Rachel Returns Hush Money

Threatens Gloria Allred

7/18/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Rachel Uchitel has given Tiger Woods back most of the settlement money he paid her ... and now Rachel is preparing to sue Gloria Allred, the lawyer who struck the deal, allegedly because Gloria sold her out for money.

art_0717
As TMZ reported, Gloria negotiated a $10 million settlement for Rachel ... just hours before Rachel was going to hold a tell-all news conference about Tiger Woods.  The settlement included a confidentiality agreement, which prohibited Rachel from talking about Tiger.

We've learned the agreement stated ... if Rachel violated the confidentiality clause ... she would not only have to return the money she received but Tiger could sue her for damages as well.

Sources tell TMZ ... several months ago Tiger's lawyer, Jay Lavely, contacted Gloria and said they were going after Rachel because they believed she violated the confidentiality agreement by allegedly speaking with TMZ and going on "Celebrity Rehab" to treat her "addiction to love" -- though she never talked specifically about Tiger on the show.

We're told Rachel felt strongly she had not violated the agreement, but Gloria allegedly convinced her she would lose if push came to shove, so Gloria struck a deal with Lavely -- that Rachel would return the lion's share of the settlement money.

But our sources say ... what has Rachel fuming is that Gloria allegedly made a deal with Jay Lavely -- that Gloria would still get all of her attorney's fees. Rachel believes Gloria sold her out ... allegedly making a deal with Tiger's lawyer to strong-arm Rachel into giving the money back and in return Gloria would get her fee -- a fee Gloria would not have received if Rachel went to arbitration and lost.

We're told Rachel went along with the deal, but as time went on she felt she had gotten screwed, and then hired a malpractice lawyer who has made a demand on Gloria to either pay Rachel what she gave back or get sued.

Sources tell TMZ ... Rachel's lawyer has given Gloria a deadline, and if Gloria doesn't ante up ... a legal malpractice lawsuit will be filed.

We contacted Gloria, who said, "No comment." Ditto Rachel, who was also mum.

UPDATE: TMZ asked Gloria if her law partner, Nate Goldberg, was the lawyer who negotiated Rachel's big give-back to Tiger. This time she said she couldn't answer because of "attorney-client privilege."

UPDATE:  Gloria just told TMZ, "Our law firm no longer represents Ms. Uchitel and we have no comment on this story at this time.  However, we are confident that we have always acted appropriately and in her best interests."

UPDATE:  Gloria just gave TMZ another statement:  "I was not involved in any way in the allegations set forth in the TMZ story which appears today and which references me.  I have not had a conversation with or communicated with Jay Lavely about any client in more than a year.  I am reserving all of my legal rights and remedies against anyone who defames me."

ang

lmao who cares they are all trash!

Italia

I would have NEVER given back $10,000,000 or even $5,000,000 for that fact. Rachel should have cleared it with her lawyers before she even went on a show like that. Whatever the show paid her was NOT as much money as she lost for doing the show.

mrsschrute

rachel and gloria have both set the women's movement back about 50 years. can't get your married boyfriend to leave his wife? well, just extort some money in exchange for silence! gloria, and rachel, you both make me sick to my stomach. gloria and rachel, your looks are vomit-inducing. i'd rather suck someone off under a bridge to make a dollar. at least it's an honest buck you effing skanky white trash garbage! you are both in the same class-which is like school on saturday-NO CLASS! THE WHOLE WORLD HATES BOTH OF YOU EFFING BITCHES!

Tess

Rachel's got huge cajones.

jenna

Rachel has gorgeous hair. Dumb as a f---n post tho!

Bill

I feel no sorrow for this back stabbing home wrecker who pulled a shameless 10 million dollar shake down. I'm glad Tiger got the last laugh, and for once I am rooting for Gloria!

Rogue Warrior

Bizarrely, Nalepa's body was found hanging naked from a balcony of the same home only a few days after the boy's fall last Monday, police are still investigating her death.
============================================

PLEASE let this happen to Gloria A HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

St Murphy: Stop spreading lies on this board. Tiger never uses a poly max golf club. NEVER. In fact. Phil Mickelson is the one who was cited by the Commisioner of Golf for that very infraction.(using illegal clubs)

Please STFU and stop with the lies!!!!

lala

Rachel just doesn't want her 15 minutes to be up so soon.

Muppet

Curious 12 hours ago
I'm wondering who else may step forward against Gloria Allred. Violet Kowal, Whitman's housekeeper and the underage prostitute whose name Allred revealed at a press conference comes to mind as the starting three.

___________________

I agree with you 100%!!! Those three at the very least should file against her!! They were exploited for no reason except to put Gloria in front of the camera! What Gloria did by calling press conferences, did NOT help her clients one single bit! I always hoped those three would step forward and slam this camera seeking witch!
The young girl especially! That was just so wrong! Not even an adult. Gloria should've known better than to let a person that was a minor at the time of the incident step forward! Now she has to carry that with her the rest of her life!! Sue Gloria!!
She deserves it!!!!

WatcherOne

She had to give the money back? WOW. Oh well, she can make it back when she gets her private detective career going, right? LOL Idiot.

What You Really Want To See

Gloria Allred is the one on the left, right?

nisiek

and I thought Uglitell was low down...someone in the milk ain't clean..Celeb Rehab with Uglitell has been in the can for months why is this coming out right now??? I unfortunately saw the whole celeb rehab with Rachel and from what I know she makes a living out of sleeping with married men, Tiger was one of many...trust that!! She was blowing through that money hard and fast that is for sure! Well, we may never know but what she had on Tiger was probably not sexual but something regarding his golfing...the film he put on his driver more than likely...always thought he was a low down cheat in all areas of life...nothing is secret when you are famous..and karma is truly and really a b i t c h!!!

nisiek

Whoria Allred is just as much a ho as RAchel...she rapes her victims too....I hope they both go down...the whole thing reeks...I think Uglitell was beyond stoopid to go on Celeb Rehab...but still that show has been over for months why now with this stuff?? Whoria is scary and Uglitell is creepy, maybe Whoria can be her pimp once she loses her license to practice law???

Tess

@Sonya, who do you think she's talking about????? I said that she never said Tiger's name but it's very obvious WHO she's talking about. Do you think if she screwed some guy who works at Walmart that she'd be giving interviews, reality shows, photo shoots and a commercial with a TIGER??????

I can say 'the man I had kids with', 'the man I sleep with every night', 'the man I married'....and never mention my husband by name--doesn't mean anyone would be clueless as to who I'm talking about.