Rachel Returns Hush Money

Threatens Gloria Allred

7/18/2011 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Rachel Uchitel has given Tiger Woods back most of the settlement money he paid her ... and now Rachel is preparing to sue Gloria Allred, the lawyer who struck the deal, allegedly because Gloria sold her out for money.

art_0717
As TMZ reported, Gloria negotiated a $10 million settlement for Rachel ... just hours before Rachel was going to hold a tell-all news conference about Tiger Woods.  The settlement included a confidentiality agreement, which prohibited Rachel from talking about Tiger.

We've learned the agreement stated ... if Rachel violated the confidentiality clause ... she would not only have to return the money she received but Tiger could sue her for damages as well.

Sources tell TMZ ... several months ago Tiger's lawyer, Jay Lavely, contacted Gloria and said they were going after Rachel because they believed she violated the confidentiality agreement by allegedly speaking with TMZ and going on "Celebrity Rehab" to treat her "addiction to love" -- though she never talked specifically about Tiger on the show.

We're told Rachel felt strongly she had not violated the agreement, but Gloria allegedly convinced her she would lose if push came to shove, so Gloria struck a deal with Lavely -- that Rachel would return the lion's share of the settlement money.

But our sources say ... what has Rachel fuming is that Gloria allegedly made a deal with Jay Lavely -- that Gloria would still get all of her attorney's fees. Rachel believes Gloria sold her out ... allegedly making a deal with Tiger's lawyer to strong-arm Rachel into giving the money back and in return Gloria would get her fee -- a fee Gloria would not have received if Rachel went to arbitration and lost.

We're told Rachel went along with the deal, but as time went on she felt she had gotten screwed, and then hired a malpractice lawyer who has made a demand on Gloria to either pay Rachel what she gave back or get sued.

Sources tell TMZ ... Rachel's lawyer has given Gloria a deadline, and if Gloria doesn't ante up ... a legal malpractice lawsuit will be filed.

We contacted Gloria, who said, "No comment." Ditto Rachel, who was also mum.

UPDATE: TMZ asked Gloria if her law partner, Nate Goldberg, was the lawyer who negotiated Rachel's big give-back to Tiger. This time she said she couldn't answer because of "attorney-client privilege."

UPDATE:  Gloria just told TMZ, "Our law firm no longer represents Ms. Uchitel and we have no comment on this story at this time.  However, we are confident that we have always acted appropriately and in her best interests."

UPDATE:  Gloria just gave TMZ another statement:  "I was not involved in any way in the allegations set forth in the TMZ story which appears today and which references me.  I have not had a conversation with or communicated with Jay Lavely about any client in more than a year.  I am reserving all of my legal rights and remedies against anyone who defames me."

Sonya in Tx

This is the way it always ends with gold diggers.

Sonya in Tx

Bottom line.....Rachel should have kept her trap shut....

juggaloszuch

@Sonya in TX...don't you mean legs?

HORRIBLE = Given $10 Million, then forced to return it.

I'd NEVER speak of the subject which I'm prohibited from if it meant possibly losing my $10 Million.

Perky

But, but but ... Rachel already bought that cute $2 million Manhattan condo with that hush money!

ScorpELady

Rachel had some good info on Tiger. Remember at the time, his PR & legal team were referred to as a "well-oiled machine." I'm sure they didn't contemplate this $10M settlement lightly. None of the other women who came forward were offered a monetary deal & they shared plenty of details. Which just means Rachel's info was the most damaging. She either knew about drug use or pregnancies or both. But as much as I can't stand the whore, I've never heard her blab about him. She knew she had a good thing & she wasn't going to to risk forfeiting the money. It will be interesting to see where this goes...

SantaFeJack

couldn't happen to two more deserving losers...and I'm being kind calling them that.

makeitstop

you must fear Gloria Allred

Shawn

Gloria is nothing more than a glorified ambulance chaser. Useless garbage.

