that the United States had been deliberately targeting the dike system along the Red River stating that "I believe in my heart, profoundly, that the dikes are being bombed on purpose." During this visit she also visited American prisoners of war (POWs), and brought back messages from them to their families. When cases of torture began to emerge among POWs returning to the United States, Fonda called the returning POWs "hypocrites and liars". She added, "These were not men who had been tortured. These were not men who had been starved. These were not men who had been brainwashed."[31] On the subject of torture in general, Fonda told The New York Times in 1973, "I'm quite sure that there were incidents of torture ... but the pilots who were saying it was the policy of the Vietnamese and that it was systematic, I believe that's a lie."[32] Fonda further stated that the POWs were "military careerists and professional killers" who are "trying to make themselves look self-righteous, but they are war criminals according to the law".

Annie

I love how she downplays what actually happened. Alot of people may not know what she did so lets be sure. Those POW's had been fed well, showered, and dressed to be photographed when she arrived. One risked everything to pass her a note which I believe had social security numbers on it of other POWs. Instead of holding it for dear life and turning it over to US forces, she gave it to the frickin enemy! You know men died cuz of it. She should have left the US 40 years ago.

drewg

The most evil woman alive....I truly hope you rot in Hell

Duke Steele

Just a Grunt: Semper Fi from another Marine. I was going to tell that same story myself. Shes a lowlife douchebag. She hates AMERICA and did enough to jeopardize the safety and well being of ALL men and women in country. What she did in that prison camp is tantamount to treason. I'm in Mass and John Kerry the professional gigolo is no better than she is. How he keeps getting elected is a mystery. But then the drunken murderer Ted K managed to keep his "job" until he **** the bed.