« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike Ad Stuntman CRUMPLES After Helicopter Fall

7/16/2011 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A stuntman for a new Nike commercial CRUSHED his ankle after plummeting 50 feet from a helicopter this week ... in a stunt gone terribly wrong -- and TMZ has obtained some gnarly footage of the accident.

0715-the-fall-launch-4

It all went down Thursday morning on the College of the Canyons campus in north L.A. -- several stuntmen were supposed to rappel from a hovering helicopter ... but one man lost control of his harness, and SLAMMED into the ground.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ, paramedics rushed to the scene and treated the stuntman for a broken ankle ... before transporting him to a nearby hospital.

The commercial features NBA stars Amar'e Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Rajon Rondo, and Arizona Cardinals' wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. The men on the helicopter are the athletes' stunt doubles ... and the guy who was injured was standing in for Stoudemire.

We reached out to Nike for comment -- but so far, no word back.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rotter

At least you spelled gnarly right.

scarlett

I am done with Nike after hiring Michael Vick for endorsements.

PitBullLover

i find it DISGUSTING my letter of complaint ( yes LETTER not EMAIL) to nike re: vick was never addressed/never replied to/never acknowledged in any way.
they told me over the phone THIS: we have resigned mike Vick as a Nike athlete mike acknowledges his past mistake we do not condone those actions, but we support the positive changes he has made to better himself off the field.
I TOLD THEM: You can never make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it’s no longer a mistake, it’s a choice.

Puffy

Can't help myself. Crumbles....not crumples (lol!)

Erik

@Puffy, you should have tried to help yourself - the term is "crumples". "Crumbles" would mean he literally fell and broke into pieces.

But thanks for playing "So you think you know the English language!"

Malarky

What a *****!! This guy didn't fall 50 feet. He slid down a rope to fast and hit the grass. I fell 55-60... feet off of an aircraft carrier onto a concrete pier and ****tered both of my legs 31 years ago. No ropes or trick photography there!

Chad Ringer

Guy gets hurt and yt's complain about blax ****in up, and a few even say they're done with Nike, as if nike need's their money and publicity, vick paid his debt to society, get off the mans l)!CK, and get a life, guy does more in a day than you will in life haters

Joao

What's the deal on that old white guy who nonchalantly stood around watching the events. I know the type, he'll be boring folks FOR YEARS with his story about the guys who fell out of the helicopter and then the question will come, "what did you do", and he'll say, "nothing"

Hammer

Just Do It Safer!

twister

was he wearing kobes?

JarJarBinks

@Jre82

"Wait a minute you cowards know better than to say that **** in person you don't wanna get hurt."

- You're reinforcing the stereotype. But yes, his comment was indeed lame, and totally inappropriate.

Josh

I was on set for this filming. thats me apporaching the fence in the left picture.

Check out my fan page on facebook, Joshua Paniagua

PMAC

Man...I replaced that guy after he broke his leg. Nasty fall. get well soon brother

Amir

Damn, EVERYBODY associated with the Knicks gets injured...

nike outlet stores

You this passage is too good,I very much agree with your point of view.I like Nike,do you like.Glad to visit my home page nike outlet stores