John the Lawyer

Couldn't happen to a better couple of media whores

juggaloszuch

I'd love to see Nancy Grace and Gloria Allred battle each other in court

Hamptons dude

So that's what a ten million dollar hooker looks like.

Tess

The only reason Tiger agreed to pay her was because at the time she was the only one threatening to blab about him. As much as I can't stand Gloria, she's not screwing Rachel over. She got a sweet deal for Rachel, $10 million dollars. That hush money is nothing more than extortion, pay me money or I'll tell the world about what we did. Tiger agreed to pay it to save his marriage and reputation. But in the end it didn't matter because Rachel's news conference, which got cancelled after she was paid off, prompted all the other hos to come forward because they wanted their payday.

Rachel may as well have said his name. She's a greedy ho and $10 million wasn't enough for her. She made a commercial where she was photographed with a tiger and had lines that were a pun on her relationship with Tiger.

She also was getting $300K to pose nude, as Tiger's former mistress, and Tiger's legal team put the kibosh on that. This chick is all about money, does anyone really believe she loved Tiger? No, he's ugly as a mud fence, she was in it for the money. And though she has never said "Tiger", she's given interviews about how in love she was with him, with the title of the interview being something along the lines of "Tiger's #1 Mistress".

Her ONLY claim to fame is that he was screwing around with her. Her name would not be a household name otherwise and she wouldn't be popping up on reality shows, etc.

I believe Gloria is right, Rachel would never win in court against Tiger's lawyers because she did break the agreement. Hush money means go away & never associate yourself with me again. Remember WHY she was given the #10 million, because she had ALREADY scheduled a news conference to squeal like the pig that she is. She wanted to cash in on the fact that she'd slept with him. At the time she was as much in the dark as Elin was, she had no idea there were 12+ other mistresses. Rachel was in it for the $$$ from day 1. SHE hired Gloria as her attorney, there's no reason Gloria shouldn't get a fee for continuing to represent her. Gloria is saving her from getting sued for even more money, which the contract entitled Tiger to. Right now she's only losing most of the $10 million, not even all of it. If she went to court she'd have to pay back ALL of it PLUS be sued for more money.

Tess

Here's a link to just one interview she gave about her 'relationship' with Tiger: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1329455/Tiger-Woods-Rachel-Uchitel-breaks-silence-affair.html

And here's some tidbits from just that one interview with her talking about her affair with Tiger:

‘People have called me all sorts of names, but they don’t know me. I am not the same as the other girls and I never ever imagined in my wildest dreams that I would be caught up in a scandal like this.'

‘I’m only telling my story now so that people can discover what sort of girl I am and learn the truth about me. If they still choose to hate me, then so be it. But I never set out to hurt anyone.’

I ask her if she regrets sleeping with a married man: ‘Yes, of course,’ she snaps. ‘I will never, ever do that again.’

'My life became one of private jets. My job was to get the high-rollers, or whales – as we called them – into the club and give them anything and everything they wanted to have the best night of their lives – guys who would order 100 bottles of Cristal champagne in a night or even blow $500,000 [£300,000] on one night of partying.

‘If they wanted steak, they got steak. If they wanted a certain song, I’d get it played on a loop all night. A Saudi prince loved Uptown Girl so I sent someone out to get it and that prince had Uptown Girl all night.

‘And if they wanted girls, I’d get them girls, though you have to understand I never got involved in that side of things. Of course, some of the girls were hookers. And others would sleep with men for gifts. But I didn’t force anyone to do anything. These were consenting adults. I was there to work and make money. It was strictly business.’ She claims she earned £300,000 a year: ‘I was paid well and got huge tips. I deserved it. I was good at my job.’

She also insists she ‘mostly’ went home alone, but it was as nightclub hostess that she met Tiger Woods and embarked on their affair.

Now tell me how that's not talking about him????????????

E

Gloria Allred defines worthless whore. An attorney's first allegiance is to her client. If this went down as it reads above, Gloria did sell out Rachel. But it's Rachel. The woman who slept with Elin's husband. What goes around, comes around.