'Deadliest Catch' Captain

ATTACKS Cameraman

7/17/2011 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Deadliest Catch" captain Keith Colburn lashed out in a FEROCIOUS expletive-filled attack on one of the boat's cameramen recently -- bum-rushing the guy into a wall -- and it was all caught on tape.

0715-deadliest-catch-ex
Keith lost his temper after the photog in question -- named Brad Carper -- called up to the wheelhouse looking for one of the show's producers, interrupting Keith at exactly the wrong time.

Keith snapped.

The fight, which airs next Tuesday on Discovery, went down a couple months ago -- near the end of opilio crab fishing season -- and sources connected with the show tell TMZ, Keith was extremely stressed at the time ... and his fuse was real short. No kidding.

But it's all water under the bridge now -- according to sources, Keith and Brad are back on good terms and all is well. No hard feelings.

kathy golden

me and my husband own a commercial fishing boat, I have never seen any Capt. treat their crew like this man does!! You have to respect you'r crew, they r out there busting their butts, especially these guy's,that is some rough sea's and freezing weather, they r the one's bringing the money on that boat,you r like a family when you work on these boat's,and you gotta b able to trust everyone,he has no respect for his crew, or their feelings,you couldn't pay me enough money to get on his boat, One day he's gonna push the wrong MAN, and get the crap beat out of him, and he's gonna deserve it,,

kathy golden

me and my husband OWN a commercial fishing boat and I have never seen any Capt.treat his crew like this man treats his, he is disrespectful as hell,and you couldn't pay me enough money to work on a boat he would run, he is gonna push the wrong MAN one day and get the living CRAP beat out of him, and when it happens, he's gonna DESERVE IT!!!!!!

Tim

I think they should cut captain keith from the show every year he pulls some dumb a** stunt they are there to film a show not make him coffee or be a punching bag he crossed the line this year he should of been locked up as soon as that boat returned to port he only does that because at home his wife is the boss has no say in nothen lol

scott

Poor camera man, if the crew had their choice they would
probably throw him over board. Hey they're depending on
a $80,000.00 pay check and that wimp was told how it was
gonna be before he even got on the boat...sissy

Melanie

Honestly, Keith is so out of line so much!! To be strong does not mean disrespectful and his temper is off the hook. To think, his little girl sees him act this way too. Admiting you have an anger issue is fine but to keep doing it isn't ok. He needs some help...

adam

Keith is ruining the show. I used to watch every episode I could (even re-runs) and enjoy a king crab feast every couple of months. No real desire to do either now. I'm pretty much getting sick of watching screwed up people act foolish on TV and the internet. There doesn't seem to be any end to it. I think I'm going to have to star*****ching sitcoms more. I'm getting too old for this downer reality crap.

Jimmjr

I found Keith Colburns actions towards this cameraman and his crew very disturbing, The way he has physcialy,mentaly, and emotionly abused them is appaulling, he is a very insecure in the way he has to scream to everyone "who is the Captain" when someone rolls there eyes he flips out on this, I would really like to challenge what the maritime laws have to say about his hehaviors concearning Physcialy abusing
people on his vessell,If he is so concearn about the safety and well being of his crew, it would be best if this man would keep his hands to himself, seek professional help,get anger management cources, He may know something about crabbing but he knows nothing about being a good leader,I would encourage his Deckhands to find other vessels to work on till he can get it together, they really do deserve better.

Sondra

We have watched Deadliest Catch every season and have enjoyed seeing all the guys EXCEPT Keith!! Why was he not charged with assault? He dang sure needs to be OFF this show! He is an arrogant idiot! When he is "on" all you hear is beeeeep beeep beeeep because he can't even say an intelligent sentence! Those guys are busting their butts on deck and he has no respect for them! DISCOVERY CHANNEL should NOT tolerate this kind of abuse to their employees neither...it's bad enough the idiot treats the ship's crew the way he does but he should NOT be allowed to be a dictator to the show's crew!!! Keith ruins the whole show! Somebody needs to put his stupid butt on the road and off the show!!! HE IS A TOTAL JACK... HIS ACTIONS AND ABUSE IS TOTALLY WAY OUT OF LINE!!!

Sheila Middleton

Keith Colburn is a total jackass. I cannot imagine why the show hasn't dropped this guy. I've watched from the beginning of the show and he is the only captain I cannot stand. He brings the entire show down. He doesn't respect his crew or anyone else. Get rid of him!

Jughead

Discovery Channel should've shaken up Captain Keith and at least threatened assault charges on him. In my opinion he is unstable and even for a show his actions should've been punished. And, as someone else alluded to, maybe this show has run its course. It more of the same week after week. It's had its good run. Time to let it rest peacefully. The captains have been pretty cruel to the camera crew and have become famous because of the show. They should show a little more respect. I wonder how much money they have made from DC?

Keith

The Captain of the Wizard is the weakest of all, shown to all when for what ever excuse he uses to justicify his lack of control w/ guests on his ship. Totally unprofessional

BigAl 21

Keith is beyond bipolar, this guy is psychotic. I couldn't imagine getting on a boat with him. TDC does need to get rid of him, not only because of what he did to their own cameraman, but because of what he does to his crewmen, it's abusive. One of the casinos here in WA state have a dinner with Keith as a big night, who would want it?

fsmith@aol.com

Keith is the biggest piece of ****.. he needs to go to anger management He makes this show not fun to watch I turn the channel when they say the wizard is coming up.. The camera man should press charges.. he is fake and not a man!!!!

Kate

Didn't Keith get his a$$ handed to him a few seasons ago by another DC captain? Since then, it looks like little ol' Keith has been trying to prove he's all that. Too bad he comes off looking stupid instead.

Robert

Good thing that wasn't me. I don't give a **** who you are... you lay your hands on me and we're gonna brawl!

I would have loved smashing that **** bean's head... *******. All he does is **** talk.

Somebody, someday is gonna tear his ass up.. And I can only but, congratulate the person lucky enough to experience it.

--Rob USMC